Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do "iridescent crystal shard" and "Hologram generator" addons exist?

False_Hydra
False_Hydra Member Posts: 47
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi, p55 singularity main here.

Anybody has a clue what purpose is "Iridescent Crystal shard" and "Hologram generator" are supposed to have? As far as I can see, they are worthless.

Iridescent crystal shard gives information in very short area around your camera when you place it, however that information is completely worthless to you since when you're placing a camera, you either already know survivor is there as you're placing the camera to instantly tag them or you're going to spot them either when you're adjusting the angle.

The very niche use of accidentally revealing hiding survivors while you're placing cameras doesn't sound like an ultra-rare addon to me. However, seeing BHVR foolishly move Soma's photo to very rare tier and switch it with Requisition form, I'm not very surprised. BHVR seem to completely lack understanding how much more powerful Soma's photo is compared to Requisition form, especially after their foolish buff.

As for Hologram Generator, I'm just sad it's a waste of addon slot. There is much more fun and useful addon in the same tier (Hyperawareness spray) that applies identical effect without making you to teleport to the survivor (and already announce your presence) so that you may come close enough to them to attack. Not to mention that you won't catch anybody off guard too much because of how much noise you make with your steps.

If devs are trying to tell me I should be playing hit&run with this addon, then I can already play hit&run perfectly without it, survivors hearing my TR really doesn't affect much and this addon being that boring oblivious upon teleport is just lame. Just like Nanomachine gel, this addon seems to be trying to support playstyle that Singularity does just fine without it and it becomes a useless effect.

Lame addons, please redo them.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments