Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Hex: Plaything spawning mechanic or Plaything aura reading effect may be bugged.

ASusSheep
ASusSheep Member Posts: 42
edited May 2023 in Bug Reporting

I was playing on PC, on the map The Game. The killer had Hex: Thrill Of The Hunt and Hex: Plaything (might have had others, I didn't get to find out).

Early game before anyone was hooked I ran past a lit hex totem while being chased. Immediately afterwards, I was downed, hooked, and affected with Hex: Plaything. However, the moment that happened, I was able to see the aura of what I'm pretty sure was the lit totem I had just run past.

My understanding is that Plaything is supposed to activate on a dull totem, and show the aura to the affected player. But it seemed as if it either activated on a lit totem, or the aura reading effect was bugged and showing me a different lit Hex totem. Unfortunately I died before I could cleanse it and I don't know what Hex was on that totem.

Additionally, I think I remember that Plaything totems have a visual "entity barrier" to other survivors? I don't know if there's any visual indicator at all for the affected player but I was able to start cleansing it and it just looked like a normal lit Hex totem to me. Though I think it might've looked pink/red even when I had direct line of sight on it, but if that's the case I guess that might just be an unrelated aura reading mechanic or bug. Or I might be misremembering. I don't have any screen recording unfortunately.

I also suppose it's possible that the moment I got hooked, a teammate started using a map that showed the totem aura to the whole team, but I didn't check if anyone had one so that's just speculation.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated