Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Masquerade Event Mechanic Question

Options

Will Killers be able to perform a “Breakable Wall” Break Action on the blocked Vaults to remove the entity block?

Or will certain Vaults just be a “screw you”, like the chute vault on The Game?

Answers

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

If I’m understanding you correctly I think they wouldn’t be able to… otherwise it defeats the purpose, no?

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well, it depends on the purpose.

If the purpose is to allow the Survivor to fundamentally change the layout of a Loop by replacing a Vault with an immutable blockade that the Killer cannot interact with, then yes, it defeats the purpose.

However, if the purpose was to allow the Survivor to "reinforce" Vaults by "adding a pallet" that the Killer can choose demolish, then it meets the purpose.

I only say this as if Survivors get a fundamental loop altering ability, and Killers just get the ability to make the first hit easier in a loop by breaking pallets.... Well.... It's kinda underwhelming from a Killer perspective. Breaking a Pallet isn't that impressive if you're not an Insta-down Killer. Edit: (assuming the breaking of pallets can be performed while charging any insta-down related Power)

If, however, breaking a Pallet with the event Power exposes all Survivors for a duration (or until a down), that, would be satisfactory, imo. Pallets now becoming a sort of "bomb" depending on how the Anniversary event power for Killer is recharged.

Post edited by AssortedSorting on
  • DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

I see your point and I respect it. I think, given that the block will only last a short amount of time, that it’s fair. Survivors won’t be able to use that same vault to their advantage that way. On the other side, however, having a pallet break without needing to waste time is also a great advantage. One of the best things killers can do is bait survivors into creating dead zones and destroying pallets without stopping is beneficial to there. On the other hand, after reassessing your original comment I don’t see why they couldn’t add a feature where killers could break the vault block… it’ll probably be only slightly faster than waiting for it to go away or going around… in my experience as survivor most killers don’t vault anyway unless they have to.