About the Dredge

Hi BHVR,

So the Dredge has been in the game for a while now, well over a year (June 7, 2022). This killer is kind of a bother to play.

Some people will disagree with me when they say Dredge doesn't need to be touched, but I'm being honest when I say it here, the Dredge could use some buffs.

First, it could use a touch to its basekit teleport speed or recharge, preferably both. I get that the Dredge has access to Nightfall as a mechanic that "negates" some of its downsides, but realistically, Dredge isn't Oni. Bear with me for this example.

The Oni can turn a game around really quick because he has access to an instadown and movement speed that isn't restricted to certain teleport spots such as lockers. Oni doesn't have nasty anti-loop like the Dredge does, but when Oni gets a hit, it charges his power much faster and eventually survivors cannot negate his anti-loop unlike the Dredge's. The Oni travels too fast that survivors cannot completely react 100% of all of his swings and movement.

This is not the case for the Dredge. The Dredge will move instantly to its last spot, but will no longer have access to its teleport for the next 7-10 seconds, becoming an M1 killer only. Even if the power is more consistent than Oni's, you cannot capitalize off of it as well as Oni can.

Another problem with the Dredge is the constant whistling sound that plays when it walks during Nightfall and even outside of Nightfall. I get that this a sort of counterplay for people who have hard vision, but to explain further, this actively is a detriment to the Dredge. You lose your Terror Radius but that doesn't matter because Survivors will still hear you coming anyways outside of 24m. Wraith's stealth is more consistent than Dredge's during Nightfall, and he is the epitome of an M1 killer.

Please remove the sound and make survivors have to pay attention more or compensate the Dredge in some way for this downside.

Another suggestion to start in the right direction is remove the sound of the Dredge teleporting into a locker. The only way to play around this is by instantly leaving a locker. The Dredge already lets itself be known it's sitting in a specific locker by leaking out black mist/smoke when you sit in the locker for too long. Survivors are not that stupid.

And one final suggestion, please buff locker spawns. Having portions of the map restricted because of lack of teleport options is (arguably) bad map design, or maybe, bad killer design.