A change to Freddy Krueger that would make him UNIQUE

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Since in the movies the survivor who entered freddy's nightmares, the only one who saw that person was Freddy and those who were in the same realm of dreams as Freddy, so taking this into account here the change that would be:

Now the points of my idea of power is:

• Only the sleeping survivors will be able to see freddy
  • Freddy will be able to see all the survivors (awake and asleep)
  • Freddy will be able to sleep the survivors again to send them to his world with an animation (with his hand)
  • Survivors will be able to enter Freddy's world (fall asleep) if they interact with a CLOCK (appear in the real world), since if they are not in the world of dreams they will not be able to help their teammates.
  • The survivors that enter the WORLD OF DREAMS, can only be awakened by a hit from freddy or after being hung on a hook.
  • If freddy manages to hit a sleeping survivor, he will wake him up immediately and this survivor will stop seeing Freddy.
  • Freddy can tp a SLEEPING survivor in his world or GENERATORS (with CD)
  • Freddy will get more power if he has more survivors in his world.

Things to keep in mind:

• This power is somewhat related to the previous one since it had points of the real essence of Freddy, a being that could only be seen in the worlds of dreams
  • On the part of the survivors, this power will make them have to work together, because if you want to help your partner who is asleep, you must look for a clock to enter FREDDY's world and look for it to heal it and you will NO LONGER be able to wake up until you are hit or hung on a hook.

What do u think? I think Freddy needs to be what he was before but with some new tricks. Hope to see a big power upgrade soon.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I like it thematically but, correct me if I’m wrong, the gist of this is Kruger is basically invisible and able to hit survivors while invisible. There’s a reason Wraith can’t do that. It would need some sort of counter other than a random other person doing a side quest to help you, or the killer injuring/hooking you.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    edited August 2023
    Options

he gotta make the survivor fall asleep first, if it works like old freedy, you have a chance to run before falling asleep

also, I would keep the clock to wake up.

Post edited by Alice_pbg on
  • GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 456
    edited August 2023
    Options

I think giving him access to dream pallets along with snares would help a lot, he is currently sadly very predictable and boring.

Also make him able to summon things like fake breakable walls, fake totems (including hex) and perhaps even fake vaults.

Also remove or rework the waking up part entirely, it should be a temporary relieve and not the default. Make everyone start in the dream world and remove the ability to wake up by any other means other than clocks which should get a CD after getting to sleep so survivors would need to do so strategically, say for an unhook.

Not sure if that would make him viable but it would surely make him atleast a lot more fun to play and go against, and we can always buff him later.

Post edited by GroßusSchmiedus on
  • biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 646
    Options

Just give him the Dream Pallets at base and I think he'd be in a much better spot.

• oreoslurpee
    oreoslurpee Member Posts: 283
    Options

as a dedicated freddy main, no. this just seems like he would be absolutely broken both inside sleep and outside of it xD

in all honesty, he just needs some QoL buffs and actual meaningful changes, most likely an add on pass as well as his addons literally suck. in my opinion, these are the changes i would give him

• Holding the Snare button no longer has a speed penalty (speed increased from 4.0m/s -> 4.6m/s)
    • Now has basekit Dream Pallets combined with Snares. Both work the same as usual, press M2 to spawn a dream pallet and hold M2 without looking at an empty pallet to use your Snare. Will be the first killer to have multiple charges on both the top left and top right corner of the killers power icon, showed as below

and as for the addon pass, with those 2 changes in mind..

• Garden Rake: Grants 10 Dream Pallet Tokens instead of 7. Aura reveal works on any Dream Trap
    • Prototype Claws: Grants 7 Dream Snares Tokens instead of 5. Aura reveal works on any Dream Trap
    • Paint Thinner: Grants 10 Dream Pallet Tokens instead of 7. Aura reveal works on any Dream Trap
    • Jump Rope: Survivor's Grunts Of Pain and Footsteps are 50% louder in the dream world
    • Unicorn Block: Added effect. Survivor's who activate a Dream Trap now also has their aura revealed to The Nightmare for 3 seconds
    • Swing Chains: Brand new effect. Survivors who successfully escape the Dream World by using an Alarm Clock or failing a skill check has their aura revealed to The Nightmare for 5 seconds
    • Pill Bottle: Has an added effect. Reduces The Nightmare's Glimpse duration and cooldown by 1 second
    • Black Box: Added effect. Now forces all survivors into the Dream World

as for the addon changes, some may not be needed, but the speed penalty for holding snares removal and the dream pallet being basekit with dream snares should put him in a better spot than he is now and they should 100% be added. the addon changes i suggested are again suggestions, and dont have to be taken into consideration

• Th3Nightmare
    edited August 2023
    Options

This Freddy only CAN hit sleeping survivors. As freddy you can send them directly to the world of dreams with an animation and after X seconds they will enter your world so you can give them a HIT, after giving them a hit, they will wake up, so you must do the animation again to send them to the world of dreams dreams.

Another part is that they "survivors" can decide to enter the world directly, interacting with the clocks.

Obviously, when you freddy up the sleep animation, you slow down, giving survivors room to react since they don't see you while they're NOT in your world.

• Th3Nightmare
    Options

I've thought a lot, but since if FREDDY hits you, it wakes you up, I put the CLOCKS as a source to DECIDE if the survivors want to GO directly into the world and help their sleeping teammates.

• Th3Nightmare
    Options

I think that the current Freddy Krueger loses the TOTAL essence of what Freddy is, personally, if I were a developer, I would investigate another way to do it as FAIR as possible but still what it was BEFORE, because the old one was Freddy Krueger.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,913
    edited August 2023
    Options

they did say that freddy will get some changes. i think they should take some of old freddy parts and some of new freddy parts and put them together.

laughs at old spirit

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

It might not be so bad if he can’t hit survivors who are awake. If he can’t just instantly put them to sleep after they have woken up then it could be ok. He was kinda broken at launch when he did similar things which was why he was ultimately nerfed to what he is today.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Freddy was never broken.

He was only nerfed because of the free weekend around his release. People who didn't know a thing about the game were around, and Freddy was extremely popular.

If the devs knew not to listen to people with less than 3 hours of gameplay, all would've been avoided.