Dying Light rework/buff idea.

Options
tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
edited January 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
This is what Dying Light does:

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 38/44/50 %.

Once the Obsession is killed or sacrificed, every other Survivor gets a penalty of 19/22/25 % to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed.

New Dying Light:

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 38/44/50 %.

Each time you hook the Obsession you gain a token. Each token gives all survivors who are not the Obsession a penalty of 9% to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed. The Obsession gains an extra 4% to altruistic action speed each time it's hooked.

A token is gained when you kill the Obsession.

With these change killers could focus on other targets and not worry that much about being gen rushed.

It would also change the meta a little. I know most killers are tired of running Ruin in all of their builds just to get it destroyed at the first 15 seconds of the game.

And it would fit better with the name of the perk too, lol. It's called Dying Light, not Dead Light.

What do you guys think about this little change?

Edit:

Maybe tone down the numbers a little bit?
Probably the perk should give 5% for each token?

For those who think I made this post to stop tunneling I'd like to tell you that's not the case.

I made It cuz Im tired of getting my ruin demolished at the first 2 seconds of the match cuz totem spawns are awful. With these change killers would still have a chance against gen rush.
Post edited by tt_ivi_99 on

Comments

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Yes, brother this may stop the tunneling/camping it's a great idea.

• Goldengeartwo
    Goldengeartwo Member Posts: 79
    Options
    But my Tombstone Myers 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Just remove Dying Light. It's a terrible perk for both sides. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:

You become obsessed with one Survivor.Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 38/44/50 %.

Once the Obsession is killed or sacrificed, every other Survivor gets a penalty of 19/22/25 % to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed.

New Dying Light:

You become obsessed with one Survivor.Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 38/44/50 %.

Each time you hook the Obsession you gain a token. Each token gives all survivors who are not the Obsession a penalty of 9% to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed. The Obsession gains an extra 4% to altruistic action speed each time it's hooked.

With these change killers could focus on other targets and not worry that much about being gen rushed.

It would also change the meta a little. I know most killers are tired of running Ruin in all of their builds just to get it destroyed at the first 15 seconds of the game.

And it would fit better with the name of the perk too, lol. It's called Dying Light, not Dead Light.

So if the obsession suicides on hook or DCs, then you dont get the full tokens?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,677
    Options

@Master said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:

New Dying Light:

The way that the OP has it written, no. 1 token per hook and 1 token upon death. So if the obsession suicides on hook then you would have 2 tokens. That is still 18% penalty for remaining survivors, plus more importantly, they are down a survivor. So the obsession isn't doing his/her team mates any favors by killing themselves on the hook.

It honestly isn't a bad idea. Slower payout in some games, but at least you can get some benefit early on. If you can find the obsession that is. That is the one thing missing from the perk. I think you should also get to see the obsessions aura at the start of the game for 4 seconds. I don't know though, this perk heavily rewards tunneling either way. Maybe it shouldn't get buffed at all.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Dying Light is the most despicable perk in DbD. It incentivizes to tunnel and camp a survivor. Just to get a small debuff, that won't make a difference in most matches anyway. 

Just remove it.
  • Causticwit75
    Causticwit75 Member Posts: 32
    Options

I mean I would suicide every single time I was Dying light with these changes, for the benefit of my team. Staying in the match and getting farmed will cost them 36% Action Speed with your changes. That's nearly 2.5 times the Power of Thanatophobia with 4 wounded survivors at 15%. When you stack the 2 perks, it'd be pretty ridiculous. Even a suicide would cost the team 18%, well over the 4 survivor wounded benefit of Thana. Dying Light was an interesting concept, but it just shouldn't be in the game for the benefit of everyone, much like Decisive in it's current state. Things that reward un-fun play styles need to go.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options
    Master said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:

New Dying Light:

That's right
  • tt_ivi_99
    edited January 2019
    Options

I mean I would suicide every single time I was Dying light with these changes, for the benefit of my team. Staying in the match and getting farmed will cost them 36% Action Speed with your changes. That's nearly 2.5 times the Power of Thanatophobia with 4 wounded survivors at 15%. When you stack the 2 perks, it'd be pretty ridiculous. Even a suicide would cost the team 18%, well over the 4 survivor wounded benefit of Thana. Dying Light was an interesting concept, but it just shouldn't be in the game for the benefit of everyone, much like Decisive in it's current state. Things that reward un-fun play styles need to go.

