Almost 1 year after massive perk changes, what's your opinion on changed perks?

Options
lav3
lav3 Member Posts: 758

In 6.1.0, changed perks were :

• Survivor meta - DH, DS, Iron Will, Spine Chill, Self-Care, Borrowed Time
  • Killer meta - Corrupt Intervention, BBQ&C, H:Ruin, Pop, Tinkerer, H:Noed, SH:Pain Res
  • Survivor - Botany Knowledge, Calm Spirit, Dark Sense, Deja Vu, Distortion, Hope, Lightweight, Lucky Break, No One Left Behind, Off the Record, Overzealous, Pharmacy, Saboteur, Sole Survivor, Tenacity, WGLF
  • Killer - Coulrophobia, Dark Devotion, Eruption, Jolt, Knock Out, Lethal Pursuer, Monstrous Shrine, Overcharge, SH:Gift of Pain, Thanatophobia

About survivor perks, I think DS, Self-Care were hard nerfed.

DS should have 5 seconds of stun duration limited to Obsession.

Self-Care should revert to 50% healing speed but make the perk like current DH.

You can only use SC after unhooking yourself, getting unhooked from teammates.

And after going to into healthy state, the perk deactivates.

Not fond of Botany Knowledge. Calm Spirit, Pharmacy change was a terrible idea.

I'd remove Healing item efficiency penalty and revert old 33% healing item efficiency.

And make 50% healing speed only affect when healing teammates.

Calm Spirit didn't need speed penalty at all and Pharmacy having the condition to be injured is just wrong.

In addition, I hope Pharmacy gives special medkit that is much better than others because medkit rarity doesn't mean that much now.

Ruin nerf was very atrocious.

The perk deactivating after someone dies is enough. I think Ruin should have 150% regression speed in tier 3.

Eruption buff was terrible which enabled 3 gen defence. (Good riddance it lost incapacitated effect later.)

Monstrous Shrine became Scourge Hook and still doesn't have much use.

(I thought there would be an archive challenge like "Hook survivor x times on Scourge Hook" but didn't appear)

Thana was unnecessarily buffed and quickly nerfed to the ground.

2/4/6/20%? I really think Thana should have original value like 6/9/12/15%.

And extra BP gain from BBQ and WGLF were removed.

Very controversial but I hope BBQ/WGLF's BP bonus should have stayed.

BP incentive isn't always given to the role you want to play.

Patch 6.2.0 to 6.5.0 didn't include many perk changes.

There actually were MoM and Blast Mine changes which were unjustified and unneeded.

Glad MoM was reverted and Blast Mine had its required generator progress reduced eventually.

Patch 6.6.0 had Any Means Necessary and Eruption changes.

Any Means no longer had cooldown and I think it was a okay change.

Because of cooldown, you don't notice which pallet was dropped and unbroken sometimes.

Eruption was finally changed after 7~8 months it got buffed.

No longer incapacitate affected survivors and changed the effect to aura reveal.

(The nerf was more extreme in PTB because it had 10% "current" progress, not "total" progress.

At least in live version, it had 10% total losing progress.)

Now it is in weird position but I won't deny this perk solely made solo survivor experience into misery.

Patch 6.7.0 included another meta perk changes.

• Survivor meta - B:Circle of Healing, DH
  • Killer meta - SH:Pain Res, Call of Brine, Overchage
  • Others - Overzealous, Gearhead

Whether how you think of DH, I think it's fine.

Both Pain Res and CoH became unstable perk.

Might lose Pain Res token for nothing when gen pops before hooking.

Solo survivors lost benefit with CoH and uncommunication will cause no value using it.

Even if they were nerfed and became more complex, I am fine with it and try other perks.

But Call of Brine was massively nerfed. Surprised it didn't get number changes while Pain Res/CoH received.

It should be reworked or retouch the number.

Recent 7.0.0 had Flashbang, Deja Vu, Pop Goest the Weasel buff.

Flashbang no longer requires empty handed, good.

Pop is probably one of the best designed killer perks, which rewards hooking. Nice buff when most regression perks were nerfed.

Deja Vu buff feels unnecessary. I don't think indefinite repair bonus should stay.

Once close generators problems are fixed, I think it should have former effect.

To summarize, the perks I think it should be retouched are :

Survivor - Self-Care, Descive Strike, Botany Knowledge, Calm Spirit, Pharmacy, WGLF, Deja Vu

Killer - BBQ, H:Ruin, SH:Monstrous Shrine, Thanatophobia, Call of Brine

The only perk I don't think it needs buff is Deja Vu.

