Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A couple of buff ideas for weaker status effects

Some status effects are underutilized by players because they don't often add that much value, much like hemorrhage before it received the healing progress regression effect, and there are still a couple of effects that don't often get full value.

I've had a couple of ideas, whether balanced or not, who's to say, but I thought I would bring them up.

• Blindness: While removing the ability to read auras can be useful sometimes, especially against uncoordinated teams, once you use it against a team on comms, it doesn't really get to do anything. My buff idea, to add on top of the current effect is this: When a Player is inflicted with the Blindness effect, they cannot see any other Player outside of 32 meters. The 32 meter range could easily be altered, but the point is that it would effect both killers and survivors, making finding teammates and your opponents harder at a distance.
  • Oblivious: I am not certain if buffing this effect would make it far too much of a menace, but I thought I'd share my idea regardless. Perhaps Oblivious should prevent anyone afflicted with it to hear breathing and footsteps.

I hope these ideas are worth considering. 🙂

Comments

• Hanuka5
    Hanuka5 Member Posts: 141

Do you want to put your ideas on top of the existing effects or replace it?

Because i think the "blindness" effect of yours is weaker as the blindness we have atm.

• DesertYoshi
    DesertYoshi Member Posts: 24

You must have missed it, but it says:

My buff idea, to add on top of the current effect is this

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,481

The problem with the Blindness suggestion is "Once you use it against a team on comms, it doesn't really get to do anything." so let's make it even harder for solo players because it's not as effective on swf. :/

Everything in this game is less powerful if the survivor team has proper communication and aren't a bunch of randoms. Seeing where your hooked or downed teammate is very crucial for solo players with no communication. I don't think Blindness is undertuned, it's just underused when there are a bunch of other perks people prefer like gen regression perks. Plus Blindness is the only thing that counters the top picked perk: WoO.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    edited October 2023

Issue with your blindness idea is that it still won't do anything against good SWF teams. It would just hurt soloQ more, not really change to go for.