Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Skill check perk idea - want feedback

sharpef3rn
sharpef3rn Member Posts: 111
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

So I was randomly thinking of perks and thought of this idea and wanted peoples opinions.

Its All Skill-

• You no longer receive skill check at random intervals. Instead while this perk is active, when doing an action that would have the possibility for a skill check for at least one second, receive a skill check. Then this perk goes on cooldown for 15 seconds.

It would allow for consistency with skill checks for those who struggle but really couldn't be abused to my knowledge. You get roughly the same amount of skill checks you would on a gen, 6 checks and wouldn't be able to be used with hyperfocus effectively because you could never get full stacks. The only perk combo I could see it being used with is autodidact but even then you just get one skill check per heal, and 2 on the first heal. the same as normal only more consistent and still less than expected for 2 perk slots. I think it would make a good beginner perk to learn skill checks but not really be used at higher levels.

What do people think?

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,173

it would probably better to invent a perk that increases the odds of healing skill-checks by x%.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

It seems like a good perk for teaching new players how to hit skillchecks. Maybe showing the timer for the skillcheck to appear would help?

I am not sure if it should be a perk though, as it would be completely worthless/detrimental for non-new players. Maybe a setting?