Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Alien is Broken Killer. Fix or our entire team stops playing.

2»

Comments

• Frumpbeard
    Frumpbeard Member Posts: 51

So Legion except you can only hit one person with no deep wound.

• Frumpbeard

Nemesis has his view locked vertically and the tentacle goes out at a set height. Xeno has its view locked horizontally but has complete vertical freedom of movement, which lets it snipe the greasy scalps of Survivors over obstacles.

• Frumpbeard

Everything you described sounds really pathetic and weak compared to Plague with her power. 1.5s cooldown and 0.375-1.5s charge time, only a tiny slowdown when charging, firing, and recovering, AoE ranged ability that can shoot up and over high walls, she can just aim in the general direction of your team and shake her head around while firing to damage everyone at once. And yet, she's only ever received buffs, and nobody thinks she's S-tier.

• Frumpbeard

If you are winning every match with them then you're just playing against bad Survivors.

• Frumpbeard
    edited September 2023

So you're saying Xeno should have to be exactly 4.8m away to hit anything with its tail? It's a melee attack. That's like complaining about "I was holding my gun up in the way how did he knife me" in an FPS. Nemesis' tentacle does the same thing despite it "just being the side of a tentacle lightly touching me on the back". Lunges do the same thing. If you had to have millimeter precision to hit something at point-blank range when the Survivors have flame turrets to disable it then Xeno would go straight to F-tier, which I'm sure you'd have no problem playing against. Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen the tail bend upon hitting someone.

• Frumpbeard

They did the opposite. Everyone complained about him being too weak instead, making post after post whining about how they couldn't get any wins.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,019

Hmm. Last I checked DbD isn't an airport, so no need to announce your departure.

Seriously though, you should learn to adapt to a new killer, rather than complain about it. If you and your team want to quit over one single killer that you don't like, then the issue isn't with the killer.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

1, plague does not have her power available 90% of the match. In fact meta play against her is to not cleanse so she exactly does not have her power. Being injured is preferable.

2, her power needs long charging and her puke is slow. Hitting over obstacles is hard. You can even often dodge her on reaction (depending how well she shoots).

Xeno hits almost immediatelly and his tail is hit-scan, his miss CD is not punishing at all, has his power on almost all the time, can recharge it quickly, has better map traversal and tracking and can hit over obstacles.

Comparing plague to xeno is funny. They are nothing alike.

• Frumpbeard

I've seen Plague wipe out entire teams in the first minute of the match with the starting fountain and Discordance or Lethal Pursuer. And she can bring two apples for two more starting fountains.

0.375s for the minimum charge isn't that long, and Xeno does have a 0.2s windup. Also she can hold the vomit in her mouth while moving at 110% then choose to vomit when she wants without warning. The vomit is slow but it's a spray so you can flick your head back and forth to hit in a cone.

If you're in a loop with Hag, she can place a trap, chase you into the trap, then instantly teleport and hit you guaranteed.

The point is that these Killers are not considered overpowered even with add-ons.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

But you see - I consider plague fair exactly because she has her power limited, because she has double the windup time and because she is slowed down when holding the power. There are very clear counterplays (like short rock loop is POG against plague). It's not just about killer screwing up with his ability.

When plague wins in first minute - then good for plague and skill issue on survivor's side.

Sure, Xeno basically can't do that in 1 minute if survivors don't try to loose that quickly. But playing against Xeno feels like being a bot - you don't play and it's all about if killer learns his hits over all the obstacles in game.

• CreepyB4by
    CreepyB4by Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2023

Yeah, bc it's so strange that the killer he requested 2 years ago would be OP.

Or are you suggesting that 2 years is too short of a time to change one's mind?

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • CreepyB4by
    CreepyB4by Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2023

The Alien IS OP.

There are only so many flame turrets and most of the aliens will just charge into them standing up when they see them and then crouch into their power. It takes too long to set up another one and if the alien is in the power for the chase, it's almost impossible to outrun him.

Also, as I mentioned, the turrets will run out. Eventually there will be no more if they keep getting set up and then there's nothing that can be done.

He's not OP? Maybe if you're running with a full SWF, but for everyone else he's OP. There's a reason why all the streamers playing him are talking about going on 4k streaks ranging from 10 to 100 games.

I get that some of you guys want to flex, but you should be honest. There's not point in you entering the conversation if you can't at least be honest.

Picture this: You set up the flame turret, alien comes, knocks it down, gets in his power and chases you. You run to a pallet. If you throw the pallet, he will hit you with his tail. If you don't throw the pallet, he will hit you with his tail halfway around the loop.

That's exactly why they nerfed PyramidHead. If no counterplay at the pallet made him OP then it makes the alien OP, too. OBVIOUSLY.

Compare him to deathslinger? Alien doesn't need to reel the survivors in or reload the tail. Huntress? He doesn't need to get more hatchets. He can hit over the pallet, over the window, through a gap. Like many killers in DBD, he's overtuned on his release.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

He is in-fact OP, plain and simple.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,027

Feedback is always appreciated, but let's remember to keep it civil and respectful, please.

Whether toward another user, toward BHVR and the Development Team, etc; civil and constructive posts to convey your feedback is always best. And as always, people will always have varying opinions, and that's always ok! Just remember to please keep it respectful, and agree to disagree if common ground is not possible to find.

This discussion has been closed.