If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Iron Will rework suggestion

Options

Looking at Bite the Bullet, it's interesting how a complete lack of sound can make for tense deception plays by healing around terrain line of sight blockers during chase (with the caveat that you stop moving).

I don't use Iron Will all that much, but it seems that it's not that great at suppressing audio effects that the Killer can hear, given it's not completely silent. I also don't like that it's a passive effect when Injured (I like how Bite the Bullet is an active choice to make)

If Iron Will was complete audio suppression, IW would totally blow Bite the Bullet out of the water given it's always active with no requirement nor does it stop you from moving.

Maybe it can be reworked to fill in a new niche?

My suggested change would be:

Iron Will: After crouching without moving for 2s, Iron Will activates, suppressing Grunts of Pain by 50%/75%/100% until you move or stop crouching.

This can be used to crouch while Injured when you hear the Killers TR approaching you in an attempt to hide.

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

That wouldn’t necessarily be better than current IW since it would make it a lot harder to get any benefit from in chase. IW is completely fine the way it is imo

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    Options

The point is to shift it away from being a chase suppression of Grunts of pain into another playstyle (out of chase covert perk) with Bite The Bullet taking precedent for chase-based Grunts of Pain suppression.

Not make a duplicate or an overall better choice in chase.

IMO total passive removal of Grunts of pain isn't a good idea for a Perk. Grunts of pain give a lot of information of a Survivor's whereabouts in loops and when patrolling. Given that the Killer is playing off of that information (and 3d audio in general due to the 1st person camera limitations in loops regarding line of sight), the Perks should be more proactive in their use (effectiveness based on how and when the Perk itself is used), rather than reactive to the Killer messing up due to an absence of information.