Well, that would mean 1 less survivor so I dont see how its better.

Edit:

Keep in mind that the obsession wouldnt be affected by the numbers so that player should repair as much as he could and also play stealthy
  • Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options
    Ruin + Dying Light + obsession tunnel generally works out well for me. About 70% of the time but it's not all that fun having to use those to try counter the gen rushing.
  • Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Dying Light is the most despicable perk in DbD. It incentivizes to tunnel and camp a survivor. Just to get a small debuff, that won't make a difference in most matches anyway. 

Just remove it.
    Makes a huge difference in my games don't know what you're on. Log as I don't let the survivors get down to 1-2 gens left that's almost a guaranteed four man. When I have really altruistic teams it's a guaranteed four man because they spend so much time saving and healing they don't finish gens and that means no hatch
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Even with these changes the obsession would still get tunneled/camped. Dying Light should be drastically reworked.

A perk that rewards a killer for tunneling a survivor is not a good idea. The same applies to Remember Me.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

The change would incentivize against camping and tunneling the obsession because in the perk's new state it wouldn't be an All or Nothing perk. Slowing the game down x% each hook + an extra token for the death would mean you have extra time to find another survivor to hook and then attempt to relocate the obsession. Then the need to remove the obsession is not required.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Jdsgames said:
    The change would incentivize against camping and tunneling the obsession because in the perk's new state it wouldn't be an All or Nothing perk

No. It would still be a perk that rewards tunneling the obsession. The more hooks, the more tokens. Why should a killer decide: "1 Token is enough for now. Okay, 2 tokens would make the perk stronger, but let's be nice to the survivors right now and let's not use the perk to its full potential." ?

• Jdsgames
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@Jdsgames said:
    The change would incentivize against camping and tunneling the obsession because in the perk's new state it wouldn't be an All or Nothing perk

No. It would still be a perk that rewards tunneling the obsession. The more hooks, the more tokens. Why should a killer decide: "1 Token is enough for now. Okay, 2 tokens would make the perk stronger, but let's be nice to the survivors right now and let's not use the perk to its full potential." ?

Because currently you either try and bait hooks or stand and prevent the DL kill?
    Not saying you would be super nice to the obsession it simply affects how you have to play in order to get ANY benefit from Dying Light.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Jdsgames said:
    Not saying you would be super nice to the obsession it simply affects how you have to play in order to get ANY benefit from Dying Light.

It would promote tunneling a bit less than it is now, but in the end it would still be a tunneling perk, not a perk that "would incentivize against camping and tunneling".

• Jdsgames
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@Jdsgames said:

It would promote tunneling a bit less than it is now, but in the end it would still be a tunneling perk, not a perk that "would incentivize against camping and tunneling".

The perk currently completely incentivizes camping and tunneling the obsession. The current suggestion would eliminate the reward for camping the obsession. Tunneling is a strategic move that any killer can and might do despite what perks they run. However, the suggestion would incentivize leaving the hook and possibly finding someone else so you can then down the obsession again and rehook them.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Jdsgames said:
    The perk currently completely incentivizes camping and tunneling the obsession. The current suggestion would eliminate the reward for camping the obsession. Tunneling is a strategic move that any killer can and might do despite what perks they run. However, the suggestion would incentivize leaving the hook and possibly finding someone else so you can then down the obsession again and rehook them.

No. The current suggestion would incentivize to leave the hook only so far that an unhook takes place and afterwards, running straight back to the hook to tunnel the unhooked person.

Yes, tunneling is a strategic move that a lot of kilers use, sometimes because they have to. But tunneling is not a fun game mechanic and therefore there should not be any tunneling perks.

Good game design should promote not camping and not tunneling.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 Counter suggestion, go!