Others should have some kind of buff, rework or reversal.

Personally hope Borrowed Time might have some changes (because passive Endurance negates BT) too.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,250
    Options

Glad to see the meta change some. In general I feel like many of the perk buffs were way too soft handed overall. Like 90% of the perks they buffed are still bad and not ran by almost anyone.

I’d rather them take more chances with things. If it ends up too strong just tweak the numbers down later.

I’d like them to focus more on buffs to perks that are fun and encourage fair game play instead of second chance related perks. Like take the fun “meme” perks and actually make them good too. Grim Embrace for killer should’ve been one of the first ones on their list for buffs since it makes the killer play fair.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

IW should never be buffed. Old IW was worse design than current lucky break.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

haha, would not be overpowered with "Made for this" at all

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,758
    edited July 2023
    Options

the calm spirit “buff” and the self care nerf were funny

also gonna be honest I pretty much don’t see any of the perks from that patch used

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 947
    Options

The SH:PR changes i wasn't too happy about, sure they upped the regression side of it, but not a fan of the only 4 uses. Rather they nerf it back to 10-15% but slap a 20-30 cooldown on the perk activating again.

Call of brine / Overcharge - The problem was them stacking effects together, to nerf them in such a way to near uselessness i found questionable.

Ruin - Again, didn't see the issue beforehand, cleanse it or powerthrough it. If it even lasts 5 minutes that is.

Eruption - Good change.

GearHead - Good change, it's now in my Artists build.

Pop - Good change, in my m1 killer's builds.

I kinda wish they made Jolt also work with special attacks in the future, that would up it's usage for me.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Boons are pretty bad atm. CoH is still decent in a SWF but got gutted for solo. I rather bring Bond than CoH to find people to heal and to heal me. It doesn't need set up, cannot be snuffed, is multi-purpose, is not stationary. Maybe they should make boons whole-map like hexes are now. They'd be salvaged that way.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

I mean, all 3 boons would have to be nerfed significantly even dark theory if they were cross map. Boons always have the issue of having only 1, perk maybe 2 for counterplay. Expo is already strong in certain scenarios, way more than most people give credit for. The other two with map wide radius would be far too strong.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,793
    Options

The perk nerfs for both sides were bad, unnecessary, and (in part) gave rise to the problems we dealt with and still are facing. If anything, the 6.1.0 nerfs should have only been single nerfs, not double. (DS 5s, Pop Current, Ruin disable on death, Iron Will 100% non-exhausted, etc.) The largest gameplay problems of camping/tunneling were absurdly buffed, instead of only buffing normal gameplay.

Earned Regression that was fair? Naw, lets buff unearned regression and release multiple 3 gen Killers. Buff Thana when the numbers were fine? Now too many people are running it so it gets nerfed into oblivion so only Legion and Plague can use it. It was fine at 5% per Surv, and they should have only reverted the needless buffs, or have it apply 2/4/6/8 for 2/6/12/20 total instead. 2/4/6/20 total is the worst option imaginable.

Camping and Tunneling? Lets make all forms of anti-tunnel Endurance not work when Deep Wounded, then put all forms of anti-tunnel onto Endurance that gets the most value when you hit them immediately off hook from a proxy-camp. That was a severe overreaction to meme videos getting 5 Endurance procs that absolutely couldn't happen in real matches.

Self-care was fair to nerf, especially given nerfed medkits now as well, but they didn't need to make Self-Care a full on Killer perk and all medkits the exact same version (making Brown Medkit the best and only Medkit in most matches). I think the Green Medkit should still be better at self-healing (removing the speed penalty), and Purple still have more charges (at 32 and removing the self-charge inefficiency, but keeping the self-speed penalty). Heck, they even nerfed Pharmacy to be worse than Self-Care with the Medkit changes, it should at least remove the self-healing speed-inefficiency (for Pharmacy) now. On the topic of nerfs I can't believe they had the gall to nerf Calm Spirit and call it a buff. A real buff to Calm Spirit would be silencing all killer unique sounds, like the sound of Plague infected puking, or Artist crows swarming you, or Wesker Ouroborous on you.

Dead Hard I was perfectly fine with the original rework as Killer, although it was too short and laggy for me as Survivor, but I'd argue they went too far with it's current state. I'd even make the argument it should be 1s of Special Attack Endurance that can also be used when healthy. That would help with both lag, and against the Killers who need DH to make them tolerable (Nurse/Blight), while not impacting M1 Killers.

