Common moments in solo queue that I find unfun and possible solutions:

I will preface this by mentioning that I have 1,200 hours in Dead by Daylight. 1000 of those hours are as a killer. I put Dead by Daylight down after the most recent Decisive Strike nerf because I found I could win way more than I lost, and eventually pub stomping got tiring. I felt like I had to hold back if I wanted games to last long, so I put the game down. I eventually returned around the time Wesker released, and below are common solo queue experiences that I think should be altered. All of these suggestions are for the sake of making the game more fun, instead of more balanced since I think games should primarily be fun.

1. Being slugged out for an extended period.
  2. Whether it is so the killer the killer can guarantee a 4K, or is bleeding a whole team to death, it is not fun to be forced to AFK for 4 minutes. I imagine if a new player got slugged for 4 minutes they wouldn't want to play again or spend any money on the game so I genuinely do not know why this still exists from a business perspective.
  3. My first suggestion is to add a staggered unbreakable effect. You can recover to the normal max, but you can pick yourself up after being left on the ground for too long. The exact time it takes for the unbreakable go-off will need to be fine-tuned, but with the right time, it should only be a detriment to killers who are not playing to win and are using the mechanics of the game to be toxic. Additionally, a way to discourage killers from slugging for extended periods would be to give survivors buffs after they have picked themselves off the ground too many times.
  4. Remove Knock Out. This perk is absurdly strong in maps like Lery’s, but only against solo queue. I do not think it makes sense that blow out perks that are only strong against solo queue but it is the same as not having a 4th perk against SWF. There is no reason this disparity should exist.
  5. Being tunneled by fast killers and powerful killers.
  6. Admittedly, depending on the killer trying to tunnel me, I do not mind it as I think being tunneled can be fun. However, circumstances can make it feel like you have no power to resist being tunneled and the game actively punishes you for something out of your power with low Blood Points and pips.
  7. I think that the mechanics from the most recent Halloween event were great and should be included in the main game. A portal that opens up that only the survivor being tunneled can enter including a chest with a brown or special medkit to keep the survivor out of the game and healthy. Ideally, the time spent in this portal will be long enough that the survivors are not getting any sort of advantage, but short enough the survivor won’t hide in it all game. This will encourage the killer to chase multiple people, but because it only works on unhooking, killers will not be punished by taking advantage of bad survivor plays. The parameters for when and how the portal will open can be fine-tuned. Whether there be a system that compares the time players have been in a chase, the amount of time the killer patrols a hook, and the amount of gens. Most importantly, it can be turned off when you feel as though it must, similar to how perks like Off The Record turn off in the end game.
  8. Add new scoring events that reward survivors for spending a very long time in chase. Nothing is more frustrating than looping a killer for a whole game, dying while your teammates escaping and get good points, and you get 5k.
  9. Losses due to bad communication.
  10. This one is simple. It isn’t fun to lose against killers doing things that are only strong because you can’t communicate.
  11. The solution is to add emotes that appear to other players in the UI. I think the best way to handle it would have situational emotes that only appear in particular instances, so you can minimize the amount of buttons needed. An example would be something like a sticker of Trapper standing by a hook when you are near a hooked survivor to indicate to your other teammates the killer is near the hook.
  12. Please do not add voice chat.
  13. Losing games because of disparity in skill.
  14. It isn’t fun to load into a game with survivors who are new or very casual and know you are going to lose off the bat because they do not know the importance of doing generators, like to hide, or are simply new.
  15. A new MMR system that is based on escapes and generators completed would put players who focus on objectives and have experience looping together. 
  16. Removing or reworking perks that encourage poor gameplay. At this point in the game, self-caring is actively detrimental to your team. It takes almost half the time of a generator to heal with it completely. I have experienced survivors self-caring up to 5 times in one game. Urban Evading often encourages players to perform poorly as well. I think Boons as a whole need to be reworked since they take a large time investment, have the opportunity to do nothing, and can be placed in poor locations (such as next to a generator the killer wants to defend). Worst of all, players might get caught in the trap of using them at the wrong time. 
  17. If you do not feel the need to rework or rebalance these perks, then I think the next best thing would be to make the player base better at the game. Adding training scenarios to teach players when it might be best to do things and not would make these perks stronger. Additionally, it would be easier to balance things for both killer and survivor if every player was better.
  18. Games are being decided too early on.
  19. No one wants to play through games they know they cannot win, will not be rewarded well, and comes down to hiding or choosing to die so your teammate can get hatch.
  20. I propose to add an alternate win condition. The way the hatch used to work was too strong, but I think adding more mechanics to it could balance it out. Something like a ritual to banish the killer from the trial or realm that requires components to be found. Another method to power the gates that can only be done by two people would work too. This will also come down to fine-tuning, but I think the most important part is to keep the game fun. It does not need to be strong.
  21. Player toxicity.
  22. No one enjoys feeling like others are going on power trips against them, being mean, or intentionally playing in an unfun way. In real life, if you display anti-social behavior people will not interact with you again, but because Dead by Daylight is an online game, there are no social repercussions for behaving anti-social. 
  23. I think the only realistic way to combat this is to severely lessen the timer from disconnecting from a game, improve the AI for survivors, and add bots for killers. If people will want to play with other humans, they will need to keep them in mind. 
  24. I have heard of reputation systems in other games, where players who are commonly found to not be fun to play against get paired up with others like them. 

I will also add the forum needs touching up, as I wrote all of this in Google Docs I do not want to rewrite it because there are no sub-points (When you hit tab underneath a numbered list???).