Dying Light
    You become obsessed with one Survivor.
    Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 38/44/50 %.

For every additional 15 meters away a Survivor is from the Obsession, that Survivor gets a stack-able penalty of 6/7/8 % to Repair, Healing, and Sabotage speed.

It promotes no tunneling, it brings survivors together so that a killer can interrupt more than one, and it works from the beginning of the game. What more could you ask for?

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I agree Dying Light should be reworked, to slow down gen rushes without condemning the obsession to an immediate death.

NEW DYING LIGHT.

Each time you hook or kill a Survivor you gain a token, if the Obsession is still alive or has escaped. Each token gives all survivors who are not the Obsession a penalty of 2/3/4% to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed. Each token increases the Obsession's Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed by 3/4/5%.

That's a strategic perk: the killer must slow down the Obsession's work without killing them, to gain more tokens during the trial.
    Post edited by Entità on
  • Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2019
    Options

A decent idea, but there's one problem, the perk no longer makes sense. It's called Dying Light for a reason, it's proposing the "what if" scenario where Michael Myers killed Laurie before her friends, killing any chance of success along with her. Your idea doesn't fit that parameter because the obsession has to be alive in order for the perk to work. Despite all of what I just said though, I DO like your idea and think it should be a separate perk, maybe something like "Tenacious Fear: You know how to damage survivors, but the one who harmed you keeps you away from wanting to kill them. You become obsessed with one survivor, (your idea here)."

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

New Dying Light:

Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 30/40/50%. Each time the Obsession unhooks a Survivor, the Obsession sees the Killer's aura for 4/5/6 seconds.

When you hook your Obsession gain a Token up to 2 Tokens. For every Token all Survivors who are not the Obsession get 9/11/13% reduced speed for repair, sabotage and healing.

If you hook the Obsession 90/75/60 seconds after being unhooked, you can't get a Token.

With 2 Tokens you can kill the Obsession.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,089
    Options

At least with Remember Me, the obsession can run into a locker before getting hit. They may get pulled out and put on a hook, but the killer won't gain any stacks of Remember Me.

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

I forgot to tell something.

I noticed that if you play solo and are DL it is very difficult for your mates to tell that you are DL and therefore should be protected. Whereas with SWF it's easier because you can communicate.

So my thought was that the perk becomes stronger through hooking the obsession so that the others get the debuff information in the UI and therefore could protect you better. The Obsession is literally their (last) hope.

The cool down timer between hooks is to prevent tunneling. I think it works well with DS so why not with DL. And one minute is still enough to get away and play stealthy.

The Mori with 2 Tokens is just for style :) and it would fit the what if scenario DL is based on.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Options

with the original post and this addition, I would say that would make the perk less crap. So goood idea.

• LiquidLink1988
    LiquidLink1988 Member Posts: 137
    Options

I like this idea

It creates incentive to hook the survivor rather than bring a Mori

Also, if the Obsession decides to Kill themselves or DC at the start of the match, the killer gets SOME use out of the perk, and it doesn't COMPLETELY screw over the other survivors... not perfect, but not DETRIMENTAL

When it comes to the tokens, is your Idea for 4 tokens or 3? I ask because you said each time you hook the obsession AND when the Obsession dies, and we all know you die on the 3rd hook; so would that mean that the killer gains a token on hook and then another when the survivor finally dies on hook?

If that is the case for 4 tokens... I honestly would not be opposed to that. As I said previously, it would give EXTRA incentive for a killer to sacrifice the survivor and not camp as well as NOT bring a Mori

There is one issue with this idea though: the fact that Decisive Strike can now change whom the obsession is. If they were to make this change, they would have to decide whether to take all the tokens away if the Obsession changes, or keep the tokens on Dying Light. Either way is going to be a hard work-around

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

I just noticed something:

With the new Obsession mechanic and with the Mori at 2 Tokens...

You can mori everybody who uses DS :P

I have to admit I didn't thought of that. Maybe it's too much. But on the other hand: with Rancor you can mori everybody too. Theoretically.