Player Entitlement in this community is Unbelievable

Options

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,929
    Options

Well, but I assure you, running up to the killer and getting downed and hooked within the first minute of the game is not qualifying for "refusing to participate in normal gameplay". Like hiding in a locker for 20+min, thats refusing to play, but one core aspect of this is that you prevent the game from reaching its conclusion, like baring a survivor in a room and then not moving from the entrance for several minutes.

• LeFreezy
    LeFreezy Member Posts: 228
    Options

oh no me got matched against a killer me don't like, me gonna ruin game for everyone else

xd

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

Well, at least she let you sacrifice her. For me giving up usually means DC. DC is a more typical reaction in such situations when seeing a specific killer. Also, she is P100 - the higher your pres the more entitled you feel.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,284
    Options

I don't understand the hate for Knight. The guards pop up next to you at a moments notice, that's exciting surely? You have to then out run a guard and try to avoid being pincered by the knight himself, so that requires being fleet flooted and skilful.

I main Knight and ive watched video's of playing against them and I genuinely can't see why people get so ar5y about him. Yeah 3 gen drags on a bit, but SM is way worse for holding 3 gens.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,039
    Options

Well, while i see two extra resilience additionally to the toolbox (with a BNP), i also wouldn't call this full genrush.

But my comment was more aimed at the second halve of your post about the lone survivor without any form of improved gen efficiency.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

This is good argument for survivors to be able to see killer in lobby so they can also lobby dodge judt like killers can when they think it will be an unfun match.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

3x Adrenaline, 2x This is not Happening and DS + Hope. Totally doesn´t look like 1 runner and 2 gen jockeys.

Its a build for people that don´t want to waste time with healing and prefer to push gens, since they get healed by Adrenaline anyway. At least, thats how i would play this.

But i loled at the Forum-Killer.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

Ditto. Knight is one of the few killers that really tests your map knowledge and positioning. Versing him is always fun for me!

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

Exactly!

This attitude only serves as an excuse to give up the moment something "unfun" happens. It's very unhealthy for the playerbase and shouldn't be encouraged or justified.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

you said load outs were aimed for gen rushing and there is only one person with a toolbox with streetwise. i didn't pay attention to the perks and checked after reading your comment and i legit thought it was multiple people with hyperfocus stake out toolboxes. if you meant adrenalines, idk what to say

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,046
    Options

Knight isn't even that bad.

• Tsulan
    Options

Only pushing gens while not caring about heals and ignoring everything else IS the definition of gen rushing.

Or how would you define a gen rush?

• NerfDHalready
    Options

let's say i just don't mind gen rushing without the aid of very strong tools like bnps and hyperfocus/stake out.

besides, you said survivors had gen rush builds, and i'm certain adrenaline/resilience isn't that.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,812
    Options

People aren't bringing Resilience and Adrenaline if they aren't trying to get the gens done quickly. Not to mention, these are the OG gen rush perks, because old dbd didn't have a lot of options to increase gen speed.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

what kind of survivor doesn't try to get the gens done?? sorry i just don't get it i guess

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

While I get your point, calling people selfish for not enjoying playing against a certain killer is a bit hypocritical. I mean, you clearly play Knight for a reason, you enjoy him. Even though you admit the majority doesn’t like playing against him. Does that make you selfish for not caring about the other side having fun? No.

Everyone is inherently self-interested and are going to do things that garner them more enjoyment. Whether that’s you playing Knight or survivors wanting to play any of the other 30 killers on the roster. You can’t change people, and expecting them to do so is asinine.

• Tsulan
    Options

A 9% repair bonus and a perk that heals when all gens are completed. I´m not a fan of Adrenaline (in terms of using it myself) but its pretty strong when used correctly. Having a SWF team would make the timing easier. The amount of times a down would be nullified by Adrenaline is pretty high.

Anyway, i think we getting a bit off topic. Since they gave up early in order to complain about a killer they didn´t like. I honestly think that people should log in with their build before the matchmaking takes the decision to match accordingly. So players with red addons get matches against each other.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

Ohh let us guess

Was it gen tunneling? Rush gen? Gen vision?!

• NerfDHalready
    Options

adrenaline is strong, especially after the introduction of activity hud. my point was, again, having an intention to "gen rush" doesn't equal having a gen rush build and there are way stronger perks for that than resilience.

but don't get me wrong i 100% agree on the statement that most people are hypocrites when it comes to caring about other side's fun. people would bring the strongest builds, play the most boring and annoying way and expect the other side to do the exact opposite.

• Nebula
    Options

What else is there to do? Healing and unhooking are the only other things to do and if they choose not to heal, then that simply makes chases easier for you. I don’t understand how people actually expect survivors to not focus on the one objective they have.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

I have no patience for those people. However, neither do I hook them. I slap them into the dying state where they can either bleed out or disconnect. Whichever they choose, I have the time.

• Tsulan
    Options

I don´t need a specific build to just focus gens. Some perks are better for that than others. Maybe their intention wasn´t to rush. But its the way i would play with that build.

Btw. i noticed 2 posts ago that it wasn´t This is not happening, but Resilience. Now i´m doubting my own eye sight.

