Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Hex: Face The Darkness activated despite not being injured & got me killed (Steam)

AykDanroyd
AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232
edited October 2023 in Bug Reporting

I was facing a Knight on the Lery's map and Hex: Face The Darkness went off as I was trying to find the exit gate. I had been injured previously and a Vittorio in the match healed me after we both screamed and after that the perk deactivated & he was able to escape. I on the other hand was running around the map uninjured and suddenly my character, Zarina, screamed as the perk reactivated for no reason & revealed my location to the killer and f'd me over. The killer got an undeserving kill and I got screwed.

I have video proof from a stream I did. In case this is not a bug, I'm reporting the killer for cheating.

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• AykDanroyd

Here is the build:

Perks: Hex: Face The Darkness, Hubris, Nowhere To Hide, and Unrelenting

Add-ons: Call to Arms & Town Watch's Torch

None of these cause Face The Darkness to reactivate.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,734

Are you sure that you were the injured survivor causing the perk to activate the first time, and was there still another injured survivor in the trial after Vittorio escaped (before you screamed again)? If you and Vittorio were screaming before you got healed, that means neither of you were the injured survivor that caused the perk to activate. It makes everyone scream EXCEPT for that person. The other 3 survivors do not have to be injured in order to scream.

• AykDanroyd
    edited October 2023

There were 2 people left in the match when it activated (it had activated before other times too of course) and at the time both Vittorio & me (Zarina) screamed. The Vittorio then healed me and deactivated it as it should have been deactivated. He left through the gate and it was only me, who was uninjured as the Knight had not found me at that time, and it suddenly activated again for no reason and I only got injured again after the Knight found me due to the perk illegimately ratting me out.

I have a VOD of the match & I'm well aware of when the perk should & shouldn't activate.