Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,271
    Options
  • burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,039
    edited May 2023
    Options

When you are at it let killer also see whose in an swf. That way it will kill the game with certainty.

The immediate load in would be nice. One minute less wasted by the indecisive or the last second switchers. No change for me as a casual. I had my mostly fix built and my trusted companions Lightborn (praise be the lord) and franklins (if i felt a little bit nasty).

If i wasn't profile checking out of boredom, i was mostly off screen watching something on my other monitor.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 143
    Options

Chill, I just made a joke about how people get super worked up whenever someone says "tunneling gens", like you just did.

But out of curiosity, how do you feel about Killers who focus on the one objective they have?

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

I’ve stated multiple times that I have no problem with people who camp or tunnel, same with survivors who genrush. If you wanna win, go ahead, but that’s not how I enjoy playing. It’s a game design fault on both sides, and they’re both highly unenjoyable to play against.

It just makes zero sense to me how people are actually appalled that people who play an online game want to win.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

Well, what do you say to killer that lobby dodge, because they see 4 toolboxes? ITs basicly the same, killers just can dc before the match starts because they can act on information they got before, while survivors just receive that information in the match.

But it still is basicly the same.

• Cyber686
    Cyber686 Member Posts: 64
    Options

40 min against 3 gen killer? no thanks

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 4,977
    Options

You should know by now that on these forums and Reddit, killer=bad, survivor fun>killer fun. They’ll accuse anyone who disagrees of being a killer main and yell that it’s a killer sided forum when it really isn’t.

*note: I dunno how my post formatted this way and I’m too lazy to figure it out.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,418
    Options

Both are avoiding games they perceive to be challenging or boring. My point anyway was that if survivors had the option to killer dodge in lobby, they absolutely would. They don't have that option, so they do it in game. I'm also not saying it's right or that I agree with it. I'm saying why it happens.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,929
    Options

This kinda formating happens ...

When you put this> here alone in the line.

It mostly happens for me, when I try to do the>_<smiley thing and forget about this formating quirk.

• Pulsar
    Options

I don't really have an issue with it because that's what I "grew up" with on DBD.

Is the new system better? Yeah, probably. Would I care if it went back to how it was in 2018? Not really.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

But then the solution is easy: Let survivors know what killer they go against, and let them lobby dodge.

Result: slightly longer queue times, but no more ruined matches. Also, since a lot of hard counters from killers are now removed (calm spirit and doctor might be left, and plague and/or no mither might be an issue), there is not too much to do with that information as survivor. Thus, parity would be restored.

btw, wouldn´t it be entitlement to demand that other players to remain in a match with you, no matter how boring, unfair or whatever you play?

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 984
    edited May 2023
    Options

That would put Stealth Killers in a weaker spot unless the devs buff them accordingly to compensate.

Let Killers see who’s in a swf as well and that’s fine.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,746
    Options

Knight literally isn't even that good of a 3 genning killer lol.

• burt0r
    Options

Oh boy, I see you people don't read a whole thread before commenting since i had this argument here already.

Survivor all look the same. They are placeholder and neither their perks, the quality of their item nor the size of their premade group (aka solo or 2/3/4 people swf) is really distinguishable outside of steam profiles.killee can't pick specific countermeasures against them except for antiheal, franklins or Lightborn.

Killer on the other hand have their individual powers, play styles and countermeasures, from the mentioned calm spirit/doctor, flashlight/hag, no heal/legion/plague to just picking map offerings against for example stealth killer with open maps or against ranged/rush killer with cluttered maps.

There is no reasonable comparison at all.

And I haven't even talked about the individual popularity of killers and the grave disparity in queue time increase killer player would get based on the character they want to play, NO MATTER THEIR ACTUAL PLAYSTYLE.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Oh absolutely. Which is a shame. I probably have the reputation of a "filthy killer main" when in reality i play more survivor than killer. But since i don´t agree on the killer bad theme, i´m obviously a killer main.

Our community is really polarized.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,218
    Options

It's not the Killer as to why the survivor should stay in the match; it's the other survivors. They get shafted by the survivor giving up and, as part of a team, being a good teammate means you don't just give up and sabotage your team. Being considerate entails, if other people are counting on you, you do your best to follow through. Not caring if your own team is wrecked by your actions is the entitled attitude.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,418
    Options

I'm confused - do you think I'm arguing in favour of survivors being able to see killers in lobby? Because I haven't said that once. Play the cards you're dealt, whether killer or survivor.

