Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

All Platforms - Trickster's Waiting For You Watch and Lucky Blade add-ons bugged

Each of the Add-Ons falsely give back too much Main Event meter. I believe I have found the cause, it's a bit complicated to explain why this happens but I'll do my best.

This seems to happen on all platforms and works every time, implying that within the code there has been an error in calculating how much of the meter should be regenerated.

Here is the frame before hitting the David in main event. You can see the bar is just under 50% full. The next image is AFTER hitting the David, where I regenerate about 20-25% of the meter again.

Adding up both of the numbers from the descriptions of these add-ons gives +0.7s per blade hit. Since main event now lasts only 5s, that is about 14% which is significantly less than 25% that is gained.

Here is why I think this is happening:

The wiki says that the Main Event meter is split into 8 charges whilst holding main event and not using it. For now we will call these "passive charges".

It also says that it depletes at 1 charge per second for 5 seconds, therefore there must be another value for 5 charges. We will call these "active charges".

So there are 8 passive charges and 5 active charges.

8 divided by 5 is 1.6.

The add-ons give back 0.7s, 0.7 x 1.6 (inflating to match the passive charges) is 1.16.

1.16 is about 22.5% of the 5 active charges.

So it appears that the 0.7s from the add-ons get transformed to work with the 8 passive charges, even though it is meant for the 5 active charges. It is like if you bought a big car for a big garage but then stored it inside a small garage.

I hope this information helps in fixing this bug :)

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated