Became the Obsession mid-match for seemingly zero reason at all (possible Dramaturgy bug?)

Options
sizzlingmario4
sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,481

I'm attaching my log file and hopefully it helps because I don't really know for sure how this happened. I ran up to a teammate to unhook them and before unhooking them, I became the obsession. I was not using any perks that do this, nor was the killer using any perks that change the obsession.

I have one random idea that could have caused this but it's a total shot in the dark. I noticed this same issue happening during the Nick Cage PTB but then never saw it again so I assumed it was fixed, until now. One of my teammates was using Dramaturgy, which is his perk. My theory is my teammate with Dramaturgy activated it and got a Key in their hand with the Unique Wedding Ring addon, which decreases their obsession chance and therefore the game switched the obsession to me, but it should only be affecting the obsession choice at the start of the match and not switching it later. Just speculation though.

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,481
    Options

Just an update on this, I saw this happen again and I’m positive now that my theory with the Unique Wedding Ring addon and Dramaturgy is indeed what’s causing this since I saw that survivor holding a key after the obsession change (and they didn’t bring one into the trial). The Dramaturgy user doesn’t even have to be the original obsession either. As soon as it generates a key with that addon the obsession status will switch to a different survivor regardless of who it previously was, which this addon should not be doing at all after the start of the trial.

So, steps to reproduce as follows:

1. Have a survivor bring Dramaturgy and use it until they get a key with Unique Wedding Ring (could take several tries due to the random nature of the perk).
    2. This will cause an unintended obsession change.