Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Hybrid input (Analogue controller + Mouse/Keyboard) bug: first input consumed, action doesn't happen

Players that mix control input types (example, a hybrid setup of analogue controller + mouse/keyboard) have to deal with the game switching between two game interaction modes. The first "action" from a "different" control input will always be consumed to switch over to the input type instead of doing what the action is supposed to do.

===Example===

While moving using an analogue joystick, the first mouse click (left/right) or keyboard key (interaction button) will do nothing while the interface switches the text prompts over to the "other" control type. So running while trying to drop a flashbang will NOT work most of the time and requires players to let go of the controller then double tap the mouse button or keyboard button to drop the flashbang. Same issue with making a flashbang while inside a locker.

This can also happen if we're trying to drop a pallet while running around using an analogue controller then try to drop the pallet using a keyboard button or mouse button, which requires two clicks/presses to function.

===Affected setups===

Analogue Controller + Keyboard

Analogue Controller + Mouse

Analogue Controller + Mouse + Keyboard

===Tested and confirmed as a bug for these analogue controllers===

PS 5 controller via Steam Input

PS 5 controller via DS4Windows

Azeron Cyborg Compact (Software + firmware updated to 1.4.0).

===Should also affect these analogue controller types===

PS4 Controller

XBox Controllers

Any joystick type controller that supports analogue input

===Reproduction Steps===

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as a survivor in any match

Step 3 : Run around using an analogue controller for movement then try to drop a pallet or throw a flashbang using a mouse button or keyboard button without letting go of the joystick

Step 4 : Notice that pallets may require two presses to drop if the joystick is held down, or flashbangs will refuse to drop.

===Additional information===

Character played: any survivor

Perks played: Affects everything. Most obvious with FlashBang

Map: Any

Frequency of the issue: Always

DbD versions affected: Epic and Steam (both) on Windows

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• I too have this exact problem with the azeron cyborg when trying to use joystick and kb&m together. it constantly switches back and forth from controller to keyboard imputs.

Most namely trying to move around and reload as the Deathslinger. I have to hit LB if i want to reload instead of CTRL if I am moving.