Comments

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 278
    Options

Oh wow, yeah that's game breaking for sure. Thanks for the info

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

Is there any killer i can pick that can remotely counter this? or is killer completely unplayable

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,276
    Options

To my knowledge if the survivors know of the bug there is nothing you can do as a killer

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,734
    edited September 2023
    Options

As noted in the Game Rules, the definition of Exploits is as stated:

As with holding the game hostage (under the rules regarding Griefing), the in-game report is required to flag the player and match, and the Support Ticket is optional.

And as with reporting any rule violation, the player MUST be reported in-game, including those that are playing anonymously, as their information can be gathered by the ACMs.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291
    edited September 2023
    Options

If ever game, banned every person that used an exploit they discovered there would be a lot less people playing games.

It happens in every single game. It isn't going to cost the Devs of DBD any revenue as you aren't paying for a battle pass and I'm pretty sure no one is going to just stop playing the game over any bug that pops up.

Do you think every killer that gets a window hit right now because fast vaults are bugged should be banned for using an exploit? Same exact thing. It's an exploit due to an issue on the Devs side.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • the_honey_badger
    the_honey_badger Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2023
    Options

I understand where you're coming from, but I can't help but think the twitch streamers that show it off are way worse. Literally yesterday I had a streamer showing it off on stream. It's pretty unfun at this point

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    edited September 2023
    Options

Window vaults being bugged is not an exploit nor does bugged vaults prevent the game from ending. Do not defend this exploit.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    edited September 2023
    Options

I won't go into detail but it is possbile for survivors to glitch themselves into lockers using flashlights so that they cannot be hit or pulled out.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    edited September 2023
    Options

That would have been the case when the internet didn't exist. With it existing now it spreads like wild fire so trying to keep an exploit like that hidden is impossible given how it became very wide spread in less than a day.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Crowman
    edited September 2023
    Options

It's not like the devs can just push a button and the exploit is gone. They still have to find the issue and fix it which can take time. Then on top of that, the hotfix patch for this week is likely already set in stone so we likely won't see any fixes for it until the following week.

Plus it's the weekend, so unlikely anyone is working at BHVR right now to address it.

Situation sucks, but you can just take a break from playing and wait for them to either fix the issue or killswitch flashlights.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Crowman
    edited September 2023
    Options

It's Sunday. I don't expect anyone at bhvr to be around to killswitch it. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • JamieLee2k
    JamieLee2k Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2023
    Options

How do you report Cross players because there is no report button in game?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    edited September 2023
    Options

You have to press the hand / thumb icon, it's on the far right of the player name in the scoreboard. I think it might only be visible when you mouse over it or something.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,451
    edited September 2023
    Options

i'd love bhvr looks it up and sees there is a game breaking exploit going around because there is no acknowledgement yet.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,293
    edited September 2023
    Options

They need to just killswitch flashlights already. I know that sucks for those not using this exploit, but really. This is a game-breaking unfair exploit, and it needs to be dealt with in a clear and decisive manner until a patch is written. This is what the killswitch is supposed to be for. Who cares if a survivor can jump on top of a pallet? The devs do... they will killswitch a perk that lets it so why not killswitch flashlights?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 370
    edited September 2023
    Options

I'd wait until the weekend is over. This might have been dealt with sooner if they knew during the week.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • random1543
    random1543 Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2023
    Options

Nobody should be banned for devs mistakes. They are playing the game as installed. If anyone gets banned over this it'll be ridiculous when the devs can kill switch flashlights in a hour.

It's not up to the player base to not use glitches because you can't fix your game. The Fast vaults where technically a glitch, is everyone that did a mega fast vault before patch gonna be banned?

Is everyone playing xeno right now gonna be banned because cooldown glitch?

It should be kill switch by the devs you should not punish people who are playing the game as installed when the devs can just kill switch flashlights.

Example of the new tcm game. They aren't banning people for using xp bugs. They are fixing it.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • random1543
    edited September 2023
    Options

People who showcase it should be banned

People who hold the killer hostage should be banned

People that are just fooling around with it shouldn't be banned.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • random1543
    edited September 2023
    Options

Xeno can hold the game hostage by blocking hooks yet no kill switch.

Holding game hostage should be bannable

Advertising it should be bannable.