And yes, people just need to play both sides more. In order to understand why killers/survivors do something, instead of just getting mad at the other side. Because i´ve seen the most ridiculous rants from both sides, for completely valid plays. That were not unfair or scummy at all. But sadly, this community has a extremely strong bias towards one side.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited May 2023
    Options

lobby shopping causes more damage than “slightly longer queue times.” It also harms the MMR system. There was one guy here—he’s probably someone you’d find agreeable—who admitted that he lobby shops specifically to pair with much weaker survivors. Then he destroys them. So it’s certainly more caustic than your dismissive platitude about queue times, hon.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,260
    Options

But lobby dodging borks up the matchmaking and creates backfilling, often leading to very one-sided games.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Its a pretty sad fact that there is nothing in the games mechanics that incentivises fair play, and quite the contrary, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I showed mercy on a survivor on death hook and left them slugged, I paid the price for that by getting laughed out at the exit gates and "ggeeeeez. Lol. Git gud."

I really wished BHVR implemented some kinda of system where survivors get debuffed and the killer get their old BBQ bloodpoint bonus, when the killer manages to hook everyone once without killing anyone off. But such a behaviour is only fit for the lower MMR regions and is hamstringing everyone who plays the game even halfway serious.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 429
    Options

Knight ain't a killer they can bully so better for them to just give up.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

those kind of players are generally pretty clueless to the fact that you are actually being nice, aka new players so i wouldn't worry.

and they really need to incentivize fair play because killers currently have no reason not to tunnel; given it is objectively the "smartest" choice a killer can make if they want to win.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685
    Options

I mean ok… you never know what the other players games were before yours. Maybe they got knight the game before your knight game. Players dont sign contracts to stay in matches. And if they leave then who cares you win the match. Winning is the only thing that matters to some players anyway

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 949
    Options

Unsportsmanlike conduct, griefing their team, exploiting a loophole to avoid a DC penalty?

Once the Bot Survivors are introduced for DC’s, this type of behavior likely will become bannable with enough reports.

Play normally, then “get distracted at the possibility of a self-unhook”. Then you’re at least utilizing the tools the game offers you, instead of just pouting and choosing not to engage when you had said you were ready to play the game.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Well, you seem to be quite dead-set on your opinion, I am just repeating what I know Mandy or other staff members explained time and time again was considered unsportmanlike behaviour and griefing. One think for sure, no one will ever consider this an Exploid, and you can argue as much as you want, but thats a fact. But alas, I will rest my case. Good bye.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 949
    Options

Projecting much? Quite a dismissive opening and ending.

Eventually this scenario will need to be addressed:

”I don’t like this Killer/Map, but I don’t want more DC time penalties. Instead of DCing I’ll just sit AFK, these guys won’t get a bot and it’ll be a 1v3 instead of a 1v4 making it extremely hard and unfair, but I don’t care.”

• Nebula
    edited May 2023
    Options

It has been repeatedly said that what the Ada did was not a bannable offense. Also, calling not playing exploiting a loophole is pretty comical.

And why would it become a bannable offense when bots are introduced? What's the logic behind that?

Edit: Just saw your other comment. While that definitely could become a problem, I highly doubt that that will be players intentions. People would rather just not wait out the DC penalty, not actively think "I'm gonna turn this into a 3v1 for teammates instead of adding the bot". You'd have to change a lot of aspects of this game to address that issue, and in turn it would more than likely punish people who just happened to have something IRL come up before a match.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,115
    edited May 2023
    Options

This is my mentality as well. Aint going to give people crap for something so many do. Its not a big deal. I've never cared too much when its happened to me, I just try to do what I can in the match until I'm dead. If the killer wants to keep trying, I will keep trying too until I die, or just try to farm points as fast as possible. If I'm the killer, I usually just let the others farm points with me and/or give 1 of them hatch.

There's no obligation or requirement to stay in a match you don't find fun or don't believe will be fun. If thats based on a certain killer, certain perks being run, map, etc...it doesn't matter to me. You should never be forced to stay in a match. And its not like survivors have any idea who the killer is in the pre-match lobby, so they can dodge if they choose to.

Can't blame em.

• burt0r
    Options

Not really.

Survivor look all the same, as in you can't see what kind of item quality they are carrying and what perks they have.

Killer all have vastly different popularizes leading to partially immensely inflated queue times.

But sure let's implement it, no skin of my back, i don't play anymore.

Just another idea i wish the devs would implement just for you and me to see how much it would break. 😁

• burt0r
    Options

Nice accusation, i have never "lobby shopped" and only one intentional DC in my 300 hours.

Also please, the matchmaking is already in the dumps in favor of short queue times.

Also, also don't call me hon. I just can't take anybody seriously when they use derogatory terms like bro, dude, hon and so on. (Same with written rofl, lmao or lol)

• burt0r
    Options

So did the softening of matchmaking parameters in favor of speed. I have given up on this system when it was ranks and this new one has devolved into something that's not any better.

Still ragequitting is a more atrocious problem.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I want them to either show killer so survivors have option to dodge OR skip the lobby/offering screens and have players go directly from "looking for match" to loading into match so neither side can dodge.

Honestly I think the dodging one will be hilarious. Have killers dodging high prestige, anonymous, thinking it's swf and items while survivors dodge specific killers and high prestige. Be great to see what the matches are like when finally get a lobby willing to play with eachother. 😂

This discussion has been closed.