• NotAnotherDoctor
    NotAnotherDoctor Member Posts: 277
    Options

I had an enraged survivor come into my stream last night after having a bad game and demanded I "take 1/3 responsibility for their last 3 matches" being bad.

I'm still laughing at it. I just said alright well you're being a bit silly and entitled so I'm just gonna ban you.

I'm on Xbox, so after the ban they then started the Xbox messages.

You can't make this stuff up

• burt0r
    Options

Oh yeah, might've missread/-interpreted this part:

My point anyway was that if survivors had the option to killer dodge in lobby, they absolutely would. They don't have that option, so they do it in game

My bad. I set the "option to dodge" equal to "see the killer". And attributed your comment the same tone like the one from Sulaiman in the heat of the moment.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    edited June 2023
    Options

I feel like this entire post as turned into me endlessly repeating myself. So here I go again.

It is absolutely entitlement that drives players to giving up or DC'ing at the start of a match. It has nothing to do with matchmaking. Although I'd hesitate to call the system that DbD uses put players together "matchmaking". It's more like a slot machine with thousands of potential combinations where getting a balanced game is winning the jackpot.

People who've had a decent amount of time with DbD, like the Ada in my game, should know by now that they will face maps, or killers, or builds that they don't like. Keyword here is "like". It has little to do with balance contrary to the excuses that many will make. And whenever they have to deal with something they don't "like" they will throw a tantrum and make it everyone else's problem.

There's no excuse for this. I know full well that when I play solo que survivor I am probably going to have some really crap games. And when those games happen, guess what? I keep playing through them. I don't make things worse for everyone else simply because I'm not having fun. That's it. End of story. Stop trying to justify the normalization of selfish behaviour as the game's fault. It is 100% the player's fault for continuing to play a game that they don't enjoy, and ruining the experience of other players as a result.

And while you're at it, stop lying about MMR. "Decent MMR", or any type of MMR for that matter, does not exist. I've already made a post with a link to a video detailing how the MMR system really works. And I'm tired of people who keep saying that, "You wouldn't understand because you don't play at the same MMR as me".

EVERYONE PLAYS AT THE SAME MMR.

MMR has only 2 brackets: One for new players, and one for everyone else. There's no attempt to match people together who are similar MMR because the system prioritizes getting into matches quickly instead of creating fair matches.

• SirCracken
    Options

You clearly haven't gotten my point since one of the first things I said was, "I do not think people should be forced to keep playing a game they find unfun". Nor at any point in my post do I state, or imply, that I think people are selfish simply because they don't enjoy going against Knight.

My point was, in no uncertain terms: People who give up or DC at the start of games are entitled because they ruin the game for everyone. And this behaviour should not be accepted.

How many times do I have to recite the same point in this thread? It does not matter how you feel. When you boot up DbD you are doing so with the intention of playing with other people. And so a certain level of accountability should be expected from each player. Like not intentionally sabotaging the game for everyone else just because you don't like the killer you're versing.

If you think that's too much to ask then either you're extremely cynical, or are defending what you think is acceptable behaviour.

• Slurpin
    Slurpin Member Posts: 103
    Options

-I'm not policing anything. Nowhere did I tell anyone what to do. If anything I was making it clear NOBODY was policing anybody in this situation, which put to question why we're discussing entitlement to begin with. Already off to a good start with exaggerations and misconstruing what I said. And you're calling my argument abysmal? Like I even made a point to double down on the 'not telling you HOW or WHO to play' and you're still saying I'm policing things? This forum man. This should be enough to settle this, but I'll continue anyway.

-Yeah, no, just because I hate one aspect of a game with a hundred other aspects doesn't mean I should not play it. This is extremely unreasonable.

-People are, believe it or not, entitled to what they do with their time. That doesn't mean what they do is FINE. But to call it entitled in the negative sense, which is what I've been calling you out on because you're 100% misusing that term, is bonkers to me. If they want to be a ######### teammate, so be it, and I'm not actually condoning it but they are absolutely entitled to play how they want. They are NOT entitled to telling you what to do, and you are NOT entitled to having them play the way you want.

