Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Distortion losing tokens when no auras are in play & still activating/charging on hook

Sm00th
Sm00th Member Posts: 19

This has been a recurring issue lately. I play on PC.

Mid-chase distortion will activate and lose a token, but the killer will have no aura perks or add-ons.

When aura perks are in play, distortion will still lose a token when they are activated even if I'm on hook, and will recharge while the killer is near the hook. This one has been inconsistent though!

Clip of token lost in chase:

And image of the perks the killer had in play this game:

Not the worst, but kind of a weird one!

3 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,740

I noticed this too last night, I lost a token in chase but the killer had no aura reading at all. I might be wrong but I have a feeling it may be getting triggered by the blue glow that appears on a survivor when the killer gains Bloodlust (for the event Exposed ability). At least, the timing seemed to match up with that when it happened to me. Not sure though.

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 432
    edited July 2023

I've noticed this too! Just now I had a match against a Freddy and I lost a token in chase, the killer had two brown add-ons and no aura reading (Jolt, Save the Best, Tinkerer, Discordance).

Distortion recharging on hook is kinda funny because it still works even when you can't hear the killer's terror radius in Stage 2. The game considers you to still be in the TR so it recharges the perk, giving you crucial information on the killer's location if you're on comms (it means you know 100% they're camping).

Post edited by MarbleThrone on
  • prettypinkpansy
    prettypinkpansy Member Posts: 12

Have been noticing this as well to the point that I thought it might be a hack. Killer had no perks or addons that would've procced it and yet someone I spectated was losing tokens.