If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Plaything Bugged (don't see the aura of it)

Options

On PC

So I've encountered this bug both today and a week or so ago.

Killer brings plaything, and it procks. However whenever trying to find it, you can't see the aura of it. I've spend about 10 minutes with my friend running around the map, trying to find them. We eventually cleansed them, however we never saw the aura of them.

23 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• xanadriel
    xanadriel Member Posts: 6
    Options

I've also got a recording of this bug in game, bugged in customs too.

• kadsugar
    kadsugar Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Bugged for us too

• ryokoryu
    ryokoryu Member Posts: 193
    Options

This happens to me also

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,133
    Options

yea I feel like a lot of killers are use it because of this.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

watch them not even killswitch plaything and noed. they're both bugged in the same way and don't work as intended. "deal with it until next patch"

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 550
    Options

Yup, I just encountered this bug. I wonder if the dev can kill switch things while they are in their Winter Break. 🤔

• trulyyrria
    trulyyrria Member Posts: 1
    Options

I knew Plaything but NOED too? No wonder I felt like a bot every time I tried to find it, I just figured I was blind as a bat when my teammates found it.

• Atom4000
    Atom4000 Member Posts: 13
    Options

I've noticed the problem about Plaything's Aura too. I've also spent a lot of time searching for plaything in one match.

This aura bug is so annoying, so devs, please Kill Switch all problematic perks immediately.

I've added some pictures for you, too, you can see this problem is currently occurring. This Bug happened for players on Steam and Epic Games Store, so I think it's not a platform problem. In this test match, the Meg was the only hocked survivor and couldn't see the totem's aura.

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 334
    Options

Was just about to report this. It's driven me mad over the course of several rounds... Here's hoping for a quick fix! ;-;

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 334
    Options

Happened to me also.

• Sigee
    Sigee Member Posts: 19
    Options

This is the reason they should killswitch the perks.

It is so funny when there is a survivor sided bug, they can killswitch it immediately, but never a killer sided bug.

When there was the merciless storm bug (they abused it with the doctor and it was not killswitched).

When there was the lethal bug they could see you in lockers, no killswitch.

When there was a flashlight bug, they killswitched the flashlights, the dramaturgy, and the residual manifest immediately.

But it is still a survivor sided game, right?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,133
    Options

yea but let not forget they kill switched the knight and the perk no where to hide, so let not say they only kill switched survivor stuff btw the flashlight bug was messed up.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 304
    Options

I made a thread about this and didn't realize one was already made. If they kill switched the bug that allowed you to get inner healing in a locker everytime, then I feel like they should kill switch NOED and plaything. It makes both perks OP like how the inner healing perk bug was.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

I can confirm it is bugged. Just had a match where I couldn't see the aura. Accidentally bumped into it but it was too late.

• gothiclolitia
    gothiclolitia Member Posts: 38
    Options

glad i wasn’t the only one who was having this issue

• jayoshi
    Options

Here is a video I made of the bug. I really hope BHVR fixes this soon or at the very least kill switch both perks. It's too OP and killers are using these perks knowing it's bugged (exploits).

• eatmypeanut
    eatmypeanut Member Posts: 10
    Options

Love how Plaything and NOED is still bugged. (Playstation 5)

• jayoshi
    Options

Yup. Still bugged and no kill switch. Killers are brining these perks now knowing full well there is a bug (exploit) and nothing is being done about it. I use to hardly get NOED and Plaything games. Now it's 90 percent of matches. Any update devs?

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

This is my experience as well.

Please kill switch it, this is ridiculous.

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 334
    Options

I used to rarely see this perk, usually on Pinheads or Weskers. I get it in the majority of my games now. This is NOT coincidence. This should've been killswitched when it was first discovered, not left for weeks for people to exploit! BHVR, please killswitch it ASAP!! :'(

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,305
    Options

The Kill Switch is there for issues which are game breaking - such as characters going invisible. We are monitoring the usage of the perks (they've actually dropped below their normal usage rates), so we do not feel this issue is being abused. The survivor is still able to find and cleanse the totems the regular way (without the auras being highlighted), so this is not something we feel is absolutely game breaking and therefore doesn't meet the requirements of the kill switch.

• ness__kun
    ness__kun Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Mandy,

Thank you for the clarification of The Kill Switch. Speaking of “game breaking”, after this bug occurred, I’ve seen some survivors who are doing nothing until their Plaything totems are removed by someone during the match, and I feel this is game breaking.

How do you feel? Thanks!

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    edited January 16
    Options

Same. This is unacceptable. People I've played with openly admit it's a bug and take advantage of it. I'm not playing anymore until this is fixed. No skin off my back as I've plenty of other things to do.

Not being able to see the aura of something like this makes you waste way more time trying to find it, or just not cleanse it which results in no terror radius and not being able to find NOED.

Now each match my friend wastes a perk slot on counterforce to get rid of every totem.

Maybe if all the killer aura reading perks will break and it won't be "a big deal" too because they can still find us and chase us eventually. 🤷

That's some logic there, tells me everything I need to know. I thought dealing with FFXIVs logic was something else, welp, back I go to that game :)

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 66
    Options

Did you seriously put a majorly bugged perk in the Shrine this week?

Is this not going to cause an uptick in its usage and therefore by the stated logic, mean that it needs to be killswitched? You could save yourself the next week of closing duplicate reports about this after... over a month of doing it... by just killswitching the perk already.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Using a perk that isn't working as intended to your advantage is an exploit. Exploit is an exploit. Period.

People are using it to gain unfair competetive advantage and the dysfunction of these perks affect the outcome of the games. It's been more than a month for god's sake.

Why does it need to be a matter of life and death for you to utilize the simple tools you have created? Why are the standards so low regarding this matter?

• Sauroth
    Sauroth Member Posts: 2
    edited January 24
    Options

It's been like this for a while, and it's already being used by most killers, on purpose. How many posts do we have to make, this is not just a handful of people complaining or raging for no reason, it's completely game changing.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • jayoshi
    Options

If they kill switch Inner Healing (Inner Strength at the time) for being bugged even thought it didn't break the game, then they need to do the same for Plaything. I'm so annoyed they are not going to kill switch it and being inconsistent with deactivating perks. There have been a lot of changes, hackers, and bugs in this game that it's making me want to finally abandon it even though I have spent so much money on it with rifts and buying cosmetics and every DLC. I'm so close to just cutting my loss with this game and focus on other games I enjoy that don't have constant bugs that don't get fix/kill switched when they need to be.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options

Have seen several Plaything exploiters already this morning. Good to know the devs won't do anything about it!

• EmpireCity830
    EmpireCity830 Member Posts: 103
    Options

Plaything needs to be killswitched. It is busted right now since no one can see where there totem is.