Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

any tips on playing blight on console? also any recomendations on good builds to use?

Options

i want to start playing blight but have no idea where to start

Answers

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

When I started I watched some Blight tutorials on YouTube. I would've then practiced how his rushes work a bit in a custom game if bots were there at the time I played him (just use two bots and give them no mither, you can slug them and make sure they don't die from it so you can spend as much time as possible). Once you get a feel for how his power works, then I would watch a video of a Blight main normally playing him, not a tutorial, and practice further in a custom game, this time versing four bots with strong perks. Learning which surface is slippery is really essential so you dont get caught off-guard and it also enables you to do the hug tech which I recommend you learn. The hug tech is really important for looping shack which is usually slippery on each side. As for the perk loadout I'm not really sure because I had like zero choices that suited him but I'm sure copying a Blight mains one would work well.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,136
    Options

it also enables you to do the hug tech which I recommend you learn

i thought Hug tech required M&K input?

also, Blight is more limited on controller in general, not all the flicks you see PC players pull off can be done on controller, though in my experience, you can still perform rather well as Blight on controller.

also, keep in mind, Hug tech is confirmed to be unintentional and might get patched out at some point in the future (though it does feel unlikely they will revise it..)

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Wesker hug techs are somehow possible on controller and Blight hug techs are way easier to do in general. They aren't getting patched - these mechanics have existed for a long time and no one really has a problem with them because it's hard to master - usually you just mindgame yourself doing them.

If you don't learn how to hug tech shack then it's safe to say good survivors can easily take shack to their advantage due to how predictable M1 killers are. If you use the ability inside shack to either force a vault or pallet drop survivors can easily jump into lockers to avoid getting injured.