Add life to the maps... hourly cycle.

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't know if the developers have really thought about this, or they really think that it could unbalance the game a lot for both roles, there have been some offerings to darken the moon, why not add day, evening and night cycles to the game?

It's not one thing we're saying DBD hasn't had, as I've mentioned with offerings to the darker maps, what do you think?

Edit: Imagine if the dredge could be stronger when done on the night map with the day and night cycle, using these resources for certain killers would make the game feel fresher with new mechanics, but it seems that the devs At the moment they go to the minimum resource.

Post edited by Th3Nightmare on

Comments

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

Some maps, like Eyrie of Crows, could be made much more interesting by having a day/night cycle take place during a trial.

If they went really crazy on lighting, they could have an entire Killer whose power revolved around hiding in the shadows, so the day/night cycle would become an integral part of their power ramp during a trial.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    edited August 2023
    Options

I think that UE4 has a lot of resources to take advantage of, like the time (day, night...), the dredge uses the night, it could be even better if it was done at night on the map, I think that today, we are only seeing the simplicity and minimal resources of UE4, but I know that they can still take advantage of the engine (UE4), but even the devs did not show it...

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

People are still reporting performance issues on console, so unfortunately I believe we are limited on the technical side of things.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,406
    Options

The game used to have Moonlight offerings, which effected the lighting of the maps (no daytime maps back then). These were removed to give them much better control over how the map's brightness worked and looked overall.

Things like fog and grass thickness were scaled way back because of the game performance issues they caused, especially on the consoles.

Prolly have to wait for a DBD2 and maybe an upgrade to UE5 as well.

• devotedDBDenjoyer
    devotedDBDenjoyer Member Posts: 269
    edited August 2023
    Options

as much as i want this we need to consider the console bros. i'm running out of "it is what it is" at this point my disappointment is off the charts thinking about how cool this could be but it'll never be real

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 354
    Options

They had add ons that were removed that darkened the maps or lightened them. If I'm not mistaken they wanted control over brightness of maps.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited August 2023
    Options

I think a hourly cycle would be impossible without breaking something either with shadows or perfomance.

on the other hand having RNG day , evening , night atmospheres when a map is loading would IMO really possible to do on specific maps without breaking the inmersion.