The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is countering the killers power with infinite items a bad design choice?

Geist
Geist Member Posts: 4
edited December 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

As I have played the game more and more I notice that some killers are better than others take the nurse, the blight, and the mastermind for example. Now the RE killers and plague had counters for their power, which is very cool and more or less lore accurate. But looking at the newest releases it’s almost as if the devs are obsessed with power counters take Xeno and Singularity. Now on paper the concept is really cool, but in practice it’s ridiculously bad. With the singularity you can infinitely emp the power away, and with xeno you can burn him to ash(I’ll leave the terrible and hard to aim tail attack and the inability to hear generators in the tunnels for another discussion). Singularity and Xeno are in an odd spot, make the tool too strong and the killers a joke, make it too weak and all the survivors complain. In my opinion both singularity and xeno should have a limited amount of these items like Weskers spray cans so that survivors have to be smart about when they use them, and this will add a new tactical layer to the game. In Xenomorphs case I would make it so the power doesn’t instantly charge in the tunnels, it will instead charge slightly faster than the normal walking around the map timer thing in the tunnels. Or they can just rework the killers so they are better. So are infinite items to counter killer powers a bad idea?

Post edited by Geist on

Comments

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 650
    edited December 2023

Yes. I want devs to stop putting mechanism that enables survivors to directly counter killer's power. Personally that is too lame.

Post edited by Astel on