CoH was probably the only good perk nerf in the list. It was overbearing, annoying, and impossible to deal with (in a reasonable timeframe) on 2nd story placements like on Ironworks.

I was one of the few people to occasionally run OG Eruption, and it was fair with a short Incap timer (16s?), fair Regression (since it was I think 6% per gen kicked) and still required a down. I think its current form is slightly better overall, especially with current Pop and Nowhere to Hide, but the middle form of 25s unreactable incap was an abomination that never should have made it to live.

I am also one of the Psychos that still believe Pain Res is currently buffed. It gives more Regression until 7 old Pain Res hooks, and doesn't force you to go out of the way for PR hooks once you've gotten the token, saving heaps of time. At 6 hooks you have either 2 people dead (3/3/0/0) so you don't need regression because it is a 2v1. Alternatively you have 1 person dead, and any combo of hooks on the rest, so it essentially is a won match (due to being a 3v1) unless you have half a gen remaining. Finally the only other possibility is 2 people death hook and 2 people with 1 hook, so by hooking one of the death hook Survs you get the 3v1 which is a won match except against the half gen remaining mentioned above. If they finished the gens, you had MORE regression and couldn't keep up, so it was a lost match regardless. The only argument I've heard that has merit, was old PR gave you more failed let-go skill checks, but the stats only bumped regression to 26.7% and 16.7% or something like that, which didn't change the breakeven points from 6/7 for new/old. Technically it changes the regression to 35%/25% new/old only like 7% or 17% of the time or something like that, so it was gambling anyways.

The Singularity introduced alternate item slot is interesting, but I haven't had time to truly know whether I like it or not. Overall I think its better, but sometimes you end up carrying the Spray/Vaccine when you want to use the Medkit/Toolbox/Flashlight. You can still drop some temporary items, but with Singularity's it deletes the item.

Deja Vu they stated was a 'temp' buff until they fix intentionally 3 genning from the onset. Technically this also is in line with their original DS claims of it being reduced to its current unplayably bad 3s stun. I think DS needs its 5s stun back or some other stronger anti-tunnel countermeasures, but Deja Vu is just a strange buff that will likely cause more problems that it is seeking to solve. If anything I think Deja Vu should give 1% boost every minute (or sooner) that the current 3 closest gens is the same 3 gen. That way when you get those degen 3gen Killers it can reach 30% gen haste reasonably, but in most normal matches it won't even reach 5%. I think a reasonable 3gen fix is allowing the first gen completed to 'uncomplete' itself at 2 gens remaining, but it progresses at 25% normal speed (or 360 Survivor seconds instead of 90). When at 1 gen remaining the second gen completed 'uncompletes' itself allowing a repeat at 25%, and the first gen (if not completed twice) is boosted to 50% speed (180 Survivor seconds). Killer regression still works at full value on these repeat gens, only Survivor speeds (for recompletes) is reduced. The reason for 2 levels is in case of the bad/bugged 4 gens on one side which can be seen rarely on H shaped maps with 2 1 4 gen placement instead of 3 1 3.

Overall the perk nerfs were near exclusively bad, unless nerfing what was needlessly buffed like the unearned regression. I would say about half or more of the perk buffs were good, and I already went over each of the major bad ones (Pharmacy/Calm Spirit).

Base mechanics overall I'd say were largely good. The 6.1.0 basekit Brutal/STBFL/BT were all nice additions, but Endurance shouldn't care about Deep Wound, especially anti-tunnel Endurance. That was the only basekit mechanic change that was strictly bad. I'd even make the argument basekit/perk BT should give permanent Endurance for the timer, but you lose collision during the Endurance timer so you can't bodyblock for a teammate. This would also help against the double tap tunnels like Huntress/Bubba/Blight/Nurse can do quickly and easily.

Also gen times being buffed to 90s, but hook timers being not adjusted too, was an absurd buff to camping that makes no sense even to this day. Everyone says the counter to facecamping Bubba is 'just do gens', but with Deadlock and the first down in under a minute results in a minimum 2k, most often 3k. An intentional camp from the onset should never result in more than 1k, and I would go to the extreme to say if someone stays on hook through first state, the second state should take 5 minutes instead of 1. If they are camped they will be the only one to die, and if you camp out only the second state (to punish Survivor greed) then you can leave to pressure the remaining 3.