But people who are just using it to be goofy shouldn't be banned. It's up to devs to make sure there game isn't bugged. They could of kill switched flashlights as soon as this bug came to prevalence.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    edited September 2023
    Options

I'm sure they are working on a fix. It's probably their highest priority right now.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,387
    Options

We had stuff like legion and nurse moving lightspeed and little bugs like that. Sure you ran into them once every few games. Every killer game i see a person just sticking their head out of a locker. I get a odd sense of halarity from how they look. To annoyance because i have to leave them. Just had 2 survivors in the same game do it.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    edited September 2023
    Options

I was held hostage by a group that exploited this glitch earlier. Good times.

Makes you question, if you should play basement Bubba. Because apparently Bubba can hit people that use this glitch.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    edited September 2023
    Options

There is a build to support it now.

Its been more popular than MFT in my killer games today!

Looks like they reshuffled the meta!

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    edited September 2023
    Options

I was also held hostage by a SWF using this new tech.

Why don't they just temporarily remove flashlights?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,906
    edited September 2023
    Options

Maybe content creators. They're very quick to get new vids out these days.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • phyntho
    phyntho Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

Give us a timescale on how long its going to take to fix this game breaking bug. gonna take a day? a few days? a week? more?? TELL US.

Killswitch flashlights. disable them until the bug is fixed. there is no faster solution. you want killers for your survivor heavy player base to play against?? fix it and fix it now.

Show us the disciplinary actions taken against survivors exploiting this bug every match. I want to know who they are and what exact actions are taken to deter them from doing it or something similar again. show us once the bug is fixed how many people were banned for it. the lack of discipline and moderation of this game is kind of laughable. and if the players are banned or do have punishments, tag them with an exploiter tag so reports against them are resolved faster and other players know who in the lobby is an exploiting POS.

actively search out bugs and squash them before they ruin your game.

someone wake me up when the game is playable for killers again. 100% bloodpoint bonus on killers because nobody wants to play killer against bug exploiting teams isnt gonna fix sh!t behaviour. fix your damn game

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited September 2023
    Options

kinda glad I couldn't really get many games this weekend. seems like I dodged a bullet.

had an event to go and stuff.

I didn't see anything on the guys I usually watch. and the ones youtube recomends because I watch the other ones... (sunday is usually slow on uploads)

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

My guess is that the killswitch system doesn't do items. Which is a shame, because I agree that this is a really bad bug. But apparently people can also crawl under lockers when they're downed, so I'm not sure getting rid of flashlights would fix it either.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

Yeah I had one survivor crawl under locker I was cofused for moment but at least I was able to pick her up.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited September 2023
    Options

Flashlights need to be killswitched ASAP

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Hex_Maidenless
    Hex_Maidenless Member Posts: 112
    edited September 2023
    Options

Flashlights have been a mistake from the very beginning but it seems pretty clear they are unwilling or unable to backtrack on it as a concept.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Crowman
    edited September 2023
    Options

It's weird these people are risking getting banned just to as some payback towards a single killer that really doesn't see that widespread play.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • quelaag
    quelaag Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2023
    Options

I thought about placing this in bugs but since it's cheat rather than a bug (ETA: a commenter says they believe it's an exploit cheat rather than third party software, so LMK if I should move it) I thought maybe it should go here.

These survivors came into the match with seemingly only one of them using the cheat software/combo whatever it is. The most prominent cheater had For The People, and could run invincibly into a locker and simply crouch there. When their teammates got injured, they would run to the locker, the cheater with FTP would run out and instaheal them, then run back in invincible to heal up with self-care. The Ellen ragequit early when I caught her the second time before the Nea could heal her.

The others stayed. The Bill is more debatable - although he ran straight through an M1 to get a rescue on the cheater (who everyone had seen cheating at this point) and then fell after she was safe, so it wasn't just lag - and the Ellen slightly more uncertain than even that. But the Haddie player was 110% grouped and cheating with the Nea player. Every time she got injured and had some distance, she would run back to the Nea for the insta-heal. In the end I slugged her, and she crawled back to the Nea who was crouching inside the hitbox of a locker, obviously anticipating an insta-heal. But since I could keep the Nea in tier 3, she bled out.

Me being Doctor complicated things for them slightly because I could put the cheater(s) in Tier 3, but if I wanted to guard any gens of course I had to move. In retrospect I should have just picked up a book and sat in front of the locker the Nea player was 'inside' but I stepped away to look for hatch. The cheater, naturally, hopped out and instantly located and jumped into hatch.

I'm not sure if it's just cheat software or an exploit of a perk combo, but just in case i've shown the full perk display. Watch out.

ETA: although they ran in without a locker-entering animation and if you searched the locker you just saw them crouched, they WOULD sometimes - not always - exit the locker with a standard locker exiting animation.

ETA2: Reuploaded images with names removed

Post edited by quelaag on