Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ultimate Weapon is such a disgrace to promote sale

2»

Comments

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

Sounds like a rage post, you had an unlucky game just soak it up and move on.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

The times I have seen it didnt seem overly oppressive. Running alert to track the killer and keep my distance helped to avoid entering the tr while active. Most of the time it did catch me offguard the chase would begin at max distance or the killer still had to search area.

Its a good perk no doubt, but nothing that worries me.

• Yyys2ee3
    Yyys2ee3 Applicant Posts: 18

I mean you chose a build to see auras. No different to if the killer decides to bring an aura build themselves and faces distortion players. That's just how the game works, don't really see what you're trying to suggest or achieve with this argument. This perk is very strong but you are highlighting the one niche and quite frankly weak area of the perk so if you're arguing for a nerf this is not how to present said argument.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

You must hate Fearmonger too.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Considering Im a Huntress main who runs a full aura read build and yet 1 out of every 3 matches my build is completely countered by distortion I would say UW is beyond fair. 4 aura read perks yet I can't see 1-2 people every couple games for the first 4 minutes of each match. Seems fair.

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291

Distortion has limits though. Only has 3 charges and to recharge it you have to hang out in the terror radius. So if you are in a chase, that's great to recharge it but when doing gens or other objectives you can burn through 3 charges quickly.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

Bioshock 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. I try to play it at least once a year. Multi-player has been denied to me since I haven't been playing when it came out.

Glad you had a lot of fun with it though.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

MFT and UW were both added to drive sales and be at least somewhat broken to change the meta. You know it has to be deliberate for them both to have even made it out of the brainstorming phase.

One breaks the built-in movement management for both maps and killers. One makes it so survivors can be found, at least within a certain area, with no real mitigation.

One is behind a pay wall. The other was on the first sci-fi DLC which drove sales (even though it was a flop except for that perk), then was thrown on the Shrine for everyone to get (making it doubly intended to be available en masse).

I get that BHVR wants to shake-up/change the meta, but their methodology is psychotic. Every attempt to do this creates a worse meta than before, and pushes the game into being far more competitive than the "party game" they keep saying it is.

The old formula where trials lasted a while and you got to get in some good chases, had time to pop chests/totems, could do event stuff without throwing the match. Now it's just crush out gens or burn a survivor out asap or you've already lost the five minute match.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 453

The perk only gives the killer a rough indicator you can use this against the killer to distract an also waste huge amounts of time

If your good in chase take advantage of this perk get the killers attention

if you no good in chase or don't want to be found don't run around like a headless chicken as that will tell the killer were you are, walk an hide seen lot of people pull it off successfully at the very least even killer finds you they will waste precious time

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

I don't think it should move with killer, or reduce duration after first scream.

Fact that you keep it makes kinda broken on few killers. Probably most on Oni.

But it's first good killer perk in a long time and it's info perk, so I wouldn't be hard on it.

So what it counters some survivor perks? Survivors have perks to counter killer perks/powers. That's how it's suppose to be...

I will much rather get new slowdown perk, or make finally some good perk to apply exhaustion on survivors...

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited September 2023

You have to understand. What are going to do all those looping god pros without WoO hand holding them in chases so they can go from pallet to pallet? Blindness is the worst thing that they could happen to them, other than having that perk "only useful to new players" nerfed.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

Just replace blindness with oblivious, I really don't want soloQ unable to see the unhook, that is very unfair.

SoloQ don't need to see the terror radius, they'll be as good without.

• OneAutmLeaf
    OneAutmLeaf Member Posts: 102

Survivor Entitlement in its purest form right here....

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

"Windows is only used to learn maps and tell better players where unused pallets are. Really good players dobt use it"

I'm all for a perk that helps new players btw. I just feel it serves another function at this point.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258
    edited September 2023

There's nothing wrong with good perk that counters the other side. There however is a problem if such a perk is good even without the counter. Take distortion. All it does is counter killer's aura perks/addons and that's it. If killer does not have any aura perk, then the perk is absolutely useless. Similarly calm spirit - if killer does not have any ability to make you scream, you just wasted perk slot (for malus that makes no sense on the perk BTW). If killer takes shattered hope (sure enough, this one was weak even in boon era is it wasn't true counter, but that's for a different debate) and no survivor takes any boon, then that's a wasted perk slot.

And now if killer take UW and all 4 survivors have no aura reading perks of any kind, then killer still gets probably THE best tracking perk in the game. Do you see the problem here?

To be constructive... It would make sense to be strong counter perk (even keeping all the effects it currently has if survivor-to-enter-killer's-TR have ANY aura reading perk), or make it reasonable tracking perk (remove blindness effect altogether and nerf it so that other strong aura perks make sense - say darkness revealed or nowhere to hide to not be 100% outshined by UW)

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Acting like several killer perks haven't also been nerfed into oblivion in the past. Like Eruption, Call of Brine, Ruin, Overcharge, Pop Goes The Weasel, Pain Resonance, Thanataphobia, and Tinkerer. Just to name a few.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,982

remove pop and pain from that list, and overcharge is still better than the first iteration

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Pop was nerfed. The change from X% to X% of current progress is a huge deal. The only time it'll do as much damage to a gen as it used to is if that gen is at

Pain Res traded consistent value for burst damage. If you're struggling to catch certain players it cripples the value you get out of it.

OG Overcharge didn't have a period of time where gen regression is slower than is typical, and going from max 200% regression speed to max 130% regression speed is a gigantic nerf.

• Gandor

OG overcharge didn't have any extra regression just for gen being kicked. In fact if you could hit difficult skill checks, OG overcharge did exactly and precisely nothing.