I played the game on release for less than 2 hours, because I used the steam refund as it was unplayably bad imo (I worked a certain nightshift and with Killer as host, they had 200+ latency minimum, getting hits at windows and pallets they clearly missed, and Killer had to deal with the literal infinites.). Then I rejoined when a bunch of friends were playing semi-frequently shortly before or after Twins came out. (My steam achievements don't help because I think I played at a friend's house/console off and on with them before I re-bought it myself.) Overall I'd say the best the game has ever been was during the short timeframe before and after Mikaela's release while CoH was killswitched. Even then I think the version of hatch prior to Mikaela's patch was the best it was, as it allowed a '3 gen/intentional facecamp/hard tunnel kill' counter in its prior form. (That was the hatch spawned when the Gens remaining was equal or less than Survivors killed, and keys opened it for 10s IIRC.) So I had just shy of 1 year of mostly good changes, then nearly 2 years of mostly bad changes, with a decent enough recovery as of late.

Overall I think change for the sake of change is mostly bad, which was the theme of 6.1.0. Change for the sake of fixing bad things is mostly good, which was mostly the theme of 6.7.0. Even then, making all medkits samey is a boring change, but they were in desperate need of being nerfed.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    Options

I genuinely hate the Pharmacy change - It used to be one of my favorite perks. It's too opportunistic now and needs to either guarantee a medkit without the need to be injured or it needs to have the rummage option like all other item perks.

Calm Spirit clearly would have been too broken without the downside. /s

• UnavailableName
    UnavailableName Member Posts: 298
    Options

Mixed, some changes were needed, some were not.

Devs have nerfed gen regress perks while they should have create an anti-tunnel mechanic isntead.

Also some new perks replaced the old DH/DS and are insanley strong - MFT/Resilience/Hope

Well, the META has changed, the unbalance of the game has not.

• lav3
    Options

Yeah, I'd take changing many perks so some could be a choice for players rather than making another 2nd chance meta.

Grim Embrace would be really decent if it activates on 3rd token I think.

• lav3
    Options

Jolt activated with M2 wouldn't be busted if there aren't Nurse and Blight.

But with recent scream feature added, I think currently it is in a good position to be a general perk.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I'm still angry about the MoM revert.

It changed from a meme perk that you have to throw the match for into something you could actually use and for some reason people really hated the idea of it being usable.

Why the hell would you revert back to the state where nobody used it? Cause the community can't judge a perk to save their life?

That small period of endurance MoM was the best version of MoM that didn't break the game

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

I'm still mad about self care it was the best perk for us solo Q only players, to rely a bit less on your teams, and DS of course still useless after all this time

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    edited July 2023
    Options

I know it is a thing currently to bring "Made for This" in everything because Killers are currently claiming they lose because of it, but you can easily make Iron Will 100% Noise Reduction while inflicting perma-exhausted. This gives a strong effect which makes it impossible to pair with Exhaustion-Perks or Made for This. (Which is a valid trade-off IMO)

@Topic:

I would agree that DS was nerfed too hard. I get the deactivation in Endgame (I dont fully agree with it, because if a Killer fails all game they dont deserve a guaranteed Kill for camping Endgame because almost everything deactivates after all Gens are done. But I am not hard against it, so it is fine), but the reduction to 3 seconds just killed the Perk. It should be reverted to 5 seconds, but for everyone. Limiting it to the Obsession is a bad idea IMO, you can get a decent Perk when you are the Obsession or a useless one when you are not the Obsession. Not ideal.

When it comes to Self-Care, it should just be reverted to 50%. No Buffs or Nerfs needed.

Calm Spirit did not need the Speed Reduction. However, I can still see it applied when they change the Perk in a way that it only reduces noises (and gives the Speed Penalty) when in the Killers Terror Radius. You dont need to be silent when the Killer is full map away and therefore no need for the Penalty. Both can be applied when the Killer is nearby, because then you would benefit from the Perk, which would somewhat justify the Downside. (It would also be a neat Side-Buff for Stealth Killers since they would still be able to hear someone working on a Totem despite being nearby)

Iron Will, as written above - make it inflict Exhaustion permanently and give back 100% noise reduction. Strong effect for a big downside.

