Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - Game is unstable

Trivaxy
Trivaxy Member Posts: 1
edited June 2023 in Bug Reporting

Platform: PC

Description:

I used to play on average with 80-90 ping while connecting from the ME to EU servers. However, 2-3 weeks ago, my ping suddenly jumped up to a minimum of 130+ every match, and it has been that way since. I tried connecting to a US server, and my ping was around 160, which is consistent with what I used to get previously, so the problem only manifests when I connect to EU servers.

I asked around and other players are also experiencing a higher than average ping. Only a few have had it since as early as a few weeks ago, but after the anniversary update, a lot of players have also started experiencing high ping. It seems to be affecting EU and US regions, but it seems to be especially bad in the EU region.

It is not a problem with our internet connections: we have tested and verified, and it is on your end. I even tested by inspecting packet addresses mid-match and I saw that I was getting connected to servers in Ireland and getting high ping, but when pinging Ireland outside dbd, I get the expected 80-90 ping. I tested with different wifi adapters and the issue remains.

The other problem is that the game has also become a lot more prone to crashing and becoming completely unresponsive while playing after the anniversary event started. Many of us have been experiencing random frame drops, games freezing or just outright crashing.

Steps to reproduce:

Difficult to reproduce. However, I can almost reliably get the game to crash just by alt-tabbing out of the game and back into it while in a loading screen.

High ping just happens on its own. In my case, when I connect to EU servers.

How often does this occur:

Ping issues started 2-3 weeks ago for me and have been constant ever since. A lot of players are starting to experience high ping as well after the anniversary event started.

The unresponsiveness and freezing are also constant after the anniversary update - it's become difficult to play for 30 minutes without the game freezing and needing a restart.

I am posting this bug report right after my game froze after I loaded into a match as The Singularity.

(If I recall, the map was Yamaoka Estate, and I was running STBFL, Hex: Plaything, Nurse's Calling, Superior Anatomy)

Here's the log:

Post edited by Trivaxy on
1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Yoli1422
    Yoli1422 Member Posts: 9

I am also having this problem, before I played with a ping of 50-60 and now I am having games of 300-400. It is not in all games, but in many of them