Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Stopped playing after Ch.18: A Binding of Kin. Decided to come back to the game. Have questions.

Options
stargazer9
stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

Firstly, I’m seeing a lot of complaints (I know this isn’t new in this community but I’m noticing it’s a lot more than usual this time). Some players are saying they don’t play as often anymore and some even decided to quit the game. So what exactly happened? 

Any survivors/killers worth getting? 

What are the best perks currently? 

Is the meta still the same? 

Any gameplay changes or new features added since? 

Lastly, anything to look forward to?

Best Answer

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Answer ✓
    Options

people are leaving because the devs make balance changes in the worst possible order. they decide to try to fix low priority issues (in the worst possible ways that end up making much larger problems) while high priority issues are actively ruining the game and the playerbase is kinda sick of their shit at this point

artist, trickster and pinhead are worth getting for perks. wesker is pretty good and fun to play and vs, sadako is fun but pretty weak unless you use one specific build, the rest arent particularly strong or fun (but singularity [current ptb killer] is pretty good so far, and really fun minus some stuff survivors can abuse to make him miserable)

survivors are still all just skins of the same character, but for perks noone new has anything particularly amazing, but mikaela, rebecca and vittorio have decently strong perks (if a bit gimmicky/situational), but jill, leon and ada have fun perks even if they arent great

best perks are probably corrupt, deadlock, jolt, pop, pain res for slowdown. stbfl is probably the best chase perk, brutal is stronger than it was, bamboozle is unchanged. noed and no way out are the best endgame perks, but there are new ones that are fun too (terminus is fun and new, bloodwarden isnt new but still fun)

best survivor perks are still exhaustion and anti tunnel. iron will no longer makes you silent, dead hard was changed a good bit to half a second of endurance on press, and only active after being unhooked or unhooking another. off the record is now anti tunnel, and ds is weaker. just running the same stuff from before should work fine.

meta is not the same at all. you cant commit to chases, and you need to plan for a 3gen near immediately, with slowdown being significantly weaker you will also be forced to tunnel much earlier against good survivors

as surv you need to break 3gens asap, and prepare for a game of being tunneled or saving someone being tunneled. otherwise loops are still strong, they still dont know how to make a good map and god pallets/vaults and pseudo infinites are still aplenty for you to abuse to your leisure

survivors now have a hud that shows whos doing what (i.e. if on gen, totem, healing, or doing nothing, shows if anyone is in chase not just obsession). more than just dead hard is used in terms of exhaustion even though its still the strongest when used right, gens take 10 seconds longer, killers do thing marginally quicker, medkits arent as broken

new chapter looks cool ig, but no

Answers

• stargazer9
    Options

Thanks for the detailed response. Feels like not worth coming back to. I used to care a lot about my rank and play the game seriously, I’ve just played a few games casually and I think it’s better that way. Also I remember there was a Community Manager I think she was, Queen something. Is she no longer with BHVR?

• stargazer9
    Options

Who replaced her? And did anyone else leave?

• Paiblin
    Paiblin Member Posts: 42
    Options

I stopped playing shortly before you did, and also just came back. I don't have much to add, but I think they may have changed the graphics. Everything looks blurrier now. I can't make out people's faces anymore, I could have sworn the game was sharper back in the day. They also added some toggleable accessibility features, which, for me, were nice. And they added bots in custom games, but it seems these bots can only take the role of survivor and not killer, so, you probably can't practice survivor by yourself. I hear survivors are slower now, but I don't know that for sure.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

Meta is DRASTICALLY different. For example, ruin is now a D-tier perk. And finally, after years of suffering, dead hard is DEAD. liike literally useless. you are better off with balanced landing.

Two fantastic changes on the survivor end: Basekit borrowed time, and some extra information on the hud for soloQ!

About the hud, it shows what actions your team is doing. It also shows the gen progress of the gen their on, along with recovery progress while down.

------------------------------------

The best perks for killer are: Deadlock, Pain Resonance, No Way out and Corrupt Intervention. Those are the standout ones at least.

Pain res: A new kind of perk called a scourge hook. 4 random hooks turn white, if you hook anyone on them a scourge hook perk will trigger. Pain res for example, causes the gen with the most progress to lose 25% progress instantly the first time each survivor is hooked on a scourge. Perk for The Artist.