-I actually agree, it's unfun. I am NOT defending giving up and DC'ing, and I think the systems put in place help punish these. What I WILL argue against is saying people aren't entitled to do better things with their time. They are. It makes them terrible players and likely need a bigger ban, but they are NOT entitled for going next.

-Gaslighting? You're turning my argument into something it isn't. This is a strawman. Using the word 'gaslight' doesn't change that. And is also incorrect.

-My fun is more important. Doesn't mean I can't be conscious of others. It also doesn't make one entitled (in the negative sense) for wanting to go next. It makes them a whiny little b-. But the use of the term 'entitled' is not only wrong, in my opinion, but makes you appear entitled.

-Your choice of killer is yours, and I will never tell you what to play and how. I will say, however, that if your gameplay is notorious for making the other side have an abysmal time, it should be expected that unfun outcomes will sometimes befall you too. I mean it does on fun killers too, but it'll be more frequent on the former. I'm not saying it's right or good, what I am saying is it is somewhat entitled to expect everyone to just happily play along with your universally disliked gameplay. I'm discussing entitlement, not what's appropriate behaviour. I've always been in favour of bans for giving up, as it is in other games.

I said it in my last post and I'll say it again here: You're NOT entitled to people playing how you want. And it isn't entitled to go next. It's #########, however, yes.

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 294
    edited June 2023
    Options

Let's agree to disagree then.

You didn't address my question though. Imagine if when playing killer you were matched 75% of the time against SWFs switching items and skins at the last minute, with map offering, and got only 25% of other matches that are normal. Would you play every single match? Would you continue playing DBD eventually?

There is, absolutely, MMR in this game. It's extremely poorly implemented and you need to play an insane amount of matches to notice a difference, but eventually you will. If you have less than ~500 hours on survivor, there's a good chance that you are still low MMR, and that's why I'm asking you to confirm you have at least this amount of hours, otherwise, you can't relate with this Ada, because you are not playing against the same killers as her, at least not as frequently.

Post edited by Saiph on
  • Nebula
    Options

Call me cynical then because expecting accountability from video game players is rather optimistic.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I mean you can like game even some parts are not for you. Just because you disliked something, this does not mean you will stop play it anyway.

Maybe this Ada loves game but she just dislikes Knight. Just because she will get Knight for time to time, you are suggesting her to stop play? Not makes any sense.

• Nebula
    Options

Gaslighting and narcissism are two terms that people love to use without actually understanding what they mean.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

The thing you saying is not makes sense. We have +30 killers in game atm. And Knight is not popular killer. Just because you hate this unpopular killer, you won't uninstall the game. Because you love other stuffs.

And people know whenever they get killers they don't like or maps they don't like, they can easily give up. This is the same for any online game. You can give up in any online game and then you can go to next match for better exp. This is not bannable , so we can't do anything about it.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,208
    Options

This game needs higher start and scaling DC penalties. Or simply replace "search lobby" by "reconnect" whilst the trial is still running. We're gonna get bot additions, so their characters dont dissapear anymore, thus they could come back.

• LeFreezy
    LeFreezy Member Posts: 228
    Options

The thing is, behaviour like this isn't tolerated in any other video game's community. But when it comes to DBD, there are ppl that are trying to justify ragequitting/griefing even though it's unhealthy for the game and is def NOT ok.

• Cyber686
    Cyber686 Member Posts: 64
    Options

it seems you never played against him on rackoon city map in solo q. try it its so much fun(no)

• Slurpin
    Slurpin Member Posts: 103
    Options

Sorry I was being sarcastic on that first take. I should've put /s, my apologies.

• Benno101
    Benno101 Member Posts: 47
    Options

lmao they don't want to verse Knight get over it, move on. DBD is a party game not the Olympics.

• SirCracken
    Options

This is what I've been saying this entire thread.

How do I like a comment twice?

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 484
    Options

Two thing when I play survivor

1. Don't care if i'm gonna loose or not, even when I'm the last survivor standing and the trap is close.. I'm gonna play at the very end for trying to survive the longer I can
    2. . The Only problem with Knight, is that a lot of other player play him for camping the three gen at the beginning... And, Honestly... When I'm against one who try to chase everyone... The chase is ######### cool, I love to try to avoid "two" killer at the same times

You can't be mad against this kind of survivor... We can understand that... When you go against a lot of Knight/skull who only make the three gen strat at the beginning of the game... You don't want to play against him, and you don't want to see if the killer (in this case, you) are going to play like that or not

Recently, the match is a lot like 3V1 because one of the survivor just give up instantly... It's sad.. Insulting is not a solution... But... We can't do nothing at this moment since Knight (and skull merchant) have this kind of notoriety

• SirCracken
    Options

This is one of the more reasonable arguments and was a breath of fresh air to read when coming back to this thread. I'll go over what I do and do not agree with.

