Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - Character Disconnected from model after using blast mine

SmallCaterpillar
SmallCaterpillar Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Playing as survivor in a public match, I have experienced a strange glitch twice today where, after placing a blast mine immediately after standing up from a generator, my character model would remain in the generator fixing animation while I was controlling an invisible entity, who had the collision and interactibility of my character (ie: I could fix generators, open the exit gate, and be attacked by the killer). Being struck into dying state appeared to fix this bug.

Steps:

1) Open Dead By Daylight

2) Queue into public match as survivor

3) Start repairing a generator, continue until blast mine is active

4) Stand up from the generator, and immediately press the button to place a blast mine

Character: Ellen Ripley

Perks: Blast Mine, Kindred, Dramaturgy, Off The Record

Map: Father Campbell's Chapel, Badham Preschool (not sure which one)

Frequency: Infrequent (encountered twice over a few hours of play)

I have logs but the upload function is not allowing me to upload them. No screenshots or video but if I come across the glitch again, I'll reply and upload the footage

4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Jennuflect
    Jennuflect Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2023

I had a different issue with Blast Mine, but I’m curious if they might be related. You were setting the blast mine after letting go of the gen? I played about 10 games and I was only able to place one blast mine because I was never getting a prompt. The one I was able to place occurred when I stood up and missed a skillcheck.

Post edited by Jennuflect on
  • Lionheart778
    Lionheart778 Member Posts: 2

I had the exact same thing happen to me on mutliple characters, all with blast mine. I would get off the gen, and immediately press the button to activate the trap. The character model would then remain there, but my screen would follow an invisible character.

The killer would see it too, and even attacked the model, but it just goes right through.

I only returned to being visible when I returned to the character model, and began to fix the generator again. That seemed to fix the issue, at least for those matches.