Singularity Suggestions

Options

@BHVR

Here are my thoughts on the new killer and what tweaks I think could happen to make him a very good addition to the game.

So far his design I think is pretty solid, he has a cool power which incentives a slight side objective whilst also forcing chases rather than holding forward etc.

However, here are the things which I think should be changed:

1. EMPS: Right now I think EMPs are still a bit too oppressive and good teams can very often assist each other and it creates a situation where in the mid to end game (mainly endgame) you just do not have a power. I am not sure exactly what could be tweaked since reducing the supply cases a bit more would just make it so in big maps it could be hard to acquire an EMP. As a result it might just be as simple as making them take longer to generate so there is more of a cost to getting them or making so that the more EMPs are taken the longer they take to generate up to a cap so survivors have to be smarter about when they use them.
  2. Bipods: I think these only need a slight tweak. Make it so that each pod has its own cooldown for firing trackers/teleporting rather than it being shared. This can act as a reward for killers who are being smart about their pod setups or who are being vigilant about which one they are switching to.
  3. My final suggestion is just simply cutting the extremely sluggish movement when you enter a camera near a hook. I get this is an anti camping thing a bit like how bipods have an extremely long windup when firing at unhooked survivors (which I think is fine) but this sluggish movement mechanic I think is unnecessary. The reason why is if you are near a hook firing trackers you are not really camping effectively since a tracker is not exactly pressure by itself. In fact, the killer should be encouraged to look at cameras when they are near a hook since this means they will be teleporting away which acts as its own anti camping mechanic. So with that in mind I think the sluggish movement punishment should just be removed entirely as it is just simply annoying and it means I have to just walk a few metres away from a hook before checking a pod and its not actually punishing me for camping but it is doing the opposite. Every single time I have checked pods at a hook, its because I want to teleport away to split pressure and I think this should not be punished.

So overall again good design but I just think these changes could make the killer much more streamlined (the most important one being the EMP tweaks).