Franklins change

Jambienn
Jambienn Member Posts: 8
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who finds Franklin's Demise to be more of a frustrating perk than a frustratingly powerful perk, by this I mean people genuinely don't enjoy going against it (as opposed to something like old Ruin, where people get frustrated over their inability to overcome the perk.)

To help this, I think changing the perk to damage a held item directly rather than forcing the item to be dropped would keep it's functionality, but be less frustrating to survivors as in my experience the frustration comes from the feeling of bringing a good item, only for it to be deemed entirely useless and not even be allowed to escape with it to use it again.

"Your vicious basic attacks damage a survivor's item on impact, depleting their charges by 25%/30%/35%"

Bit of an afterthought, but maybe it could only drop the temporary items? (Forgot their technical name, but Sadako's tapes or Nemesis' Vaccines)

Post edited by Jambienn on

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Franklins is completely fine. No changes needed.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,356

Considering the new item type of temporary items was created and intentionally made to not interact with Franklins, I doubt they are going to revert that change. Also Sadako's tapes intentionally were made to bypass Franklins from release.

Anyways, Franklins has always caused the survivor item to drop. I don't see that ever changing. At least you could always collect the item later and survivors have perk options to refill item charges.