We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

{FIXED} PC - A bug has caused mass deletion of characters from many accounts.

Options
hailxsatanxeveryxday
hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 889
edited August 2023 in Bug Reporting

When the latest update dropped, a lot of us lost characters and cosmetics.

I think a moderator here misunderstood the nature of the issue, as it was previously acknowledged as a bug and fixed as a bug when the same thing happened the update before that: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/380996/lost-access-to-my-characters-geforce-now-steam

It's not just "an account issue"; it's a problem that's happened to a lot of users en masse under the exact same circumstances, apparently due to a change in the code. That's a bug.

If that thread was previously closed because the OP was focused on his own individual account (which is understandable), we should make it clear that we're not asking for individual assistance with our accounts so much as just trying to make the devs aware that this is happening so they can come up with a bugfix.

A lot of us paid good money for these characters and are upset that we can no longer play with them. I think a lot of us would appreciate some kind of answer as to what's going on.

I realize that you all are busy what with the new updates, so I can appreciate that this is maybe not as big of a priority as getting things that affect more users fixed (like the PS5 initialization issue), and I understand that we might need to be patient, but this is a serious, game-breaking problem, and nobody can help us other than the devs. Asking "other users" on the "ask the community" forums is not going to do anyone any good.

Post edited by Mandy on
4 votes

Fixed · Last Updated

Fixed with the patch 7.1.2a

Comments

• xrayatom
    xrayatom Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2023
    Options

I agree with @hailxsatanxeveryxday . This is a problem that came up with last month's patch, and this month's update that is not just affecting one player, but ALL players that bought DLC on the old Stadia platform. That is indeed a bug that got fixed last month, but not relayed to the team that was working on the new update, and thus is broken again.

Last time in the forum link provided above, @Mandy was able to track down the problem and get it fixed relatively quickly. Chances are it's the same solution and was immediate for all past Stadia users that had DLC purchased through Stadia who now use Steam.

This has locked me out of being able to play 13 characters, my main being one of them. I will not be repurchasing any new DLC again if this is a problem that continuously isn't looked into.

Post edited by xrayatom on
  • xrayatom
    Options

The 7.1.1 bug fix did not fix the issue either.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

7.1.1 didn't fix it for me, either. But hopefully this means they'll have time to investigate now that all the bugfix stuff has been done.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

i just came here to look if there was any update on this yet as I’ve not heard anything yet and still don’t have my characters

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

All the comments (at least the ones after it was fixed last time) from the other thread were deleted and the thread was closed. I guess because it was briefly fixed last time, but it's still affecting a lot of us.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

@xrayatom , @goat10em

I guess this is the main thread now. The other one was closed and all comments that said the problem wasn't fixed were deleted.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

@lostlocker , @Tulsic , @shootonsight , @bioboy40k , @mhspy

If any of you are having these problems again, this is the place now.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

@pjwolfcry , @nang8 , @JMNB , @aprilghost_yt , @SuprDuprKyle

Just making sure everyone from the previous thread was notified.

• xrayatom
    Options

@hailxsatanxeveryxday Thanks for the heads up.

• lostlocker
    lostlocker Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2023
    Options

hoping for acknowledgement on this bug, looking forward to playing our lost characters again

• pjwolfcry
    pjwolfcry Member Posts: 2
    Options

@hailxsatanxeveryxday

Thank you for the heads up and update. Let's all hope they actually get this done sometime soon. I just want to play with the content I paid for.

• aprilghost_yt
    aprilghost_yt Member Posts: 35
    Options

@hailxsatanxeveryxday really really appreciate the heads-up.

Still have this problem, would love acknowledgment from BHVR that a fix is coming

• lostlocker
    Options

i received an update from my ticket:

"Thank you for your patience on this. I wanted to give you an update that the issue has been found but requires some extra time for the fix to be implemented and deployed.

We do not have a specific ETA but the fix will be released shortly after the Hotfix 2 update. Rest assured that your DLCs are still safely with us and will be available once again when the update comes.

Once again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. The support and understanding you have shown us is very much appreciated!"

• xrayatom
    Options

@lostlocker Thats promising! I'm glad someone got a response to a help ticket on this issue, I haven't. Thanks for passing it along. There's hope!

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

Well, that is a load off of my mind. My Dead by Daylight addiction can continue unabated.

I got one, but it wasn't nearly as specific.

Having a lot of fun playing Sadako right now, but,

• mhspy
    mhspy Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2023
    Options

yes it's unfortunate they closed the last one and deleted ppls post....but I still don't have access to my characters and i've spent on various cosmetics for them too... especially the attack on titan.... please fix as this shouldn't be happening on every chapter release please!

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

7.1.2 bugfix, and... nothing? Even though they said they'd found the issue? When's it going to come? 7.1.3? 7.1.4? 8.0.0?

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

Oh, okay, cool. The above message said "shortly after the Hotfix 2 update". I guess that means soon.

Buying Cage and the Rift with faith that this is coming eventually.

• xrayatom
    Options

I received an update from my ticket:

"I'm sorry to hear that you are missing DLC after a recent update, and I would be more than happy to help you with this!

I have had a look at your account and I see that the characters that you mentioned are there. If you are still not able to access these characters, then please let me know."

I started up DBD with anticipation, looked and the characters are still greyed out. I responded with screen shots highlighting the ALL of the STILL missing characters.

So long message to state there's still no movement.

• lostlocker
    Options

Can confirm the bug still exists for me also.

@hailxsatanxeveryxday, I agree "shortly after the Hotfix 2 update" should mean it'll be fixed soon, but for some reason, I'm feeling skeptical

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

My most recent ticket response, sent four days ago:

"Hello again, Thank you for your continued understanding. We’re still working on your case to the best of our abilities. We may be taking some more time to finish the investigation, but we’ll be getting in touch with you just as soon as we have additional findings. Again, thank you for your effort and comprehension, it is of great value for us and great help to our investigation. Kind regards, The Dead by Daylight Team"

@lostlocker Yeah. Well, we'll see. We're still in the "shortly" window, so. Maybe after the BBQ event is when they're planning to drop the fix. Fingers crossed.

@xrayatom That's an interesting response. Characters were still missing from me earlier today. I'll check again now.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

Yup. Still missing.

I paid money for those characters. This is getting pretty frustrating.

• pjwolfcry
    pjwolfcry Member Posts: 2
    Options

the 7.1.2a patch today:

Bug Fixes

• Steam and EGS: Fixed an issue that caused Stadia owned entitlements to be no longer available since the 7.1.0 release

Everybody check your stuff! All of mine is there.

Thank you to the developer team for recognizing this issue and working on it, for real. :)

• lostlocker
    Options

fixed also, thanks

• xrayatom
    Options

Yep. All good now with the fix! Thanks for your help!

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

Fixed for me. Thanks, guys. I was freaking out about this

This discussion has been closed.