Please tell me how to counter flashlight saves

Options

Because I can literally stand flush against a wall, looking straight at it, and a survivor at a 90 degree angle to me can still blind and stun me. I'm doing exactly what everyone says to do to counter flashlights, and it doesn't work. Why won't the devs fix this?

Comments

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Can’t help you if you don’t share video.

• EmpireCity830
    EmpireCity830 Member Posts: 104
    Options

Lightborn is Hill Billy perk not Wraith, Wraith is Shadowborn

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,073
    Options

All hail to our lord and saviour Lightborn 😎

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,390
    Options

I like the idea that the killer's view themselves as a close knit group and they all refuse to close their eyes because they don't want the Doctor to be excluded.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

This.

Share video, so we can see what you were doing wrong.

Flashlights are very much counterable items and they are my fav items to go against. Because survivor with flashlight is always giving me free hits, sometimes free downs.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 644
    Options

I run Lightborn if I see even one flashlight in the lobby, or sometimes if I see a bunch of survivors without items (since that often means they're going to equip a flashlight last second). People get mad about it or say things like "why are you afraid of a flashlight, just look at a wall" but as OP has discovered, that doesn't work very well when you can get blinded through the side of your head. Hell, flashbangs can blind you even if they're behind you and you're looking up.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,255
    Options

You're right. Sorry. Don't know how I mixed them up. I'll change my post accordingly.

Thanks for telling me.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Sometimes you just can´t counter them.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

use lightborn. the more killers realize that flashlights are broken and seizure inducing the more killers will use lightborn. at that point one of two things will happen. either bhvr fixes the flashlights (which is unlikly) or theyll just nerf lightborn

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 542
    Options

It's been an issue for so long now I almost half expect to be blinded even if I was standing in a corner flush up against 2 walls picking a survivor up. Only real way to counter it is lightborn or make sure you check the area before pick up. Chances are if you have a few flashlights in the lobby you're going to get at least one survivor following you around the map. If you get one problem survivor just tunnel them out the game.

Franklins is pretty good also, especially when you get the type of survivor that will blatantly stand in you face when you down someone. It's actually hilarious watching survivors run in for the save when you hit them and pick up straight away. They don't even realise the torch isn't in their hand anymore.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

There are extra tricks:

Using knight u can put a minion so it will tell you if someone around.

Use ultimate weapon.

Think as a SWF.