Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Pain Res does nothing if Deadlock is blocking a gen

xLaWzZ
xLaWzZ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

Pain res is not hitting any gen if deadlock is up/blocking a gen now. Say there are 3 gens on the map with progress. One gets finished, and deadlock blocks the 2nd gen with progress. You down/hook and pain res a survivor. Pain res will not hit any gen, even unblocked gens now. If deadlock is active pain res does nothing, it hits no gens. Even unblocked gens. Pain res only works now if deadlock isn't active, which I feel is a bug.

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• scrunkly
    scrunkly Member Posts: 69
    edited October 2023

how is this a bug? this is how it originally worked, which is why players rarely ran pain res and deadlock together. if you want to run those perks together then you need to manage your pain res hooks to not use them when deadlock is up.

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 384

Pain Resonance is not supposed to work with Dead Lock...

Any generator block by entity never regress, that's how it's worked for years.

• xLaWzZ

I love it when people don't read. Read what I wrote! Pain res doesn't do anything to any generator. It should hit the UNBLOCKED gen with progress. It shouldn't hit the blocked gen, which it doesn't, this is good.. But it doesn't even hit other gens that have progress either.

As I said, 3 gens with progress. One gets done, one gets deadlocked, you pain res and it should hit the 3rd right? It isn't..

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,734
    edited October 2023

It should be hitting the next most progressed generator in this case (unless that generator is also blocked in which case it’d go to the next one). This is how it worked before the bug where it was hitting blocked gens. It’s not supposed to do nothing unless all unblocked generators have zero progress.

• scrunkly
    scrunkly Member Posts: 69

you should take your own advice. i wrote that the perks never originally worked together that way. imo, two strong gen regression perks not synchronizing is fair.

• xLaWzZ

That isn't how it worked before. It hit the next progressed unblocked gen scrunkly. I've been playing this game for 3 years, and before, it'd hit the gen with progress, if it was unblocked.

Now, if deadlock is up, pain res does nothing. It doesn't even hit a gen with progress that is unblocked. Which it should hit the gen with progress that is unblocked.

Now it just consumes a stack of pain res, does nothing, and wastes a pain res.

• xLaWzZ

Hope this gets fixed soon.