"1. Don't care if i'm gonna loose or not, even when I'm the last survivor standing and the trap is close.. I'm gonna play at the very end for trying to survive the longer I can"

That sentence alone has earned you my respect.

"2. The Only problem with Knight, is that a lot of other player play him for camping the three gen at the beginning... And, Honestly... When I'm against one who try to chase everyone... The chase is ######### cool, I love to try to avoid "two" killer at the same times"

I won't deny this. Facing a Knight when I'm playing survivor is rare. Facing a Knight that knows how to pressure survivors without camping gens is rarer.

"You can't be mad against this kind of survivor... We can understand that... When you go against a lot of Knight/skull who only make the three gen strat at the beginning of the game... You don't want to play against him, and you don't want to see if the killer (in this case, you) are going to play like that or not"

It's not the Ada that I'm mad at. It's the entitled behaviour that players like her have. It's a tumour on the already sickly body of the DbD community. And it's only grown bigger in recent years.

It's be great if the game was better balanced and didn't allow killers to win games by camping gens. But it unfortunately isn't. And people who throw games because they don't want to deal with that only serve to make the game worse for everyone. As my game showed, even though I had no intention of camping gens and always play as aggressive as possible since that's when Knight is at his strongest, the Ada gave up anyway.

There's no clear solution to any of the problems that DbD suffers from since the devs have proven time and time again that they don't understand their own game. But that doesn't mean that accepting selfish behaviour is a good for the community. It should be rightly scorned and discouraged as it is with almost everyone other online video game playerbase.

• Pulsar
    Options

I see people quit out of CoD games, OW QP games and Battlefield games all the time without any sort of punishment.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,386
    Options

Your entire second paragraph is not true at all. Most competitive games do penalize, suspend and outright ban you for that behavior.

• Sava18
    Options

It really doesn't mater in CoD because of the immense potential one individual holds, you leave my lobby and your probably helping me(same for battlefield to an extent). OW both QP and Comp suspend you pretty fast for repeated offences though.

• Pulsar
    Options

Pretty sure QP doesn't.

Apex doesn't. Fornite doesn't.

Non-competitive games almost NEVER ban for leaving a lobby.

• Sava18
    Options

There is def some penalty to ow qp and ranked does in apex for sure.

More than anything, a person leaving in dbd is far more detrimental than any of those other games.

I have won quite a few apex games with a rando that left and every once in a while in ow

• Pulsar
    Options

Where is the competitive mode in DBD.

Can't say I've seen it.

• Sava18
    Options

Doesn't matter, the affect on the game is far worse.

Although it's probably something we will never agree on as even though I started with cod and halo I moved to league for nearly a decade before I touched dbd whereas I am pretty sure you got into dbd at a far younger age than I did. I consider this game a competitive pvp game regardless of the busted matchmaking and the potential for 4 solos to run into a c33/adren vial blight. This game is not a goof around haha funny party game as many make it out to be. You are trying to win vs other players and the low penalty for dc's combined with ability to leave for free a min into the game makes too many games worthless.

It straight up depresses me when I play killer when a survivor dc's and frustrates me to no end when I am playing survivor. Craziest part is that it happens most to me when I play survivor against a killer not tunneling and not playing some op killer. It's probably because I only play killer after 12AM so survivors are generally far better.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,610
    Options

Overwatch has backfill.

Imagine if leaving an Overwatch QP game caused your team to never get another teammate simply because your teammate didn’t want to play against a Hanzo. It would be miserable, just like DBD or comp Overwatch is.

And even so, if you spend any time in the Overwatch community you can see just how much people hate the amount of leavers in that game. I wish there were harsher dc penalties in QP because I’m sick of someone leaving every game in QP. And I’m tired of having to backfill every second game.

As for CoD and Battlefield I’ve never really played so I can’t really speak for them, but from what I can tell those games aren’t really as team reliant as DBD so a leaver is not as impactful so the penalty doesn’t need to be that harsh.

This discussion has been closed.