Regarding Ruin - it could have been kept at 200% Regression. IMO Ruin was never really the problem (after its initial Rework), since it actually rewards the Killer for applying Pressure and showing Map Awareness. However, Undying was the problem (with having to cleanse Ruin up to 5 times) and especially Tinkerer was the problem because it removed any sense of Awareness the Killer needs to have and especially on high mobility Killers it was too strong when paired with Ruin. But once Tinkerer was a one-time use per Gen, it was fine, because the Killer could not go back to the Gen multiple times OR if they did it, they needed to rely on their own gamesense and might waste some time if they guessed wrong.

Deactivating when someone died is fine IMO. It does not happen often anyway, usually Ruin was found first. And if it happens, it is fine because then the Killer probably has already won the game if it is an early 3v1, so they dont need Ruin anymore.

Regarding BP-incentives:

"BP incentive isn't always given to the role you want to play."

Yeah, this is the point of the incentives. One role is currently needed, so they give an incentive for it. So you can think about playing this role instead for the incentive OR you can stick to the role you want to play, but without the incentive.

EDIT: A very important thing I forgot to mention - quite a bunch of Perks were just nerfed to remove them from the Meta. There was no need to hit DS or Ruin that hard, but they were mainly nerfed so that the Devs can say they changed the Meta (even if it did not change, at least Killers are still using Slowdown, just different Perks)

Post edited by Aven_Fallen on
  • Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Genuinely baffled Calm Spirit hasn't been reverted.

• mizark3
    Options

Sorry but that MoM version was unplayably bad. Yeah you could get MoM in 2 stacks instead of 3, but it told the Killer MoM was ready instead of after it was used. They could aura read you when it was prepped. Since it gave endurance, if you touched a gen/totem/provided any value in the game, you lost it and had to regain the 2 stacks. It told the Killer 'don't hit me, I'm worthless to my team'. That was after you had to throw by giving the Killer 2 free protection hits. At least with throwing to give 3 free hits you get an extra damage state that can stack with other forms of Endurance, and still do gens or unhook and heal allies. To be fair this variant was a decent hard-counter to drain STBFL stacks, but most STBFL users are like Demo who can damage you with their power instead.

The best changes I can think for Grim Embrace is allowing it to activate multiple times as long as no one is dead (promoting hooking each Survivor, then each Survivor again), and revealing all players if the Obsession is the final stack, instead of revealing the hooked Obsession. Alternatively applying Incapacitated to all Survivors if the Obsession is the final stack. This way Survivors can't just heal or bless/cleanse totems instead of doing gens, and Incap doesn't prevent unhooks, so it wouldn't kill people on hook.

• Sonzaishinai
    edited July 2023
    Options

And this right here was the problem. People just became immune to damage after taking a hit for someone who is most likely being tunneled and what do they do?

They run the hell away!!

That's not the perk being bad, that's the people using it being stupid

MoM now requires you to take a hit, heal up, take another hit, heal up again and then take another before it even does anything. That's the most stacked medkit and 48 seconds if you don't want to rely on your team

With endurance MoM you needed 1 protectin hit and a heal and you were ready to block for a tunneled person twice in a row. That's half the amount of time wasted.

The aura read and deactivating on actions was completely irrelivant if you did what the perk was suppose to do and protect your teammates.

It was a pretty effective anti tunnel tool. All it took was to not be selfish while playing the team role. And dbd survivors are on avarage so bad they couldn't get their head around that

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,772
    Options

DS being deactivated at end game is fine. But they need to revert the stun time back to 5 seconds. Or at the very least make it 4 seconds because 3 seconds is worthless.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Expo is only strong in a SWF. Your suggestion will not change anything for solo. As it is atm, boons are useless for solo survivor. They might give value once in a blue moon.

• mizark3
    Options

The problem with the concept is you would serve your tunneled teammate far more by sitting on gens than running cross-map to soak the first hit, healing up, then taking 2 in a row. To be fair this version could be the 'Corrective Action' of chase perks, but both would serve to be equally bad, instead of allowing for MoM to serve its current niche. At least with current MoM I can take a prot hit and Sabo the hook the Killer is going towards, and if they drop my teammate then they are safe (from hook) and I drew aggro effectively. That version disabled on Sabo, so you couldn't be useful even when trying.

The proposed MoM had the same problem as Pyramid Head barb-wire, in that your opposition is almost entirely in control of whether you got to use it. Some people crouch mid-chase to deny Pyramid Head's power, preferring to get downed instead of giving a free cage. The same problem existed with the proposed MoM, as very few spots the Survivor could truly force the Killer to hit them instead, such as blocking shack doors, or under hook when a Surv is carried.

