The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Controversial Suggestion: Hold SHIFT to Refuse Rescue

lagosta
lagosta Member Posts: 1,871
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, in far too many situations I see myself being first hooked in a 2v1 scenario with 3+ gens to complete. Under such circumstances and if I judge fit, killing myself on the hook is the best way to provide my teammate a chance of escaping. But as I play mostly SQ, more frequently than not, the teammate will perform a rescue against my wishes as I need to fail 2 skill checks in the second hook stage.

Before the Skill Check changes to the second hook, one could instantly stop mashing the buttons and die instantly, but that is not the case while using Skill Checks.

I think it would be nice to be given the option of refusing help by holding SHIFT, just as a slug can refuse to get picked up from the ground.

Post edited by JocelynAwakens on

Comments

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,225

I would want this moreso to deny griefing teammates from unhooking to farm in the Killer's face. Most often seen with 61s rescues after being camped, or the greedy 2s rescue hoping the Killer has no object permanence and forgot they hooked someone seconds ago.

• E2B2
    E2B2 Member Posts: 2

It'd have to be clear that you're holding shift from a distance, and honestly I think it's fair if someone decides your life is more worth than you do. I often like to save people in my own sacrifice and I feel like this could cause both to die.