Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Specific question regarding Scavenger

Jambienn
Jambienn Member Posts: 8
edited August 2023 in Ask the Community

Does anyone know exactly how/when the 50% reduction is applied?

For example, if I have a 120% speed increase toolbox which I use while affected by Scavenger's repair speed, would I end up doing the generator 60% faster (multiplicitively) or 70% faster (additively)?

Answers

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,277
    edited August 2023

70% faster i have tested this

p.s. use a commodius toolbox with scraps and yellow charge addon

Post edited by 09SHARKBOSS on
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703
    edited August 2023

Debuffs are multiplicative while bonuses are additive. So you'd have your default repair speed (1c/s) + the toolbox which you said is 120% (I'm assuming this is Engineer's Toolbox + Clean Rag?) (1.2c/s).

1 + 1.2 = 2.2c/s

Then it is reduced by 50% from Scavenger, or 2.2 * (1 - 0.5) = 1.1c/s. So your repair speed with the toolbox would only be 10% faster than normal during that time, since the penalty cuts into your toolbox bonus as well as your normal repair speed without the toolbox.

If I misunderstood which toolbox you were using let me know and I'll revise the calculation accordingly.

• Jambienn
    Jambienn Member Posts: 8

That really helps, thanks. The 120% was just an example.

You sound like you know alot about this, so another question, do you know the priority order for multiple buffs/debuffs?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

In most cases you have to add up buffs first, then apply debuffs multiplicatively on that total. I’ll make up an example.

Assume all perks are tier 3.

Let’s say you are using Self-Care, Botany, Desperate Measures, and Resilience. You want to use SC to heal yourself. The killer is using Dying Light with 2 tokens (and you are not the obsession so the penalty applies), and all 4 survivors are injured so Desperate Measures is at max strength.

First we add all the bonuses to your base healing speed of 1 charge per second (or 1c/s for short).

Base healing speed = 100%

Botany = +50%

DM (4 injured) = +56%

Resilience = +9%

1 + 0.5 + 0.56 + 0.09 = 2.15c/s

Next we factor in the debuffs.

Dying Light (2 tokens) = -6%

Self-Care = -65% (this is how you get its 35% healing speed)

These penalties would be combined multiplicatively by subtracting each of the above values from 1 and multiplying those values together, then multiplying the result by the value we obtained above from adding in the buffs.

2.15 * [(1 - 0.06) * (1 - 0.65)]

2.15 * [(0.94) * (0.35)]

2.15 * 0.329

0.70735c/s, or 70.735% healing speed.

To find the time required to heal we can divide the number of required charges, in this case 16, by the healing speed.

16 / 0.70735 = 22.62 seconds

The entire calculation together would look like this:

(1 + 0.5 + 0.56 + 0.09) * [(1 - 0.06) * (1 - 0.65)] = 0.70735

Hope that helps.