If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How to make all Hexes slightly better without really changing their powers

Options
Wampirita
Wampirita Member Posts: 807
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

We can all agree that playing a hex and losing it before it has any effect sucks. And I think BHVR is doing something with it, considering all the latest hexes aren't as vulnerable as any of the ones existing before that.

All hexes should work the same as for example Noed or Face the Darkness do. They light up a totem after they start doing something. This would obviously lead to some hexes needing a rework.

The only perk I see being a problem with this theory is Devour hope, because once it starts doing something, it's usually too late

But also some Hexes shouldn't be even a hex anymore.

Ruin? as long as it has the self turnoff part, I don't get why it even is a hex anymore.

Huntress Lullaby? A complete niche hex, used in one specific build you face once per year. It not being a hex wouldn't change a thing, once you know it's in play you usually just pay more attention to your screen.

Crowd Control would be better as a non-hex perk. Just change it so it blocks the vault for only the survivor in chase, with short duration like 10-15s

What would be your proposed changes to make Hexes more viable?

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

Notifications when survivors work on them aswell as after.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

how to improve every hex. put hex:undying base-kit in all hexes.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

Ruin: make it 200% again (we can keep the deactivation)

ToTH: loud noise notification when Survivors touch a Totem

IDK about the rest

• BlueMoonBRUHMOMENT
    BlueMoonBRUHMOMENT Member Posts: 86
    Options

100% agree with the "hex doesn't spawn in until it actually does something"

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Hex spawning the moment they do something would be a good change. For devour hope that would turn on after first hook.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 876
    Options

I would suggest something like.

Hexes now have active efects and lingering effects after destroyed. Lingering one are weaker of course.

Examples.

Devouer hope:

Always: 10 seconds after hooking a survivor you gain a speed buff.

While hex is active: Current token effect.

Huntress lullaby.

Always: Miss skillcheks regress 6% more.

While hex is active: Current token effect.

Yeah a lot of hexes should be reworked by this way.

Also, allow killers to "hex a totem" to reactivate effects could be nice, like survivors with boons.

• mca240
    mca240 Member Posts: 457
    Options

Make hexes so that the totem lights up the moment the perk takes effect, like Face The Darkness is right now

Examples:

• Ruin: after a survivor lets go off a gen
    • Devour: after first hooking a survivor
    • Undying: after another hex lights up

And so on. It prevents survivors from spawning on top of your hexes and getting rid of them straight away.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

Honestly even that huntress lullaby bug that allowed it to persist even after it was destroyed with any tokens it had wasn't that overpowered

Tbh I found it fun to use it back then with Pig and the harder skillchecks for the jigsaw boxes and it still was fair because if they destroyed it before you had earned any stacks it would have no effect besides the extra regression on failing skillchecks