Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hangman's trick numbers

I want someone to explain to me where the number was gotten from because I cannot understand it. Hangman's trick is 10m radius from scourge hooks. 10! Which means you have 4x100pi m^2 maximum of aura reading across the map. at random pockets. Possibly less if they are clustered. But literally every other aura reading perk is better, just better. Awakened Awareness gives you a moveable 448pi m^2 bubble of survivors close to you. Kindred gives 1-4 survivors a 256pi aura reading for the killer for the duration of the hook in addition to 100% bond range. Wiretap is a 196pi m^2 for all survivors for 90 seconds. No where to hide is a 576pi m^2 MOVABLE radius for 5, 7 seconds with lethal, just for kicking a gen. But a perk that is very RNG dependant, requires downing and carrying someone, has no way of extending the range, and if it was useful would be a healthy perk for the game because it would lead the killer to the next chase so they are not camping the hook. I just do not understand it. Like I don't think it needs to be a top tier perk I would just like it to be useful in a way. In my head I am thinking that 16m would make sense because thats kindred and its a killer perk which are 4x less available than survivor perks its only the duratation of the carry. Or at least putting it at 14 might make it on the same level as Awawa. If someone has insight on why this number was chosen or what it should be I am open to hear.

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,173

they were suppose to buff it to 12 meters but even at 12 meters, you get 4x120 pi. the perk would be better if they just reverted to normal perk and increased meters to 8 from 6.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472

It should get an actual perk effect, small numbers on a niche effect makes it see no usage whatsoever

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,958
    edited October 2023

2 extra scourge hooks seems like it'd give it some solid value. Better map reading in general, and fixes up bad scourge hook spawns.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,582

I'd be more than happy with a range of 10! metres.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,366

Hangmans trick was designed as an anti sabo perk and it kind of fails at that. Being a scourge perk it should also make sabos on those hooks take longer so it can actually function as an anti sabo perk on scourge hooks giving it an actual niche.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,582
    edited October 2023

Your math is off. With a range of 12 metres you'd get 4pi×144 m (about 1800 m^2). This isn't even that much considering how random scourge hooks tend to spawn. About 20% of this could overlap or reach outside the map.

I think it would be nice, if they reduced the range to 8 metres but gave it a side effect, that would give you 6 scourge hooks instead of the normal 2. This would also give it great synergy with other scourge hook perks.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,173

old iteration of the perk mainly focused two aspects. the first was that when you kill a survivor, the hook respawns after 30 seconds and other was that it made trapper's traps respawn 60 second if they got sabotaged. both features made very little sense. an item countering a killer power makes killer less desirable to play. hook breaking when you kill someone currently encourages you to slug. perhaps hook were meant to be some kind of precious resource. either way, they are outdated designs.

you are correct. monstrous shrine increases scourge hooks. these systems with special hooks just look like systems to self-nerf killer perks. I still don't see why any of these perks are scourge hook perks. they should just be normal effects. none of them are strong enough to be consider overwhelming strong. pain res was closest one and now it has token limit. they already have hex system and obsession system to "weaken perks" to make them less consistent. they used to have that for dead man switch where it was an obsession perk. to me, it seems they are unsure how rewarding to make killer perks. either that or they don't want killer perks to have any reward at all.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,479
    edited October 2023