Deadlock: When a gen goes off, the gen with the most progress is blocked for 30s. Really strong and really easy to use. Perk for the Cenobite/Pinhead (everyone calls him pinhead).

No way out: Gain a token for the first time each survivor is hooked. At 4 tokens, when someone tries to start opening a gate it is blocked for one minute. Technically, its blocked for 12s + 12s per token. You get a noise notification when this triggers. Perk for The Trickster

-------------------------------------

The best survivor perks are:

Sprint Burst, Lithe, Off The Record, Deliverance, Prove thyself, Adrenaline, and Reassurance. There are plenty of fantastic survivor perks to choose from right now, but those are imo the best ones.

Off The Record: Zarina Kassir Perk. Was reworked in 6.1.0 (along with 70 other perks) to an anti tunnel perk. After being unhooked, gain endurance for 80s. You also get iron will and an aura blocker for the duration. If you do anything that would deactivate decisive, the endurance goes away but the iron will and aurablock stay. Currently the best perk in the game imo.

Deliverance: Adam Francis Perk. Its been pretty good tier, but with basekit BTs addition and off the record it became amazing. Safe unhook someone and you can unhook yourself, but broken for 60s after. With basekit BT you can hop off right on the killers face and make away scott free. Especially with OTR. This actually makes it amazing for trading and countering camping, since nobody has to come trade you.

Reassurance: An amazing perk. Belonging to Rebecca Chambers, reassurance allows you to pause the struggle timer of somebody on hook for 30s. You need to get within 6m to activate it, but it goes through floors and is instant. Allows you to halve killer pressure with the touch of a button, and make camping meaningless for 30 entire seconds.

I left out the ones I figured you'd know of.

-----------------------------------

Some things to look forward to:

In the next chapter, theres a camera surveillance killer that can infect and teleport to survivors with infection. Either with hit camera placement or through the cams themselves.

New survivor "Gabriel Soma" As some unique and interesting lore! Along with a new perk, Made for This. When injured, get a 3% speed bonus. Doesnt work while exhausted, but doesnt apply exhaustion either.

A recent ama confirmed a few things:

A killer FOV slider is in the works

Billy, Trapper, Twins, and Freddy are all getting reworks/buffs at in a year or two

Confirmed that future killer release may have more non-humanoid elements.

Offerings are being looked at in general.

They know the shrine is outdated and are looking into it

New survivor items are in the works!

3 gen standoffs (a more recent problem) are being focused on.

Unbreakable will NOT be basekit. I know that sounds random, but there was a PTB back in august of last year where they tried that. Broke the game. But in return, if everyone was down everyone would instantly die with the mori animation playing you out.

That finisher mori I mentioned is still being planned/considered.

They have heard feedback on the skull merchant and will be changing her. Shes basically the queen of brain dead anti loop and eternal 3 gens.

----------------------------------------

Are there any survivors/killers worth getting?

ABSOLUTELY! BHVR may have dropped the ball on the last two chapters, but there are plenty of great ones waiting for you!

There are TWO resident evil chapters. TWO. The first has nemesis, and jill+leon as the survivors. The second has Albert Wesker for the killer, and Ada Wong+Rebecca chambers for the survivors. I HIGHLY reccomend getting wesker. He is incredibly fun to play, you literally get to throw the survivors. Hes also a top 5 killer.

Along with the 2 resi chapters came plenty of legendary character skins for the resi characters. I think theres like a total of 11 resident evil characters.

The Artist is a very fun killer imo. She used launches long ranged linear scans (with travel time) to find survivors. If they get hit by the scan, they are swarmed. Hit them again and their injured. Crossmaps for DAYS. D A Y S .

Thalita Lyra is a very well made survivor. Shes pretty, got cool clothes, her own lobby music and voice lines.

DEFINITELY get the new killer, the Singularity.

Try out the Trickster! Hes kind of like huntress, but more about chaining a flurry of knives to shred through health states. Hes not the best killer, but hes pretty cool.

The dredge has a VERY unique design, along with some unique gameplay.

----------------------------------------

If you quit in chapter 18, I think you will be very happy with everything thats changed since then.