On paper I did like the proposed change, then I tried to make use of it and the PTB Killer essentially laughed in my face and made me regret my decisions, and PTB matchmaking would have improved my chances compared to live.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,905
    Options

dark theory is global. its called made for this. you've been vsing it with added condition of injured and only when not exhausted. dark theory does not need nerf and neither do other boons. the other boon are not great right now due to their limited radius. buffing their radius would make them relevant in survivor gameplay.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

DH - Absolutely the best nerf in that update.

DS - I actually liked this nerf. 3s isnt useless contrary to popular belief. I dont think anti tunnel should just make tunneling a complete and total waste of time and instead punish it, which is what OTR and DS do now. I think the stun should be 4s though.

Iron Will - Made tracking in chase much more annoying. Overall a very good perk that needed nerfs. it got gutted though which isnt great...

Spine Chill - Was only meta because soloQ lacked so much info swfs had. With spine chill you would know if the killers in chase, if their coming your way etc. The 6% bonus was only impactful on vaults and with resilience anyways but it defo should have gone. I'd like to see this perks nerf reverted since a lot of its power became basekit.

Self Care - Just rework self care already. it will always be either broken or a complete waste of time.

BT - Became basekit, should have maybe been reworked instead of just nerfed by 2s

--------------------

Corrupt - A good change. The value a killer could get from corrupt was gamewinning. Deactivating after you get value was the best decision they could have made for a nerf.

BBQ - just stupid, let me have bp

Ruin - Heavily dislike. one of the few meta perks in dbd that rewarded skill. You only got value from corrupt if you could pressure well, and on top of that it was a hex. You needed undying for it to be consistent, and by then you are dedicating 2 perk slots to one.

PGTW - If were werent tunneling then this perk was balanced. If you were it became a big issue though. An early out AND insane regression. Once/if tunneling becomes a non issue I'd like to see it reverted.

Tinkerer - This only got nerfed because blights were using it with ruin to just deny gens existing. good change overall

Noed - finally can be countered within a minute

Pain Res - Very overtuned perk and needed the change. Info, more info, and great regression is too much for one perk.

Eruption - The buff was way too much but it was in the right direction for the perk. Just way too far in that direction. if it were 25s of genblock and not incap it would have been more bearable, at least you could get a heal off.

Overcharge - Good change, but they should have made it so it couldnt stack with CoB.

--------------------------------

DH - Bad change. It needed changes to give more counterplay not a completely gutting of the perk. Yet somehow its crept its way into the meta thanks to MFT ;-;

PR: Bad change. While I like current PR it didnt need nerfs. It was probably on of their best designed perks. Its still very well designed just less. The issue was with tunneling not the perk itself, and even then it wasnt a huge difference. A tunneler getting a kill at 4 gens is winning, PR isnt gonna change that.

CoB - worst change in that patch. Its got to be the worst regression perk in the game now.

Overcharge - just remove regression stacking and the 3gen meta is gone! why did you have to murder them both?

CoH - good idea on paper but bad in game. The time to go to the boon, even if its not that far, negates most if not all the benefit it provides making it an inconsistent mess of a perk.

Overall the changes improved game health. Gens go a little too fast now though, I think just reverting ruin would be good.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

Agree with almost everything you said except DS. It takes like literally half the stun time to just get off the shoulder and into the run animation, it’s entirely futile against any killer with mobility or range in a vast majority of scenarios. I do agree though that I don’t think it’s absolutely useless like a lot of people do, you can still get a lot of value if you go down near a strong tile like a jungle gym, but IMO I think it should just be reverted back to 5. The perk just feels weak I don’t know how else to say it. OTR just feels like the superior choice in 90% of your games.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,250
    Options

Yeah 3rd token could work as well. I was thinking keep it at 4 but add like a mini block for each survivors first hook, like 15 seconds or something. Either way.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

I think the killer meta (Pop+Pain Res) is very strong right now. I barely lose when i sweat, even with killers where i'm not used to the mechanics a lot.

Survivor on the other side is heavily focused on SWF gameplay, even more than before. 2 years ago you could carry a solo squad with a good chase and DS+DH. Now all of the good solo perks are gone and a lot of the buffed and new perks have their focus on comm teamplay. That unbreakable boon is a good example, it works great when playing with friends but is almost no option when you play solo.

