Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The single most specific, confusing, and game-ruining bug I've ever encountered.

Ever since the update that introduced the Naughty Bear skin, I've been dealing with a bug that I am completely unable to explain. It's an extremely specific cause with a devastating consequence, I have no idea why it happens, and I have no idea how to fix it.

I'm saying all this because I know when I say what the bug is, people will think it's a joke. It's not. It's a real bug that outright prevents me from playing the game.

Now that I've said that, the bug is as follows: Hooking survivors breaks my PC.

Whenever a survivor is placed on a hook, be it by me as the killer or by the killer in my survivor matches, my computer becomes EXTREMELY slow. Not my Dead By Daylight application, my computer. Even if I manage to leave the game via normal quitting or alt + f4'ing, my PC remains broken. It struggles to render anything, has an extremely low framerate, and has a response time of ten or more seconds. The only thing that solves the issue is restarting the PC.

It's gotten to the point where I had to make sure that it wasn't a memory leak or something wrong with my computer. I've concluded that it is NOT a memory leak and my computer is working fine, as it is able to run much more difficult tasks than DBD with ease. For the most part, it can run DBD fine, too, but hooking survivors just borderline bricks it.

Updating my drivers and system didn't work. Uninstalling and reinstalling DBD didn't work. The only instance where this wasn't happening was on the Chucky PTB, but now that Chucky has been pushed to live servers, hooked survivors are this untouchable self-destruct button in the game's code for me. The weirdest part is out of the entire survivor roster, the one most prone to causing this bug in my experience is Thalita. I don't know why, she just is.

I don't know why this is happening. I haven't seen anyone else have this issue. It has rendered the game unplayable for me because I can typically go for 2 matches at most before I have to restart my computer and unbreak it. I don't have any footage because, as you could imagine, it's not feasible to record something on a PC that is behaving as if it is in its death throes.

If anyone has even the slightest idea of what in the world is going on, please let me know. I would like to be able to play the video game again.

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.