Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Bot Priorities REALLY need tuning.

SlowLoris
SlowLoris Member Posts: 288
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is just a small video I made earlier, because it actually cracked me up how silly the situation was.

As of right now, the bots are more of a hindrance, except for two things.

1. Getting Unhooked
  2. They're at a safe loop and can wall hack.

In the video I mention Kate missing 3 skill checks on second hook. I mention this, because it led to her DYING. We could have just barely won this game, if the bot didn't die. At most people miss like 1 of those skill checks. Why are the bots even able to miss those skill checks? I understand missing a gen skill check, or hyperfocus could be insane, etc.

But the bots should not miss 2nd hook skill checks.

Edit to this: If there are two people remaining in the game, a real person and a bot on hook, please make the bots smart enough to miss two skill checks in a row to give the real person an escape chance. I've had multiple games where the killer slugged the bot almost to bleed out, then hooked them at like 5% left, so they'd stay alive on hook for almost their entire 1 or 2 hook stages giving them all that time to locate the final player. They should know to take their 3 attempts if on first hook, and miss 2 skill checks immediately.

Priorities - They need to prioritize the needs of real players over their own.

If she helped me heal Nancy, I might have been able to get nearby and take a hit or save Maria. Or if she just healed Nancy alone, so I could go protect our REAL teammate.

They are horrible at using killer items appropriately. Like, I get with Nemesis, they probably should prioritize letting real players have the vaccines, but in my Wesker game Jeff NEVER sprayed himself. The entire match. Then when he'd get one shot and get unhooked, he'd go corner and self care through Gift of Pain Sloppy.

Is it possible to have a priority system in place : Unhook/heal real teammate --> spray self --> do gen --> allow heal if injured / heal any teammates that come nearby --> do gen --> get unhooks as they are needed --> do gen?

I don't have a clip of it, but I literally had a bot run up to me injured on the final gen at 70%, they had ADRENALINE, and instead of helping, they bagged next to me a few times, stared at me, ran off into the ether in annoyance, and I just barely finished the gen, their Adrenaline popped and I died to NOED, because I had to commit to the gen alone.

Their pathing seems so hit or miss. On some maps they are good at finding loops and hugging them safely. I.E Gideon Meat Plant, etc. They know their spacing and can't be mind gamed, so they have to just have W held after them, that's fine. But on maps like Cowshed, I don't mean to sound rude, but....they're so....stupid. I chased a Felix bot out of interest and he Shift W past 3 very strong pallets, ignoring his safety for distance. I don't know if it was because the player had Made For This and he thought it made sense, or...honestly I have no idea.

As of right now they're just free Pop/PainRes/STBFLstacks for the killer. Speaking of STBFL, the bots can't be told it exists, so they just kind of need to know. Like, they need to know that they occasionally need to get in the way, because it's just free roam on the entire team with an 8 stack of STBFL killer.

Lastly, end game, they insta-pop the gate, miffing over the other 3 players if someone is on hook / needs save, etc and they just leave them. Like, even if the A.I can't be strong enough to help with the save, can they at least have the ability to go find the two real players and make sure they're healed, so THEY can go save, before they leave? Or if the killer is chasing one of them, cant he bot go unhook even in EGC?

Either way, bots are a very welcome addition to the game, but they needs some priority tweaks, BADLY.

Comments

• SlowLoris

It's actually hilarious that shortly after posting this I was able to get a perfect example of how Bots interact with Wesker.

Again, I appreciate that we have bots now. Unfortunately, most people just go next on hook to avoid the D/C penalty since it starts at 5 minutes and even then, I'm not sure if that's a bad thing, because at least they aren't free pressure for the killer. Most games I'm in the killer hard tunnels the bot out anyway, which doesn't take long, so it's essentially a 3v1.

I worry that the solution will end up being not allowing KOBES without Deli or Slippery Meat, and I hope that isn't it. Or at the very least, if it is, allow it when there is already one survivor slugged besides the hooked survivor, in case someone needs to Kobe, because they can see obvious snowball about to happen + allow it right before second hook in case someone isn't going to make it in time.

Obviously bots are rather new and these aren't the only insane things I've seen them do, but I can upload many more if you want to see them.

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203

They definitely need work. I basically just unhook them and that's it. I do not interact with them in any other way. I don't do gens with them, nothing. They fail way too many skill checks. I like to think of them as cannon fodder for the killer but there have been times where the bot opened the door and royally screwed everyone. So I'm not really sure anymore. If they are on second I don't even bother saving because they will most likely miss the checks before I get there.

• SlowLoris

Yup, exactly. If anything right now they are a hindrance in a lot of situations. End Game --> Clutch Gen Finish --> 2nd Hook.

Like, again, I realize you guys want realism, but the average decent survivor doesn't miss almost any skill checks. I only miss them if I'm talking to my chat, or it's a skill check build. Can they just NOT miss 2nd hook skill checks - unless it's just them and one living survivor left, so they know to die and the real person has a chance to live. When it comes to gen skill checks massively lowering how much they miss UNLESS running Hyperfocus is really needed. It's nutty how many they'll miss at the worst times. They even miss healing skill checks, or stop mid heal if there is even a HINT of TR. Or, they don't have certain logic, like 95% healed with sloppy and the killer is approaching? They'll let go and run away healing the death hook survivor. If they finish the heal, and take a hit, because they haven't been hooked, both get away fine, but they don't know to commit in LOGICAL situations. Like, some sort of A (5% left of a sloppy heal to finish on a death hook survivor) > (avoiding injury when you haven't been hooked)

Perhaps end game teach them to 99 and exit gate if there are living / hooked survivors. (Heal injured teammates then wait by door to open it when a teammate gets within a certain range) > (insta open and leave)

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

They also miss a lot of skillchecks on gens making impossible to complete with them on same gen.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,481

Thank you so much for making this post. They become a hindrance more than help. They are in a constant dilemma about what to do and miss all skill checks. 😭

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

Yet in some areas they're better than real players. Especially against stealth killers, who cannot sneak up on a bot, because they constantly ping the killers location in real time.

It feels like these 'bad decisions' are one of the things keeping them balanced.

• SlowLoris

Bad decisions shouldn't be balance. They should be balanced to be fair, but not broken. Half the time their pathing is horrendous and they're an easy down if you just hold W after them. Although, I do agree, they should be affected by Undetectable / Oblivious