They also have to work on tunneling meta and MMR. I wish they would bring back ranks tbh

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,314
    Options

Dead Hard needed a nerf but as we saw, the 6.1 nerf didn't actually do much in terms of pick rate and it needed the most recent major nerf to finally get to a good spot. It's probably a little overnerfed but with how godawful a perk it was to go against, it can stay there. Isn't even a garbage perk thesedays and killers never expect it so you can still get good use out of it.

Decisive Strike needed the endgame change but should be buffed back upto 5 seconds so that it's still a threat. It can still be strong but you need to go down in a good place to get value, going down in the open wont buy you much time.

Iron Will didn't need the double nerf. They should have either made it not work well with exhaustion OR just keep it as 75% all the time. Still, it's not as bad as some people say and it can still totally fool Spirits but its not worth the anti-synergy with exhaustion perks when it's only giving 75%.

Spine Chill I thought was actually better after the change because you had the distance-gauge which meant you didn't need to look behind you as much, but the change DID make the bonus speed pretty pointless since you don't get it nearly as often. The recent change to remove the light-up effect is a nice boost to stealth killers who currently get hard-countered by the perk but yeah it's not really worth bringing anymore.

Self-Care is a bit weird. It needed a nerf in order to 'shake up' the meta because even though many people thought it was weak even at 50%, it was still heavily used by survivors, and after it dropped to 35% it still saw decent use. With the nerf to medkits and CoH it's actually seeing a resurgence because it's now not -that- much slower than a medkit, assuming you run it with Botany, which you should always be doing.

Borrowed Time was always gonna see a massive drop off after the basekit BT changes and you almost never see it anymore, but it's effect is still decent, and it counters tunnelers who try and 'wait it out' while also extending the Haste effect which shouldn't be overlooked.

Corrupt Intervention needed a nerf as it was considered the strongest killer perk by many and even after the nerf it's STILL seen as one of if not the best. That's just how strong it's effect is. It's also completely unique, there's no other perk that does what it does in a different way. I'd say it's healthier now because strong killers who can get downs early don't need the full effect of it, and killers like Trapper and Hag who use it to buy time for their setup can still get the full effect.

BBQ needed the BP removal and I know that's an unpopular opinion. Perks shouldn't give large amounts of BP because that makes them feel like you NEED to run them, and when you don't you feel like you're missing out. It obviously saw a steep decline after the removal but it's still strong on many killers and it's starting to see a little more usage again. Apparently got shadowbuffed recently with 1 extra second duration, which is fair if true.

Ruin was absolutely butchered. It was overpowered before the nerf and did need something but it's now in a state where you almost never wanna run it. I know people complain a lot about the self-cleanse aspect of it but I don't even think that's a huge deal. Once you kill someone and it's 3v1 you don't really need Ruin anymore, but it's the reduction to only 100% regression that killed it. Base regression is pretty awful and you can't run Ruin with certain other regression perks already. Coupled with the fact it's STILL a hex and can be cleansed right away it's just bad. Should either be buffed to 150% or remove the fact it's a hex entirely and just keep it active until someone dies.

Tinkerer I think was a fair nerf. Letting it proc multiple times on the same gen gave it too much synergy with gen regression, and it's still a strong perk now, you just only really wanna run it was mobile killers who can always take advantage of the info instead of running it on everyone.

NoED was a good change. One of the main issues with it was that it could be hard to find and solo queue especially would often rather just leave. Now it's much easier to find after it's revealed and even solo queue can reliably cleanse and set up a save. Still has the issue of hooking next to the totem though.

Pain Res was a pretty funny one. EVERYONE was screaming that the change would make it completely useless and it was a dead perk and trash and ended up remaining as one of the strongest killer perks in the game. They even brought BACK it's synergy with DMS after a whle which seems... odd. Pain Res is healthier now at least but still probably a bit too strong.

Dark Sense more interesting but still kinda trash, Calm Spirit got NERFED, should have just not added the penalty and it would still be bad, Pharmacy got made worse in a loot-box build but I guess slightly better if you just use it on it's own, still bad though, No One Left Behind much better and actually useable but still not a strong enough effect to warrant going 5 gens with one less perk. Deja Vu buff awesome and it's most recent one especially, not an amazing perk but feels cool to use and gives good info not only for beginners. Lightweight is a tricky perk to really evaluate, hard to know if you would have lost the killer anyway without it, but a nice buff regardless, I don't find it oppressive or anything to go against. Lucky Break sounds OP on paper but you lose it too quickly and it takes a long time to charge it back up. I guess that's fair because it's effect -is- very strong, but I still rarely see people use it. Distortion is a very strong perk nowadays, I'd argue it's too easy to regain tokens now actually since you even gain them in chase, I love using it though. Overzealous has slowly been made more and more usable but I still think it's just a slight bit underwhelming, though gen-speed perks sorta have to be or else they easily become OP. Sole Survivor... is REALLY good now if you wanna play selfishly and play for Gate or even Hatch after everyone else dies. Otherwise garbage but I guess it has a niche now. Botany Knowledge buff was odd, like it's downside can be mitigated by bringing extra charges on your medkit, though that's trickier after the medkit nerfs. I think it makes Desperate Measures kinda obsolete unless you run both.

