We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Settings refuse to save despite files not being set to read-only

Options
Jallybwan
Jallybwan Member Posts: 472
edited October 2023 in Bug Reporting

I'm on Windows 10. Back when you had to edit GameUserSettings.ini to cap your FPS at 120, I did this and set the file to read-only. I eventually uninstalled DBD for a while, and while it was uninstalled, BHVR added the in-game FPS cap option. I reinstalled the game sometime after that, and made sure to uncheck "read only" on GameUserSettings.ini.

Despite that, the game always loads with the following settings:

• Resolution set to 1600x900
  • Resolution scaling set to 65% Low
  • FPS capped at 60
  • Antialiasing set to TAA

The first three settings weren't even accurate to what was in GameUserSettings.ini before installing DBD again. What on earth is going on? DBD has permission to edit files on my system.

1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This seems to be a technical issue, if you still require assistance you can ask other forum users in the Ask the Community section (https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/categories/ask-a-question) since we do not offer technical support on this platform.

Comments

• Jallybwan
    Jallybwan Member Posts: 472
    Options

Nevermind, I figured out the issue. I was looking at WindowsNoEditor since that's what I remember from before, but for whatever reason the game now uses Windows Client. And that file was ticked read-only for some reason. My bad.

This discussion has been closed.