The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Separation of identical event offerings and items received during similar events.

NINDZA3477
NINDZA3477 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

For a player like me, the achievements that I have achieved over the course of 7 years of playing Dead by daylight are important.

It has long been noticed by me that items that were received during past events are devalued during the next similar event. And this will soon come again. For example, in 2018, during the Scorching Summer BBQ event, I received a lot of BBQ Invitation offerings. They have been stored for 5 years and I already thought that they would forever remain a reminder of that wonderful event. However, according to some reports, in Dead by daylight, after 5 years of downtime, the Summer BBQ Event returns, which means that these offerings can be collected in the blood web and used in games. But these offerings will no longer be a reminder of that event, will not be part of historical event. The same applies to items, for example, I still have firecrackers from Winter Solstice 2017, but every year they became less and less exclusive, because they could be obtained already in a recent event.

The attached screenshot shows what one of the solutions to this injustice might look like (this was done in photoshop in 20 minutes, so I apologize for the quality of the work).

So, the main idea is to separate similar items from each other. For example, when you hover and pinch an event item, an additional menu opens with the same item, but they are considered separate items. Each item has the same description, but there may be a different upper decoration of objects that they had during past events. The event line will indicate the event during which this item was received.

There is an option to make the menu vertical with the same details described above. In addition, you can add a darkening of everything except the menu to focus attention on it. If the player has not had event items yet, then the menu is not available to him until they receive a similar item in another event. Or you can make the menu empty by adding a hint about what it is needed for.

Also, in order to emphasize the rarity of the offerings, you can add a special effect is played during the display of the selected offerings before the start of the game. Something similar can be thought up with items already during the game. For example, a faint glow or something like that.