Flashlights need to be killswitched right now

Options

This literally makes the game unplayable for killer, every survivor can hide in the locker and not get hit, or if they do they just have self care equipped. Flashlights need to be turned off

Comments

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291
    edited September 2023
    Options

I don't think they can or should ban people for something that is a break on the devs side. It isn't like they've done something to their game client to get an advantage.

It's like the Blast Mine bug where you go out of body sometimes. Invisible and able to unhook and open gates. I didn't plan for it to happen but it was funny as hell.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited September 2023
    Options

But banning them is different story.

At least i never saw anyone banned for that.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    edited September 2023
    Options

I think back when there was bug for wall hacks BHVR said something about exploits being bannable but idk if there was actually any consequences (like always lol)

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited September 2023
    Options

Teaming with killer is also against rules and bannable and yet, non of my reports made them banned.

Except cheating, i don't think they are actually banning people.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,906
    edited September 2023
    Options

This is the first I've heard of this glitch. Makes me wonder about my game last night with a slugging killer. I jumped in the locker mid chase to force him to grab me as the game was dragging with being slugged, picked up, repeat. He stood outside the locker the whole time I was in it, and I thought we were having a stand off. Was it some sort of glitch?

Edit: I've looked it up, nothing to do with the glitch. It was just a stand off.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Wiccamanplays
    Wiccamanplays Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2023
    Options

Signal boost to this post. It's a really horrible exploit and it seems like a worrying number of Survivors are using it. Until this is fixed I'm not playing and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same, Killer is tough enough without invincible Survivors and I don't want to risk getting tunnelled out as Survivor because I'm the only one who can be targeted.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 385
    edited September 2023
    Options

Has this even been acknowledged by BHVR? I see nothing on their social media.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,414
    edited September 2023
    Options

BHVR is closed on the weekends. I assume action will be taken come Monday.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,989
    edited September 2023
    Options

Only if said exploit is officially recognised and announced as such.

Otherwise, you can't be banned for stumbling upon a bug or glitch.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,225
    edited September 2023
    Options

Surely that'd be a bad idea? You don't want more players to be aware of this glitch because BHVR paraded it around on social media.

Side note, I have no idea what this is actually referring to lol

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited September 2023
    Options

I understand your frustration but I kinda feel posting about it is a bad idea because doing so encourages more players to look it up and try it.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,637
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yeah was going to ask, what is this even? But then again when you bring attention to it bhvr has to fix it faster...

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,989
    edited September 2023
    Options

Maybe read my next post? And leave the attitude at home.

On principle, yes it should be punishable. But principles don't drive policies.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2023
    Options

What is this glitch?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited September 2023
    Options

There's a locker bug?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    edited September 2023
    Options

Not really a way to know if this can be bannable. USUALLY exploits are only bannable when the Devs acknowledge them and write a message ingame that it is bannable. And so far, if I am not mistaken, this only applied to the Bug where Legions Mending-Add Ons were bugged to stack so that it will result in huge mending times because it increased with every Frenzy-Hit.

However, most of the time exploits are related to Perks or Add Ons being bugged and the Devs give the benefit of the doubt. Nobody was banned for Nurse being ridicously fast with certain Add Ons, or when using bugged Bamboozle, bugged Merciless Storm, bugged Wake Up... Even tho many players were exploiting those Bugs and knew exactly what they were doing.

Furthermore, there is a difference between someone trying out the recent Glitch for one time and people doing it frequently.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    edited September 2023
    Options

Just run into match with duo crossplatform players (they were obviously duo and they had this in mind) who just right from the start using flashlight bug to enter lockers to make themselfs untargatable. You can't hit them or open the locker, they are inside the locker and self-care out of there if needed. They run around me and whenever you decided to chase them, they run to locker and hide there.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    edited September 2023
    Options

Okay, but the problem is I don't record or don't have any recording program to use while playing game since that just slows down the performence and such. It's kinda sad the in-game report for cheaters and exploiters don't rly do anything since you don't have evidence and I bet most players don't have as well.

Imagine if we had one day real replay system, if someone gets reported, the match is sended and can be checked if something for real happend... oh well. I quess nothing will happend to them. But thanks for answering.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yup it's bannable, don't worry if you doesn't record, just report those, devs can " review " the game still tho

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited September 2023
    Options

This glitch is doing my head in. I'm fed up of people cheating and holding games hostage like this. It is annoying for killers but also surv. Like I'm trying to play solo q but we're basically playing a man down because there's often someone abusing this glitch

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    edited September 2023
    Options

It is bannable but having videos is not usually useful as they go with streamer mode so you can't see their names.

Just be sure to report them ingame. I hope they get permaban althought I don't think so as I'm having this exploiters every game so if they permaban all of them the game will be in trouble in terms of numbers...

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,084
    edited September 2023
    Options

Bugs being bannable feels like it's always been wildly inconsistent

This seems like a situation where this bug would be bannable (you're never going to accidentally do this bug) but we can only guess as BHVR works in mysterious ways

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,338
    edited September 2023
    Options

It's mainly dependant on if you're breaking a rule in tandem by using a bug.

For example: Sitting in an area where the killer physically cannot reach you for an extended period of time (like here) would count as holding the game hostage.

I think that's the reasoning they used for the Infinite Mending Legion bug being bannable as well. The mend times were so long that it classed as a hostage situation.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited September 2023
    Options

Surprised they haven't killswitched the perk/item yet

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,276
    edited September 2023
    Options

Just had a game of all 4 people exploiting this. I thought it was map specific (haddonfield) but the fact that it is EVERY locker on EVERY map is horrible. Flashlights need to be killswitched

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

I ran in to a full squad running the overcome, self care, bite the bullet, and lucky break build. All with beams. They would all just vanish into lockers lol.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Post edited by Rizzo on
  • TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589
    edited September 2023
    Options

Every game there's a person doing the infamous exploit.

BHVR's reaction is silence.

Content makers keep putting that exploit in a spotlight, explicitly showing how to do it & doing it themselves.

Nuff`said

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    edited September 2023
    Options

It is weekend, BHVR is not working during the weekend.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 278
    Options

Wait so what is going on? I have yet to witness this?

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,276
    Options

People can walk into lockers and are unhittable or pickable by killers, basically if a swf abuses it, no one can get downed and they can infinitely hold the game hostage