Coulrophobia got made much stronger but it's still niche. Anti-healing terror radius builds are pretty fun though, if not hugely competitve. Jolt change was BIG and with it being one of the few slowdowns that hasn't been nerfed (yet) it's finally fully meta now.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,905
    Options

they could make it that the perk starts with 4 tokens. The first time that a new survivor that is hit loses a health-state. the generator with most progress and that is being worked on is blocked for 10 seconds. No clue if anyone would use it... but hey it is gen slowdown I guess. As long as you do not use it on legion, it might be useful.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

Yeah that wasen't my experience at all

I could make tunneling for a lot of killers a huge timewaster that more then made up me not being on gens all the time. Not never mind you, only when it was needed.

I ran it with unbreakable and could bodyblock 3 times for a survivor and just pick myself up if the killer still wanted the one survivor dead. With how soloq is sometimes i saved way more time delaying the tunneled persons death then i would have sitting on gens. I have body blocked a hook for 3 hits causing the person to get off and then picking myself up when the killer still went after them.

The only times that MoM failed me was against killers that don't care about bodyblocks like nurse of bubba but against them the current version of MoM is even worse. I have been able to get endurance MoM to trigger against a nurse. Current MoM never.

I am 100% convinced endurance MoM is a better perk in pretty much every aspect compared to current MoM and it was reverted way too quickly before the community could actually play around with it.

It wouldn't piss me off as much if people actually used the trash tier they reverted it back too but nobody does. They picked up a perk from the thrash, tried to make something out of it and this community was like "no no put that back in the trash, i like it there"

• bornagain234
    bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 243
    Options

thanks to MMR, there will always be a meta that needs a shakeup

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

I do think it needs buffs. 5 seconds feels like too much to me though, as it did pre 6.1.0. 4s feels good enough to me. OTR is feels like ma better designed perk than 5s DS to me. Its extremely powerful, but it tells the killer you have it. That way plenty of killers might just choose to not bother and go for the unhooker, unlike DS where you might commit to the tunnel just to get slapped with 5s stun. You basically committed to a chase thats now unwinnable, which is fantastic anti tunnel but doesnt really give any wiggle room.

DS should either have 4s stun or a secondary effect, like a 5% bonus speed while its timers active. Or we could remove the 60 timer and have it just deactivate off touching stuff but that could prove problematic.

• mizark3
    Options

I can understand the case for that version, but I'd rather them add a new perk to fill that role.

Also I was reading a couple other comments on how they nerfed CoH (and Self-Care) into 'garbage' tier, I'd say allowing CoH Self-Care at 25-35%, and the actual Perk Self-Care at maybe 45%, would help make both of those perks still usable, without making CoH overbearing. The teammate will see the HUD of you healing, know how much time you are wasting to Self-Care, and go to save you more time to heal you instead since they can now see your aura and just might not have been looking in that direction before. I do think CoH in combination with an aggressively placed Shadow Step is powerful and annoying enough to require a response by the Killer. Also I'm almost at the point of thinking it'd be fine for actual Self-Care to be back at 50%, but I also don't know if after nerfing Medkits it would just open up everyone bringing it as a perk-tax almost.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

I have to agree. They could expand the radius but having perks like Shadow Step and Exponential on the whole map would be insane. It would also make other totems and, potentially, other survivors perks redundant

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

I don't like nerfs, so, I find it boring.

• AtoTimber
    AtoTimber Member Posts: 84
    Options

I think keep the exhaustion stipulation and bring it back to 100%, because some characters are still SO loud with IW anyway, and some people are very quiet. Sheva, Yun-Jin, Ace, Rebecca, all VERY quiet with IW, but characters like Laurie, Mikaela, Meg, are all still loud in comparison, even tho its a flat 75% rate

• AtoTimber
    AtoTimber Member Posts: 84
    Options