Error code 502 every time, impossible to get into a match

Options
sleepy_knight
sleepy_knight Member Posts: 112
edited August 2023 in Bug Reporting

I'm getting the above error message no matter what. I can get into a lobby just fine, offerings show up, game starts loading. It takes a bit longer than usual and then I'm kicked with the error. Doesn't seem to count as a DC but I want to play, please :c

edit: platform is steam

11 votes

Fixed · Last Updated

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,062
    edited August 2023
    Options

I am affected by this on Xbox One, but not every time.

Is it possible that if someone who is affected by this 100% of the time joins the same lobby as me then they will cause the match to cancel altogether becasue of 502? 😔

• Harbinger1985
    Harbinger1985 Member Posts: 58
    Options

Same here, tried 2-3 matches, but same error. Platform Epic.

Possible server maintance?

• sleepy_knight
    sleepy_knight Member Posts: 112
    Options

Okay, so I think it may have been a temporary server issue. After 6 tries, I got in and managed to play 3 rounds since then. No issue so far. Maybe too many people wanted to try the new dlc.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

platform steam: 3 out of my 5 attempts to play today have been met with this error. Glad I am not alone.

• yes_hello
    yes_hello Member Posts: 138
    Options

It will continue to happen, trust me. I had one successful match 10 minutes ago, and just got kicked from a lobby due to the servers.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 549
    Options

yea, me and my friends are having the same issue.

• Lobos
    Lobos Member Posts: 212
    Options

Same problem for me on Xbox Series S too. Error code 502..

The lobbies are fine, it shows the offerings, the game loading bar fills up and then it crashes right before the trial is supposed to start.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Post edited by Nirgendwohin on
  • elyampedup88
    elyampedup88 Member Posts: 19
    Options

It keeps happening to me on ps4 as well. I've played 2 matches but the other 3 are with that code

• neuromances
    neuromances Member Posts: 22
    Options

+1. But I've been playing surivor all day as Ripley with no problem As soon as I switched to killer to try and play Alien after work started getting this error, and it's happened five matches in a row. PC/Steam.

• NOTD4NDY
    NOTD4NDY Member Posts: 1
    Options

The error code 502 is still interfering, it was completely fine for 2 games and then now i cant get into any.. Does anyone know the cause?

• albert_pain
    albert_pain Member Posts: 42
    Options

This is happening on all platforms. With me this is happening on PS5.

It seems that is releated with some maps like RPD, Garden of joy, and anothers. Every time that this maps are loaded the match was canceled like this.

• JollyStrangler
    JollyStrangler Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hello all!

Thank you all so much for reporting this issue and providing as many details as you did.

This error should now be resolved!

• Shane1510
    Shane1510 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same error that people are having for joining a match. And on the xenomorph model, there is a white small texture issue on the right side of its head. I don’t know if it’s just me, or it is everyone else that sees the white texture issue for the xenomorph.

platform: PlayStation 4

• katikat8321
    katikat8321 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Im still having the same issue, error code 502. Could not play last night and still cant join a match now. No matter my offering, match is cancelled.