We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Buried Underground Challenge Bugged.

Options
Eareland
Eareland Member Posts: 234

It's probably bug which affects basement hook challenges, because other peeps did reports regarding basement challenges being bugged.

• Platform

PC (Steam)

• Description of the issue

Cannot get progress in "Buried Underground" challenge, because game isn't counting basement hooks. Tried this on 2 different matches, restarted the game too. Didn't work.

• Steps to reproduce (if possible)

-

• How often does this occur

Everytime.

47 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Pumayito
    Pumayito Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2023
    Options

Same, 3 different matches, I already did like 4 basement hooks and got no progress

Post edited by Pumayito on
  • sharpef3rn
    sharpef3rn Member Posts: 108
    Options

Same, 2 matches first on Toba Landing with four basement hooks second on Ormond with two. Both times were Myers and I did take monsterous shrine. But I am going to try a try another daily as Artist without Monsterous.

• Caruto_san
    Caruto_san Member Posts: 16
    Options

I'm glad it's not just me! I played several matches to get this and even used Scourge: Monstrous Shrine to trigger it but I have yet to get any progress on it.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,042
    Options

3 basement hooks, 0 progress.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 228
    Options

year this challenge is buggy. I hooked three survivor in one game in the basement but the game did not count it for the challenge. Today was the same issue.

This is really annoying and hopefully the devs will fix this issue

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 656
    Options

I swear basement hook challenges break every few updates.

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 447
    Options

Oh I hear all your pain! I completed the challenge in one game, altrustic players, and it didn't count it. Now I just played a game as Alien and I hooked at least 4 in the basement, could have been 1 or 2 more, and the game didn't count them towards the challenge. Very frustrating.

• SpiritMyBeloved69420
    Options

The curse of the buggy basement has reared its ugly head once again😭

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

Same I play on PS4. I legit hooked two survs to death in McMillian and no progress. Have also done it in Ormond and Dvarka. Seems like an every map problem lol.

• Claudiu0933
    Claudiu0933 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Just killed all survivors on basement hooks . Please fix your game BHVR !

• smkdesigns
    smkdesigns Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

Had this same issue did it like 4 to 5 different times, only map got it to do it on is rpd and I'm on the ps4.

• Zakon05
    Zakon05 Member Posts: 113
    Options

Ran into the same issue. No progress across 3 separate games. Even tried to force the issue by playing basement bubba, and despite getting a 4k in the basement, 0 progress.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,038
    Options

Can confirm this on PS5

Tome 1 - Tier 3 - Buried Underground

Seems all tomes tracking for basement hooks are affected.

• nicoabtl
    nicoabtl Member Posts: 3
    Options

Had the same problem Tome 6 Buried Underground. It did work on RPD.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

Same here. Had a match were one hook counted, but couldnt get progress before or later.

• Sabzi
    Sabzi Member Posts: 3
    Options

Played a match on borgo, hooked 6 times in the basement, 0 count. The ingame counter didn't show up either.

Hooked once on Shelter woods, no counter.

Also, there's thread after thread when searching for "buried underground dbd" that go back 3 years with the same issues. Kind of insane. Just remove basement hook challanges if you can't figure this bug out in 3 years please.

• JSteveIsMeTTV
    JSteveIsMeTTV Member Posts: 27
    Options

Can confirm even after today's update/patch, the glitch is still in effect. I was on Haddonfield and only got two basement hooks. Wasn't really trying too hard, but was shooketh to see no progress whatsoever

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

Just experienced this bug as well. Got 4 - 6 basement hooks with the challenge selected and received no progress. Was playing Deathslinger on Disturbed Ward using 3 Scourge Hook perks, including Monstrous Shrine.

• NaveR
    NaveR Member Posts: 27
    Options

Same; mother's dwelling, was playing nemi. No progress notification, no progress after the match.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Have hooked well over 10 survivors on basement, nothing.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,487
    Options

BHVR knows it's bugged but keeps putting the same cut and paste challenge in every tome.

• tjwallis
    tjwallis Member Posts: 22
    Options

Can confirm that RPD works

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,211
    Options

anyone see this work on any other maps besides RPD? the killer I'm trying to use for it doesn't have RPD offering.

• luvcraft
    Options

great, so the only map where you can get this basement achievement is the one where nobody ever goes to the basement. fml.

• luvcraft
    Options

FINALLY got it at RCPD. Now let us never, ever speak of the RCPD basements again.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 287
    edited September 2023
    Options

I came here to report the same issue. I love how it's the map with the hardest basement locations that doesn't have the bug lol

• juicedup
    juicedup Member Posts: 8
    Options

i'm getting the issue aswell

• ghosti
    ghosti Member Posts: 3
    Options

I just had a game where I hooked 3 survivors in the basement and the challenge did not count any of them I’m a PS4 player.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Just reporting I have the issue as well: works on RPD, no where else.

• FD77V
    FD77V Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same problem, but I have somehow only got to do one more which is kindbof double annoying lok

• TheSpectre
    TheSpectre Member Posts: 49
    Options

Same here, didn't count yesterday on Farm maps yesterday and neither today on Crotus Prenn.

• Imagons
    Imagons Member Posts: 7
    Options

Same here, Tried on the new map (Alien DLC) and on Mount Ormond

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

Wondering if the Basement location has anything to do with this?

When people have gotten no progress is this in main building, or shack etc...

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

Lame.

Looked at the notes and no mention of it.

Lame.

• Gemini
    Gemini Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

same issue for me, ive tried it a few times with dredge and trapper and no success.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 781
    Options

Same issue here as well, with Flashlights being disabled I'm kind of stuck.

• lucidlux
    lucidlux Member Posts: 56
    Options

Still broken as of this morning, 0 credit for survivors hooked in basement.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

They never ever work. Once there was a buried underground that didn't work, after an update it started working. I thought that meant the others would work, nope. I figured new tomes would have the version that works, nope.

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 447
    Options

This is pathetic. They just released an update through which there SHOULD have been a fix for this, as it's been going on for some time now. Now I'm finding other challenges in the next chapter of the tome aren't working either. Very discouraging and infuriating.

• PuddlestheCorgi
    Options

WORKS ON RPD! Did multiple maps as Bubba - no dice. Went to RPD (via my offering) and got all 6. I never thought I'd say this, but...hurray for RPD!

• MakeThemScream
    MakeThemScream Member Posts: 55
    Options

I hooked survivors on borgo in the basement as cenobite and nothing was counted. Please fix this challenge from your current rift pass that people paid for.

• Zariva83
    Zariva83 Member Posts: 45
    Options

PS5, Freddy, Alien Map, 9 Basement hooks, none counted, as of September 29th 2023.

• Zariva83
    Zariva83 Member Posts: 45
    Options

I tried main, so the bug persists. Super annoying for people who paid for the rift and could use the challenge for easy progress. :/