Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Decisive Strike Buff Idea

For the next 7 s after the 3 s stun ends the killer cannot use his power

Comments

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    edited October 2023

I still would think this + 4 second stun since the animation takes a full second off would be ample enough

2 seconds simply does not do anything unless you are right next to a vault or God pallet

As it is, killers simply don't fear DS anymore

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,161

This is exactly what I suggested a few weeks ago. Sadly, BHVR won't do it, because they encourage camping and tunneling. They don't seem them as a problem, they see them as "valid strategies".

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 308

As a killer main who plays a lot of blight, I think just making ds trigger twice would be more effective

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

That is a bit overkill since unbreakable ds is still a thing.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,232

I've recommended this before, but what about 5s per gen remaining instead. That way it drops off in power as the match goes on. If a Killer wants to turbo-tunnel at 5 gens, they don't get power for a full 25s. If they are tunneling at the last possible moment before endgame, it lasts 5s (at 1 gen).

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

I don't think Killers would enjoy that change, like at all.

• WilliamSN
    WilliamSN Member Posts: 524

My problem with the "disable power" suggestions is that it would make no logical sense on over half the killers.

What would be the logic behind DS not letting killers like Slinger/huntress/trick/clown not be able to aim/throw their projectiles for 10 seconds?

Or demo/ xeno / legion not be able to use their M2, that are very similar to their M1s ?

Or how would you disable trappers power? Do you just prevent him from putting a new trap or disable already existing ones for 10s?

-----------

I'd be fine with buffing DS to 4-5 seconds, but it needs its offensive capabilities completely nuked.

The scenario where a killer tries to not tunnel, but gets bodyblocked by the basekit BT , decides to punish the block by waiting 10s just to end up getting DS'd by force, just ends up turning the perk from "anti tunnel" to a "get outta jail free" card.

(Tbh, basekit bt bodyblocks need to be adressed in general, being punished by anti tunnel mechanics when you're trying to not tunnel shouldn't be a thing.)

• mizark3

I've never been forced to tunnel. The closest is the rescuer hid like a coward, so I soaked a (currently meaningless) DS and carried on with the match. Whenever a rescuer makes themself known, I will chase them instead, because the previously hooked person gets to have more fun, but more importantly, the team wants to heal them so I get precious slowdown from a non-We'll Make It heal.

• Header

as if anyone is going to slug someone for a minute just to avoid a 3 second stun

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,481

What a terribly silly suggestion. I can already imagine how every match turns into endless bodyblocking and feeding me with DS by survivor who just got off the hook.

Not every killer is a Blight, if anything.

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 483

Yeah that's why they added base kit borrowed time and self unhook. Look at the state of the game before stating completely inaccurate info.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

While I do appreciate where this change is coming from and do agree with it to some extent, I don't think it's necessarily a good change. Mostly, I think it'd just be kinda messy and unevenly distributed, especially considering some killers have elements of their power that can't be disabled, or whose power functions in such a way that disabling their power's input won't actually matter if they're trying to tunnel someone - EG, Nemesis and his zombies in the first instance, or Trapper and Hag for their traps in the second instance.

This kind of suggestion, I feel, is often targeted largely at top tier killers like Nurse and Blight. What I'd sooner suggest myself, for those two killers specifically, is that stuns from any source drain their tokens and force them to recharge from 0, to give someone who successfully utilises a pallet or other form of stun some opportunity to make distance that they'd likely be lacking otherwise.

If more changes are required for more killers afterwards, the topic can easily be revisited, but I feel these suggestions are often made primarily with those two in mind, so I'd prefer to tackle that issue at its source first.

• DrDucky

Not if you are eating a ds twice in a row, thats a 6 second stun AND you had to chase and down the guy 2 separate times. unbreakable ds would come back.

• Callahan9116
    Callahan9116 Member Posts: 127

DS is useless, and it punishes killers for playing the game. If I tunnel its not a big deal to let someone sit on the ground 20 seconds to make sure its done after chase. Usually survivors try and help them so its fine

• Header

I mean it should trigger twice in total (once per unhook), meaning to eat both ds you would have to hard Tunnel the survivor

• DrDucky

Oh sorry I thought you meant twice after 1 unhook. Nah that's totally fine, I think especially at its current state it could easily trigger with both unhooks.

• mizark3

How can you be forced to pick someone up? Just walk past them or leave them slugged. If they want to voluntarily keep themselves slugged for a minute I'll take the free slowdown. If they go for a locker they aren't bodyblocking the rescuer.

• mizark3

Then nothing changed. You can still use it offensively. I never had any problems dealing with it as Killer because I understand that for non-Deliverance unhooks, there has to be a rescuer, which means a person without DS, which means I can give the Survivors a dead perk slot by simply ignoring them. Survivors never expect you to go for the rescuer! So that makes it all the more successful. It takes skill, but it is possible.

• mizark3

The fact that it is avoidable makes it impossible to avoid? I'm sure you must be confused or mistyped or something. It isn't like the Survivor player held a gun to the Killer player's head to force them to locker grab or tunnel and pick up. It is 100% avoidable in normal scenarios. The only time it isn't avoidable, is a Kobe/Deliverance as the last living Survivor as their teammates die on hook. At that point, close hatch to end DS, or slug for a minute and follow them on the ground.

• ABAEX
    ABAEX Member Posts: 195

what about slug 4 survivor 240s?

• mizark3

By sheer virtue of the possibility to force, you are saying it is impossible to avoid. Every method for the Killer required idiocy, or a lack of awareness. Especially since they can simply chase the rescuer. It isn't some herculean task to chase the rescuer, that is normal gameplay. They (the DS Surv) can force a bodyblock hit at worst, and the Killer can just leave them slugged. They voluntarily gave you ~24s of slowdown and a burning of UB that they no longer can use, or 32s and another person is forced to pick them up. That does nothing to prevent you from continuing the chase on the rescuer.

This is also all assuming the Killer never found someone else and intercepted their rescue attempt, or harried their gen. The level of hoops where a DS has to activate is like you expect Killers to afk 17m away from hook and immediately turbo-tunnel every match. That works in soloq only because you can't reject a hook rescue, and people try to farm a save for their points/perks/challenges.