• DaddyMyers_Mori

I would say nowhere to hide is on similar level to UW. It's really good perk.

Darkness revealed is not that good, so I definitely wouldn't balance around it. That's like nerfing exhaustion perks to Balance landing level. It just doesn't make sense.

Maybe buff some perks instead, for example Thwack doesn't need hooking requirement at all. That's way better perk to compare with UW.

You have issue with perk to have multiple effects? If I remember correctly you were defending MFT... just saying

• Gandor

I still think MfT is not that good - hence I never use it. It looks like my view on the thing is unique so let's leave it at that.

As for darkness revealed and balanced landing - I consider both perks very fine. Been using both of them and I consider both of them strong (actually when playing survivor BL is my go-to exhaustion should I decide to drop background player for less altruistic play). I think sprint/lither/nowhere to hide are really strong perks that are just fine the way they are. They don't need nerf, but are on a higher-end spectrum.

But UW from my point of view just does too much and not counting some specific cases (like nurse/huntress that actually benefit greatly from wallhacks instead of just finding survivors reliably, or killers that don't really have TR like ghostface/meyers/freddy). It's like why would I take any other tracking perk when UW exists? It's lethal pursuer for short time investment + perma location to all survivors that can't be blocked with meta-blocking perk for same perk slot investment. And that does not even factor in blindness status effect.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    edited September 2023

Blindness is just annoying part, it's random effect. That effect alone is just bad, no perk with blindness without other effects is considered even remotely good.

Blindness simply has to have other effect. It's useless otherwise.

What survivor even use more than 2 aura readings perks? Usually it's WoO, but with its usage %, it deserves to have a counter, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Only issue with UW is how you can move with it until you find all survivors, that makes it broken on few killers, but that can be nerfed without affecting most killers. You can make it UW disables after 5 seconds since first scream or something, then it's fine.

Locker bug is already fixed on PTB.

• Gandor

You would be surprised. I quite don't like fearmonger for unexpected reason - blindness actually disables the important part of my saboteur perk - auras. I carry toolbox for the speed and use saboteur to know where are the hooks without having to look for them beforehand (timing is everything in sabotages). Now comes UW that basically makes you up-to 50% (realistically 10-20% of game which is still a lot - especially if killer goes for lockers after down to prevent flash saves) of game blind.

Blindness does more then killer can realize (it's the same issue as zombies with Nemesis - you could swear as a killer they are always useless and sometimes they absolutely are, but the thing is you have no idea if/when they harass survivors out of gens and prolong the game considerably - you would still see them doing "nothing" from killer's point of view).

And then comes soloQ with empathy/bond/kindred...

Like don't get me wrong, most killer addons that make survivors blind are indeed useless, because their time is basically always too short or in wrong time (after hit = in chase = useless for everything but WoO). But that's not the case for UW.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

Ultimate weapon’s pick rate is still 4th place for killer tracking perks.

So we clearly still have many killers that think it’s valuable to bring other tracking perks.

• Gandor
    edited September 2023

It's new perk that is behind paywall. Give it some time.

I can tell from my games, that UW gives me BY FAR greatest value as tracking perk and this even does not take into account blindness effect that's on top of it. Like sure - as I already mentioned there are exceptions for some killers. But generally speaking? this one is by huge margin best tracking perk

• Coffeecrashing

I’m not sure why you refuse to recognize that many killers would rather have aura reading, because aura reading happens for multiple seconds at a time, and it doesn’t alert the survivor that they are being tracked.

Yes, ultimate weapon is a strong perk, but it doesn’t “completely overshadow” the other tracking perks.

• Gandor
    edited September 2023

Because what good does that do? You find your target anyway. As I said - I do understand when you are talking huntress/nurse, because they can directly convert aura to hit. But for most other killers auras = you find survivor. UW = you find survivors more often (30s to find with 30s cooldown is VERY generous), more reliably (search in whole moving TR for freaking 30s is probably most benevolent condition so far) and without meta counter (no distortion). What's so hard to understand in that one?

• Coffeecrashing

Because finding a survivor, and getting into a close ranged chase with a survivor, can be very different.

Survivors revealed by ultimate weapon will very often immediately run away and hide, and by the time you get to where they were during the scream reveal, they’ve already gone somewhere else to hide.

And many other killers understand this difference too, which is why aura reading perks are still more popular than ultimate weapon.

• Gandor
    edited September 2023

it's behind paywall. Give it time. UW is by far much better.

Also I don't get how you could have problem finding survivor. He either runs so you can track scratch marks or he doesn't and he must be very close to scream location. And I experienced it from both sides. This is just always the case.

• DaddyMyers_Mori

Aura reveal will always be better as an effect, because you get option to sneak up on survivors and it's more precise and longer duration. UW basically gives information to both sides. It also doesn't work on stealth killers.

From MFT we can see paywall is not an issue.

• Gandor
  • DaddyMyers_Mori

It's just funny to me, how you are going against your previous arguments.

With MFT you used lower pick rate as a proof it's not OP perk, but suddenly time is needed and paywall is an issue...

aura reveal > screaming

simple as that

• Gandor

Exactly because we saw with MfT, that it wasn't used a lot at the beginning (probably because people didn't have it) but then it ramped up. All I am saying is, let's wait and see if this repeats itself. I have a hunch it will, just because of how much utility this perk provided to me compared to any other tracking perk. Also wait and see means that after some time I can be wrong (again) :)

• dytkai
    dytkai Member Posts: 6

Please compare this unfair perk with BBQ and you will know how ridiculous it is.