Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

New Survivor Infinite against Scratched Mirror Tier 1 Michael Myers

FerrisBirb
FerrisBirb Member Posts: 5
edited October 2023 in Bug Reporting

I just got infinite looped by a Dwight in the corner of a Lery's reception desk by one of the exit gates. It was completely impossible to catch up to him and he ran me for like 10 minutes. I left and came back, and he was still sitting there, practically holding the game hostage. This corner was completely broken.

To top this off, survivors running both Made For This and Hope were able to completely outrun my SM Michael in the game and endgame. This is extremely broken.

Tier 1 Myers is 4.2 m/s. A survivor with Made For This and Hope is now 4.4 m/s in the endgame.

I was running the perks Save The Best for Last, Unrelenting, Dying Light, and Fire Up, and the addons Scratched Mirror and Boyfriend's Memo.

Post edited by Rizzo on
1 votes

Not a Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,011
    edited October 2023

What's the bug here?

Scratched Mirror isn't built for chasing. The entire point of the addon is ambushing; something has gone wrong if you're stuck trying to chase Survivors at a strong loop.

Even so, the only way you genuinely couldn't have caught up to them would be if the gates were powered and they had Hope (discounting any of the garbage obscure Haste perks you didn't mention). Survivors with MFT are not faster than Scratched Mirror (103% vs. 105). Survivors with Hope have been faster than Scratched Mirror since 2016. This isn't a bug; the addon deliberately sacrifices speed for the aura-reading capability. It's not a foolproof bargain.

This discussion has been closed.