The Dredge deserve-it a buff ?

Options
Jean_Cobra
Jean_Cobra Member Posts: 48
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Yo, thread to find out if you think the dredge deserves a soft-buff or not. Playing it quite often, I find that it is soft and not very aggressive. I think he deserves a buff.

• I take for example his tp out of the Nightfall, excessively slow compared to the Nightfall. I think it would be ideal for him to have a slight increase in his speed. Even if it means putting the boat keys in the basekit
  • Getting out of a locker, open or not, is somewhat punitive for him. Upon exiting, he has a 0.5/0.75 second stun, enough time for Survivors to get a lot ahead of him, especially outside of pursuit. I think he should, outside of chases, get a slight speed boost when coming out of an airlock whether closed or not, like Sadako when coming out of a TV. In hunting, no boost.
  • The other possibility would be to remove Haddie's calendar and make it a basic kit. Instead of giving a second to get out of a locked locker, it was activating the speed boost during a chase.

Note: The speed boost would be a percentage between 2-5% for 3 sec.

And the most important: Review the location of the lockers.

• I won't look any further, other dredge players know it: There are a lot of maps with a big concern about the spot of randomly generated lockers. For example the Deep Forest (the one that was redesigned in the previous chapter, now having a main in the middle), only two lockers are present under the main, and not upstairs. Two junglegym south west and north east either don't have one at all, or just one. Far too many people find themselves in safe zones where Dredging has no possibility of going there to try to exert pressure. Combined with knowing that the killer only has 4.6 m/s against players who very generally use Made for it, you can't imagine the misfortune certain games can cause.
  • I could talk about some add-ons, like the instinct of the killer in basekit when returning to his vestige out of nightfall (Hood of faithful), The wooden plank which increases the gauge of nightfall during a hook by 25% or the Caffeine tablets to see lockers locked in yellow, but that's for another topic that encompasses a lot of killers in general

Currently it is decent, but it depends heavily on the generated map, lockers, and a lot of chances against experienced players. He's a killer who has a lot of potential in terms of mobility and generally chase.

Thank you for your answers ! 😀

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,682
    Options

Haddie’s Calendar base kit would be good enough for me honestly. Constantly TPing to locked lockers is the most annoying part about him.

Maybe a bit faster outside of Nightfall as well, but I would be happy with just base kit Haddie’s Calendar.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,322
    Options

Yeah I think he needs Boat Key and Haddies to be base kit as they’re basically required addons. Sucks since Dredge actually has quite a few other interesting addons that you just never get the chance to use. Teleport and exit locker speed outside of nightfall is just basekit too slow to be viable mid chase which is the only thing that makes him fun.

The whole forcing him to use the locked locker if two are connected thing is also just silly and should’ve been fixed ages ago.

Realistically the time it takes survivors to lock lockers should be way longer as well but I’m not gonna get greedy here as the Boat Key and Haddies base kit kit are the real required ones we need.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Yeah Calendar feels required if you don't want playing Dredge to be a frustrating experience, I hate when behavior makes add-ons that you pretty much have to fun if you want the killer to feel smooth. It's been a problem since Rat Liver Demo and it's only continued since then although knowing behavior it just means they'll nerf calendar and buff war helmet by 0.5 seconds.

Outside of it taking too long to come out of locked lockers I think Dredge is okay, they'll never be top tier but that's okay as long as they're fun to play and they mostly are. Maybe don't force Dredge to TP to the locked locker in a cluster and let them be more precise is the only other change I'd do. It would make the caffeine tablets a really good add-on.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,014
    Options

i don't really see point of boat key and haddies. if a survivor is near you and you open locked locker, you are not going hit them. The teleport is slow without boat key but I do not see how you use boat key outside of nightfall in a chase. it just seems pointless. I only see his teleport outside nightfall as point A to point B tool.

I think he could use few buffs. first one is making him dark in nightfall and not light up like a Christmas tree. I would also remove his lullaby in nightfall so he can properly stealth. The last thing I would change is make exiting lockers faster. I find it that even when you try to use his locker teleport to cut survivors off in nightfall, it still feels like exit lockers as him takes too long.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,571
    Options

Imo half of Haddie’s Calendar should be basekit and the addon nerfed to 0.5s, so it would be 2.5s at base to exit a locked locker. I run Calendar pretty much every game because it just feels way too long to exit a locked locker without it. Dredge’s audio level from the survivor POV and the max distance survivors see him during Nightfall should be reduced by about 10%. Some maps also need some more lockers.

The base teleport speed is fine as is.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,322
    edited July 2023
    Options

You end up still hitting a lot of unlocked lockers to make it worth running them. You also burn through their locks quite fast with that much more aggressive teleport playstyle.

You have to time your teleport cut off only when you break line of sight with the survivor as it shortens their reaction time a lot. It’s near useless to do if they can see you do it.

I agree with most your proposed buffs as well though.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,014
    Options

fair enough. I just find those add-on placebo. Its kinda brutal strength on an m1 killer. looks nice but does too little. I don't really play much dredge so I wanted to understand the point of view. I find him boring to play against as survivor because most dredge players just zone me into corner of the map and use remnant. they're almost as boring as Artist players that do same thing but Artist player are even worse because they also face camp hooks with dead man switch as if all of them have bubba-facecamping DNA.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 999
    Options

Dredge does need quite bit of buffs and maybe more lockers on certain maps when he is picked......some maps have few lockers.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

As a Dredge Main this are some Things i would love to see

- Haddies Calendar Basekit

- little Speed Boost after u came out of a Locker ( like Sadakos teleport

- more Locker Spawns on the Map when u Play Dredge there should be lockers on every Generator on some Maps u dont have any lockers on like 3 Generators so u cant really use ur Power

- during Nightfall Dredge Turns invisible for like 1 second kinda like a demanifested Sadako or Spirit

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 529
    Options

Isn't he the strongest m1 killer out there? It really feels so.

I don't think he needs a buff. I'd like an extra locker or two on Skull Merchant's map - the rest feels fine. Not every map should have Midwitch level locker coverage.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,953
    Options

I wouldn't say no to some slight Dredge buffs, but I'm pretty used to running these add ons anyway, so I wouldn't say it feels to me that these need to be basekit.

The only thing I'd want is better/more locker placement in certain maps.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 888
    Options

The best Dredge could have is better map design by spreading some lockers around the map.

Not only dredge, Huntress, Trickster and survivors with locker perks.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

calendar base-kit would be sooo nice

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

Well. He could use some buff, but he does not REALLY need it. He's quite basic, so he can't be buffed to nurse level.

Also - TP during chase actually works - you just can't do it in plain sight (and locker must be NOT locked). Maybe split haddie's into basekit and slight speedup after TP. But pls nothing too strong