Myers buffs

Hey y'all! Myers needing changes is nothing new whatsoever. However, I don't think that his power of stalking survivors should be changed because it's super unique and is very accurate to the Halloween movies. These changes I suggest will make him stronger but not overpowered, while also keeping him similar to the way he's portrayed in the Halloween movies. Here are the suggested changes:

Base and addon changes:

•When a survivor becomes fully stalked, their movement speed is reduced from 4.0 m/s (100%) to 3.6 m/s (90%) for 5 seconds.

•Addon changes to the following: Fragrant Tuft of Hair, Judith's Tombstone, Tombstone Piece, and Scratched Mirror. These changes will make alittle more sense after you read the Evil Within Tier changes.

Evil Within Tier Changes:

Tier 1: Movement speed increased from 4.2 m/s (105%) to 4.3 m/s (107.5%). Lunge will be implemented, but only at 20% of the normal lunge range.

Tier 2: Terror radius decreased from 16 m to 12 m. Increases kicking speed by 5%. Increases pickup speed by 5%. Decreases basic attack miss cooldown by 10%. NEW EFFECT: Decreases time to put a survivor on a hook by 10%. Increases movement speed while stalking by 15%.

Tier 3: Increases kicking speed by 5% (10% total). Increases pickup speed by 5% (10% total). Decreases basic attack miss cooldown by 10% (20% total). Pallet stun duration decreased by 20%. Decreases time to put a survivor on a hook by 10% (20% total). During tier 3, survivors who have been fully stalked will have their auras revealed for 4 seconds at a time, every 20 seconds to the killer when outside of a 40 meter range from the killer.

These changes will hopefully make Myers stronger and feel more fast paced and feel better to play, while not making him overpowered and keeping him movie-accurate. Let me know what you think about these changes, and if you would change anything!

Comments

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258
    edited June 2023

Here we go again. Meyers does need buffs. He is weak. But he can't get them, because he already has addons that make him OP. As devs are unwilling (or unable? License stuff) to change his tombstones - it means meyers just can't get any buff. He's already OP when he takes those - especially tombstone piece (and underwhelming when he does not)

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,056
    edited June 2023

In agreement with his power suiting the character very well, and don't really want it to change.

It seems you want to get more from Myers tier 3 where you buff a lot of numbers for a large number of actions. While I get the sentiment, Myers largely plays with the idea of 99ing in tier 2 and downing wounded survivors normally, and then popping tier 3 at the right moment to drop full health targets immediately. A lot of your changes propose going straight to tier 3 and going hard chase once there (a bit like a stealthy Oni).

The fully stalked idea I don't think will work, it sounds more like Ghost Face stalk than Myers stalk. In my experience it takes an absolute age to fully stalk a survivor, and even if you do, you are rarely gonna have it where the Hindered effect will actually proc at the same time as you want your evil within... and ofc you only get it once per survivor.

==========================

I'd be more in favour of improving his Stalk ability to be more in my control and using it to benefit me outside of active stalk. Instead of forcing Myers to barely move when active stalking, and having addons that slightly speeds him up, I'd prefer to have more autonomy to move about but be rewarded for standing still myself instead of being forced to by the game.

So, starting to stalk reduces movement speed to Passive stalk speed (2.76m/s) as it does currently but also reduces my terror radius by 50%. This movement speed doesn't change when I see a survivor and begin active stalking, instead it charges at a maximum of 60% stalk rate, with the distance scaling drop off as is.

If however I stand still, I build stalk at the usual 100% rate of stalk at close range down to a maximum distance drop off of 40%. This would mean my build up of stalk while stood still is faster, even at longer ranges, at the cost of the fact I'm stood still.

I'd also make the Tomestone kills at Evil Within 3 trigger only after at least 4 survivor hooks (maybe 1 of each survivor, as of Myers is denying the entity), and also make it so you can trigger it against survivors on the floor... this would hopefully make the achievement less cerebral, and less crap to play as and against.

• yeeeitsdustin
    yeeeitsdustin Member Posts: 36

If you read the first part of the changes, I mentioned that those addons need to be changed. Whether they're able to be changed or not, this is all just a theoretical suggestion. Just pretend those addons went away, then imagine these buffs for him

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

provided those addons do not exist, I like your suggestion. It would be just the right buff for the killer. Nothing crazy, but still quite noticable