Suggestion to balance Windows of oportunities

Options

First of all, I think most of us agree this perk is unbalanced and it is affecting negatively the game. My intention is not destroy the perk, but limit its use. My suggestion:

Begin the match with 4 tokens.

Each time you start a chase, windows of opportunities allows you to see all windows and pallets 24 meters from you during 16/20/24 seconds, and one token is consumed.

What do you think?

Comments

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

I think it's a really annoying perk, and you can almost always tell when someone is running it...idk that it needs to be fixed or altered though. Pallets eventually run out...though God loop window tiles, still exist..I guess you gotta just know when to drop chase or mind game.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 850
    Options

The perk has had its current effect for nearly 2 years and now it needs nerfing? We gotta stop this trend of nerfing perks because people like using it.

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 81
    Options

It's the most used perk on this game, this means a lot... It's a surprise there are people who thinks it's fine, but with that rate of use I should've expect it.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 726
    Options

I think WoO is fine, despite how very useful and powerful the information is, and how new user friendly it can be. If anything, it is a perk that highlights the inconsistent and imbalance of maps, and how easy it is to pair loops and plan cleaner and more amazing chase escape plans more consistently.

Map Balancing needs to be a priority first if you want indirectly Nerf WoO just enough.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    edited June 2023
    Options

That doesn't mean anything. You don't Just randomly nerf stuff because people like it. That's poor game balance. You have to look at the context to determine whether or not something needs to be changed.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Uhh no, I don’t think most people would agree with you. WOO doesn’t magically make survivors good.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 671
    Options

The perk is completely fine as it is, it's usually used by solo q players so they know what their team mates have used. It does not give the survivors any benefit over the killer knowledge wise. Complaining about WOO would be like complaining about ZT for killers, it's just unserious. The reason killers don't run ZT is because they don't need that info, solo survivors do.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited June 2023
    Options

It means the map is laughably broken and people want to get the value from it.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

noOooo bOnD is OP bEcAusE iT aLlowS fRee iNfiNite hEaLs bY shOwiNg wHeRe yOuR tEaM iS

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

I don't agree

Watch this video to know why

https://youtu.be/VFLWbGsji-E

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    Options

WoO isn't what is unbalanced.

Maps are the problem.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

Excuse me, how am I going to answer you? The perk makes the game and all the location of the pallets easier for you, when I am a more experienced player, a 7-year-old player, I have learned all the maps and I play solo, when I play with randoms there are times when I have I have to go to the hook because I can't find pallets due to my teammates, and in these cases I prefer not to put on the perk and go to the hook to give the killer some advantage.

The perk right now gives bad players a lot of advantage and makes chases more durable, I don't see it as fair for many killers.

• kit_mason
    kit_mason Member Posts: 255
    edited June 2023
    Options

Windows is the most used perk in the game because it's in a good spot and provides useful effects at every level of play. If you're new, knowing just to run towards the yellow can help you last a few seconds longer in chase, and if you're not new, knowing where pallets have been dropped allows you to play around that information - info that you would have were you in a 4 man SWF, same as perks like Kindred, Bond, or the secondary effect of Circle of Healing.

Fundamentally, it's fine. It doesn't turn a 1hour survivor into a 10,000 hour looper, it just turns them into a 1 hour survivor that isn't necessarily running at a dead zone. And ultimately, I don't see a reason to touch it beyond "a lot of players use it", which is far from a good reason to nerf an aspect of the game.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited June 2023
    Options

Most killers never cares about bad players, they won't lose against it, it will be a problem if this makes good players even gooder, but as long as it only helps bad players, it doesn't matter.

Same goes for dejavu, it doesn't really help that much for no life SWFs, so this is fine even though it tremendously helps weaker side of solo q.

• Zozet
    Zozet Member Posts: 38
    Options

"First of all, I think most of us agree this perk is unbalanced and it is affecting negatively the game."

Lmfao are people actually saying Windows is op???? It's literally a waste of a perk slot I don't get it like as killer I WANT people to use it, literally all it does is make survivors not run into dead zones which is healthy like this perk is NOT broken lmao

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 312
    Options

Nobody says that WoO is OP, only you

The perk is ok, is not op, stop asking for nerf just because you don't like it

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,376
    Options

The perk isn't the problem it's the maps.

It's not that WoO led you to 6 connected tiles/pallets, it's that the map spawned that in to begin with.

You could do this without WoO, it just makes it easier. Especially for your average player who doesn't plan routes ahead of time.

• mca240
    mca240 Member Posts: 456
    Options

The perk is fine as is. It helps both new and solo players. All it does is show fault locations.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,382
    Options

This perk should be nerfed because maps currently are a problem. The idea of “BHVR could just fix all the maps” is unrealistic, and this perk should be nerfed now.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 920
    Options

Jolt is the most used killer perk rn, by your logic, it needs to get nerfed too right?

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

But it makes bad survivors less bad and good survivors insane.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

This means that you don't want to get better at a game and only target the bad survivors and want them to stay bad so you can win.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,128
    Options

"most of us agree" - I don't think a lot of people are agreeing to that tho.

It's oversued, sure. But it has little competition and provides a mix of utility and QoL that is in no way busted. It's vital QoL if not playing as a full swf cause it warns you of deadzones that have been created during previous chases. It's QoL for newbs cause they don't know window/pallet spawns. It's QoL for people in swf and with experience cause they don't have to 100% focus on every aspect of the game and can just chat with their friends while playing without being screwed the second the killer shows up. - It's utility because it gives you valuable infor on where you should or shouldn't go - provided you can make use of that info.

If there's an issue with WoO it's not an issue with WoO but with map design. Near infinites / extraordinary strong tiles/loops won't go away with WoO nerfed, it's just that the gap between experienced and inexperienced players as well as swf and solo/duos will widen even more.

---- Personally I run it in SoloQ to know if and if so where the others have created deadzones and I run it in swf so that I can have a chat with friends while playing.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Part of me kinda wonders if it should just go back to its old version where it goes on cooldown after vaulting.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options