Player Entitlement in this community is Unbelievable

Options
1235»

Comments

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,675
    edited June 2023
    Options

Safe to assume you've no substantial rebuttle to my earlier comment then? Okay.

Let me just provide the nth argument to this discussion real quick, so you can totally ignore all the other valid points brought forth, and take another shot at invalidating an attempt to help you understand a point of view you seem willfully ignorant towards.

The longer BHVR leaves core issues in the game, the more likely the following two actions are to take place:

1) Players leave DBD for other things.

2) Players continue to rage quit in protest of features they disagree with/do not enjoy.

If the former occurs, well what do you know, the game dies. If the latter occurs, it results in an increase of player frustration AND eventually those players leave.

Right, so tell me again how the game ISN'T dying if these issues continue to go unchecked?

Players leaving the game does LESS for game health than players rage quitting. Why? Because ragequitters tell the developers WHERE the problem is. When people leave, the developers have no data to indicate why people are not enjoying their game. At least rage quitters are pointing BHVR straight towards the problem.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,812
    Options

The game isn't dying, because the daily active playerbase is stable. If the game was truly dying, the player base would be falling but it is not.

People who throw a fit because things don't go the way they want in a pvp game, simply need to find a different game. Ruining matches for people who actually want to play isn't the statement you think it is.

• KayTwoAyy
    Options

Ruining matches for people who actually want to play isn't the statement you think it is.

And yet the problem will continue to persist until the reasons these players are rage quitting is addressed. At which point, that must mean that rage quitters ARE making a statement, no? Or do we just continue to ignore them until the game dies because no one enjoys playing a game where someone quits every match?

Are we supposed to just close our eyes and wish the rage quitters away? Is that your proposal?

The game isn't dying, because the daily active playerbase is stable.

This is DBD from May 2016 to June 2021 (Upward Trend)

This is DBD from June 2021 to Present (Downward Trend)

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,812
    edited June 2023
    Options

June 2021 was Nemesis release, a massive ip released at the start of summer. If course dbd looks bad when you remove context and compare it to the absolute peak.

However If you look at April/May 2022 and April/May 2023 you see the player base is around the same amount. The game is doing just fine.

There's nothing that needs to be addressed for rage quitters. They're only going to find new reasons to be babies. They just need grow up and accept that not every pvp game will go their way out find single player games to enjoy instead.

Anyways I'm done humoring you. I got far better things to do than to engage someone who wants to defend baby behavior.

• KayTwoAyy
    Options

If we look at May 2022 - May 2023 we still see a downward trend. I don’t know why you’re trying to pretend it’s not there when the image is in front of us.

You’re totally clueless, though. You’ve zero plan for reducing the amount of rage quitters in game, and you think I’m the one defending “baby behavior.”

I’m the only one in this conversation with a sensible way forward.

Your solution is to do nothing.

Actually hilarious.

Hold on, I found your picture online:

This is too good mate. Oh my, you really have humored me this time.

Rage quitting is at an all-time high, and your plan is to do nothing. That is pure gold.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, yeah?

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,386
    Options

You two are both discounting the other side.

DC's/suicide/afk's are never acceptable, that doesn't mean under lying issues with the game are not present.

League is probably one of the most consistently hated games by it's own playerbase but continues to be the biggest multiplayer game in the world for a reason. It receives constant change regardless of it's frustrating issues.

On the other hand dbd receives lackluster updates that happen infrequently. No real base game changes have happened to shake up the gameplay either.

BUT league does not allow these disgusting behaviors that dbd allows. Saying players giving up before a hook even happens is a symptom is far too generous. The dbd playerbase is simply not built to play in a real competitive way and is far too bias to see what needs to happen to their own role.

Just because major issues exist does not give players an excuse to ruin other peoples matches.

Both issues are equally killing the game regardless of what either of you think. 1 person DC's and a player decides their done for the night even though that person that DC'd was done playing before they even took a hit. Tunneling and all of these new anti gameplay killers are also contributing to people losing interest.

I personally believe that survivors dc far more often because they have lost a bit of an easy access power level that they can't obtain without some sort of skill anymore, although killers can be quite skilless in their objective and come out with a tie. Just because I have that opinion doesn't mean I don't think tunneling shouldn't be addressed. Although I am quite certain that slugging and 3-gens are fine outside of skull merchant and maybe knight.

Above all saying the Ada is in the right is just wrong in any regard. Ada's making a far greater impact by making the random people she happens to be on a team with want to play less than bhvr picking up just one more dc.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,273
    Options

I'm closing this here, I think the thread has completed its course and many people started justifying unsportsmanlike conducts.

This discussion has been closed.